The real thing

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Corvus Corvax, May 11, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

  3. "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote

    > CC did you catch my book review about the memoir I read of a bike messenger in Chicago? Now, what
    > was the name of that book?

    "The Immortal Class", maybe? My wife read it and said it was pretty good, albeit a little pompous. I
    haven't read it.

    CC

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Corvus Corvax wrote:
    > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote
    >>
    >> CC did you catch my book review about the memoir I read of a bike messenger in Chicago? Now, what
    >> was the name of that book?
    >
    > "The Immortal Class", maybe? My wife read it and said it was pretty good, albeit a little pompous.
    > I haven't read it.
    >
    > CC

    yes that's it... I wouldn't use the word pompous... but he does tend to get a little bit psuedo
    enviro-politico-philisophical about the whole thing at times.

    Penny S

  5. Dick

    Dick Guest

    > Somehow, a fistfight in the subway between a 300-pound transvestite and a one-legged bicycle
    > messenger just says "New York" to me. ;-)
    >
    > CC

    ROFL you cant make that stuff up!

  6. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > CC did you catch my book review about the memoir I read of a bike messenger in Chicago? Now,
    > > what was the name of that book?
    >
    > "The Immortal Class", maybe? My wife read it and said it was pretty good, albeit a little pompous.
    > I haven't read it.
    >
    > CC

    The half I was able to stomach sucked big fat sweaty biker ass after 5 days in the same unwashed
    chamois. Maybe the worst book I've ever tried to read. He comes off as a pathetic,
    attention-deprived, self-glorifying bunghole who's trying to impress his college writing class. I'd
    door him. /s *of course, this is just one reviewer's opinion*