The Seiran, the new 26/26"

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by franksapper, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. franksapper

    franksapper New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Ladies and Gentleman.

    Have any of you seen this bicycle yet. Here is the web site.
    http://www.challengebikes.com/ch-01/ch-frameset-en.html

    This bike looks awesome, and I understand that it will also have above seat steering. I have emailed the company and they responded very quickly.

    I would love to get as much information on the company and this bike that I can.

    Has anyone dealt with overseas companies, and what do I need to make sure that I look out for?

    Any comments aor suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    frank

    Tags:

  2. "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ladies and Gentleman.
    >
    > Have any of you seen this bicycle yet. Here is the web site.
    http://www.challengebikes.com/ch-01/ch-frameset-
    > en.html

    Well, I sat on it at the Odense exhibition, and I have some pics if you are interested. Or look for
    Mikael's post from around the 9th february - he have some pics online.

    > This bike looks awesome, and I understand that it will also have above seat steering. I have
    > emailed the company and they responded very quickly.

    I agree, but if you are in the US, why not look into Bachetta or Volae? It must be MUCH cheaper to
    buy a "local" bike. But the again, if you are smitten..

    > I would love to get as much information on the company and this bike that I can.
    >
    > Has anyone dealt with overseas companies, and what do I need to make sure that I look out for?

    Check the gurantee, it might not cover what you are used to.

    Good luck. Torben

  3. I owned and liked a Taifun but I found Challenge bikes to be heavy ... and my very fast, comfortable
    Volae Team weighs only 26 pounds, ready to ride.

    --
    Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ladies and Gentleman.
    > >
    > > Have any of you seen this bicycle yet. Here is the web site.
    > http://www.challengebikes.com/ch-01/ch-frameset-
    > > en.html
    >
    > Well, I sat on it at the Odense exhibition, and I have some pics if you
    are
    > interested. Or look for Mikael's post from around the 9th february - he
    have
    > some pics online.
    > >
    > > This bike looks awesome, and I understand that it will also have above seat steering. I have
    > > emailed the company and they responded very quickly.
    >
    > I agree, but if you are in the US, why not look into Bachetta or Volae?
    It
    > must be MUCH cheaper to buy a "local" bike. But the again, if you are smitten..
    >
    > > I would love to get as much information on the company and this bike that I can.
    > >
    > > Has anyone dealt with overseas companies, and what do I need to make sure that I look out for?
    >
    > Check the gurantee, it might not cover what you are used to.
    >
    > Good luck. Torben

  4. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    Yes, but none of the US big wheel recumbents (and few of the other US recumbents) come with USS and
    suspension. I ride a Strada (w/M-5 seat) and I am attracted to the Serian. Craig

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
    > I owned and liked a Taifun but I found Challenge bikes to be heavy ... and my very fast,
    > comfortable Volae Team weighs only 26 pounds, ready to ride.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Ladies and Gentleman.
    > > >
    > > > Have any of you seen this bicycle yet. Here is the web site.
    > http://www.challengebikes.com/ch-01/ch-frameset-
    > > > en.html
    > >
    > > Well, I sat on it at the Odense exhibition, and I have some pics if you
    > are
    > > interested. Or look for Mikael's post from around the 9th february - he
    > have
    > > some pics online.
    > > >
    > > > This bike looks awesome, and I understand that it will also have above seat steering. I have
    > > > emailed the company and they responded very quickly.
    > >

    > > I agree, but if you are in the US, why not look into Bachetta or Volae?
    > It
    > > must be MUCH cheaper to buy a "local" bike. But the again, if you are smitten..
    > >
    > > > I would love to get as much information on the company and this bike that I can.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone dealt with overseas companies, and what do I need to make sure that I look out for?
    > >
    > > Check the gurantee, it might not cover what you are used to.
    > >
    > > Good luck. Torben

  5. If you ride on racing tires at 120-140 psi you can ease the ride on any 26-26 either by dropping
    tire pressure or changing to a lower pressure tire. Speed drops off with that, of course. But speed
    also drops off on hills with suspension and added weight.

    --
    Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL "cbb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, but none of the US big wheel recumbents (and few of the other US recumbents) come with USS
    > and suspension. I ride a Strada (w/M-5 seat) and I am attracted to the Serian. Craig
    >
    > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I owned and liked a Taifun but I found Challenge bikes to be heavy ...
    and
    > > my very fast, comfortable Volae Team weighs only 26 pounds, ready to
    ride.

    > > --
    > > Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > http://www.challengebikes.com/ch-01/ch-frameset-
    > > >
    > > > Well, I sat on it at the Odense exhibition, and I have some pics if
    you
    > > are
    > > > interested. Or look for Mikael's post from around the 9th february -
    he
    > > have
    > > > some pics online.

    > > > I agree, but if you are in the US, why not look into Bachetta or
    Volae?
    > > It
    > > > must be MUCH cheaper to buy a "local" bike. But the again, if you are smitten..

    > > > Check the gurantee, it might not cover what you are used to.
    > > >
    > > > Good luck. Torben

  6. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    That page doesn't come up and I've had lots of problems connecting to Challenge's web site, someone
    here mentioned they had a change or problem with servers.