Road Cycling · Public discussion

"The robots are gone. Everyone is suffering."

Started by B. Lafferty · · Last activity · 2 posts · 254 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 July 2006
Last activity
23 July 2006
Original author
B. Lafferty
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
254
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-2281512.html

    "I've been reading what you said about having no interest in the race," he
    says. "Well, actually, John, that's changed," I reply. "This has been the
    most interesting Tour de France for 17 years. Did you see the stage today?
    Fantastic. Floyd Landis exploded on the final climb and lost 10 minutes!
    When is the last time we saw that happen to the yellow jersey in the Tour de
    France? I like a lot of what I see in this race. The robots are gone.
    Everyone is suffering. It reminds me of the way the sport used to be."

    And an OLN tribute.

    I've found an antidote for my cynicism. From now on I'm going to watch the
    Tour de France on Gee-Whizz TV, also known as OLN, the Outdoor Life Network.
    I watched Floyd Landis's amazing win today from one of their outside
    broadcast units, just behind the finishing line and I'm a changed man
    tonight. They've got Phil "the voice of cycling" Liggett and Paul "the
    former pro" Sherwen and Bob "the Bobke" Roll working for them and you rarely
    hear those guys ranting about cheats and drugs. If I can get my act together
    I know I can turn this round. I've got to learn to say "gee-whizz". I've got
    to practise my enthusing. Repeat after me: "This is an amazing race!"

  2. B. Lafferty said:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-2281512.html

    "I've been reading what you said about having no interest in the race," he
    says. "Well, actually, John, that's changed," I reply. "This has been the
    most interesting Tour de France for 17 years. Did you see the stage today?
    Fantastic. Floyd Landis exploded on the final climb and lost 10 minutes!
    When is the last time we saw that happen to the yellow jersey in the Tour de
    France? I like a lot of what I see in this race. The robots are gone.
    Everyone is suffering. It reminds me of the way the sport used to be."

    And an OLN tribute.

    I've found an antidote for my cynicism. From now on I'm going to watch the
    Tour de France on Gee-Whizz TV, also known as OLN, the Outdoor Life Network.
    I watched Floyd Landis's amazing win today from one of their outside
    broadcast units, just behind the finishing line and I'm a changed man
    tonight. They've got Phil "the voice of cycling" Liggett and Paul "the
    former pro" Sherwen and Bob "the Bobke" Roll working for them and you rarely
    hear those guys ranting about cheats and drugs. If I can get my act together
    I know I can turn this round. I've got to learn to say "gee-whizz". I've got
    to practise my enthusing. Repeat after me: "This is an amazing race!"

    There's a fine line between reasoned cynicism and being a
    douchebag...you may have missed it when you stepped over it. 🙂

    R

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.