The Redbud Ride is great for hill training

R.Hendrickson

Jan 9, 2010
The 2010 Redbud Ride, which will take place in London, KY on April 17, will prove to be the most challenging and most scenic bike ride you have ever done. The 105 mile Big Red route has constant hills. The hills are not mountain climbs. The longest is only about 0.6 mile long, but they are constant and fairly steep. The 73 mile Green Monster route is much like the Big Red. The 40 mile Orange Crush and the 23 mile Mellow Yellow routes are much less severe. More more information go to www.redbudride.com or send an email to rodney1187 at hotmail dot com

Partially interested. It is about a 3 hour (one way) drive for me.
Do you have the 105 mile route in digital format like Mapmyride?

I'm sorry. We don't have the routes in digital format. I tried to put them on Mapmyride.com It worked great until about the 70 mile point. At that point the computer bogs down. I will try again. We do plan to put the routes on Arc-view GIS software in the near future. If you have GIS on your computer I would be happy to email the routes to you. I will also try again on Mapmyride.com

Thank you for the route
I will chat with some members of my club and see if anyone is interested in this ride as a warm up for 3 State 3 Mountain. I also added it to my blog on the right side.

Thank You for adding the ride to your blog. There are a few from the Smokey Mountain Wheelmen from Knoxville, TN who also plan to do the Redbud Ride as tuneup for the 3 State- 3 Mountain Ride.