The Rise And Fall Of Tyler Hamilton

CSCJan

Sep 10, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDlLkUgqXI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's kinda sad...

Does anyone else feel bad how his life went?

to a degree. but whatever sympathy i have measured out, there is a counterweight provided by the question of "would i have even known his name had he not doped?" how many cyclists' careers have been stunted because someone was willing to cheat to achieve the position? i do give him credit for not having taken the poor, poor me route like bill romanowski did a few years ago after his career ended.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

to a degree. but whatever sympathy i have measured out, there is a counterweight provided by the question of "would i have even known his name had he not doped?" how many cyclists' careers have been stunted because someone was willing to cheat to achieve the position? i do give him credit for not having taken the poor, poor me route like bill romanowski did a few years ago after his career ended.
Agreed.

Remember him riding the TDF with his broken clavicle? He gets zero sympathy from me.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Agreed.

Remember him riding the TDF with his broken clavicle? He gets zero sympathy from me.
i think that is the same mentality which made him dope, you wrongly think that this is your last chance, that time is short and that you will never get another shot in a particular race or a particular year,

patient people go to heaven, or patience wins you heaven, the famous saying

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Agreed.

I was one of the spectators watching the last climb on the stage from Pau to Bayonne in 2003. I was so excited to see Hamilton coming up the climb with no one else in sight. It was one of those times that you feel anything is possible if a guy with a broken collarbone can win a mountain stage in the TDF. I had taken some nice pics at the top of the climb and had them framed for my office. Of course, it all meant absolutely nothing when his doping was exposed.

Originally Posted by lance_armstrong .

I was one of the spectators watching the last climb on the stage from Pau to Bayonne in 2003. I was so excited to see Hamilton coming up the climb with no one else in sight. It was one of those times that you feel anything is possible if a guy with a broken collarbone can win a mountain stage in the TDF. I had taken some nice pics at the top of the climb and had them framed for my office. Of course, it all meant absolutely nothing when his doping was exposed.
For fans I'm sure it is bittersweet.
Nothing like seeing a great performance on the bike but it gets wiped out if they get busted.