The Right Size Specialized Bicycle Allez Elite

howierart

Mar 10, 2005
I have just seen one of these for sale second hand though it is too far away for me to try. The bike for sale is 56cm and I am 5feet11inches tall would it be the right fit for me as these bikes have different geometry to what I used to? (I have been riding a 54cm Coppi for the past four years but the bloomin bottom braket needs replacing though in the meantime has welded itself to the frame!)

mcginty_PB

Nov 18, 2005
howierart said:
I have just seen one of these for sale second hand though it is too far away for me to try. The bike for sale is 56cm and I am 5feet11inches tall would it be the right fit for me as these bikes have different geometry to what I used to? (I have been riding a 54cm Coppi for the past four years but the bloomin bottom braket needs replacing though in the meantime has welded itself to the frame!)
Hey there. You sound like me a couple of months ago. The most important think I have found in buying bike without actually having test ridden them is the top tube length. If you can, measure your old bike top tube length (use the effective length unless the geometry of your old bike and the new bike are similar) and see how close the specialized is to it. I am 5'11 1/2" (I claim the 1/2). I also have a 56cm Specialized allez pro 2004 and it fits me just great. It's my century bike and is very comfortable. Best of luck