The Showtime Rotisserie DOES IT again!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rick & Cyndi, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    Oh my stars !!! Tonight - hamburgers. Juicy, flavorful, wonderful hamburgers. WOW!!

    Shaped some ground beef into the traditional hamburger shape. Sprinkled Penzeys* Northwoods
    seasoning on one side. Lightly pressed the seasoning into the burgers. Flipped burgers over and
    placed into rotisserie basket and then sprinkled Penzeys* Ozark seasoning on this/that side. Placed
    basket into unit - set it for 16 minutes ("set it and forget it"). WHOA!! Major delicious.

    Not that I would try to entice anybody into getting one of these units... !

    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

    Tags:

  2. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:59:02 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh my stars !!! Tonight - hamburgers. Juicy, flavorful, wonderful hamburgers. WOW!!
    >
    >Shaped some ground beef into the traditional hamburger shape. Sprinkled Penzeys* Northwoods
    >seasoning on one side. Lightly pressed the seasoning into the burgers. Flipped burgers over and
    >placed into rotisserie basket and then sprinkled Penzeys* Ozark seasoning on this/that side. Placed
    >basket into unit - set it for 16 minutes ("set it and forget it"). WHOA!! Major delicious.
    >
    >Not that I would try to entice anybody into getting one of these units... !

    I'd get one in a heartbeat if I had the space!

  3. And how much is the kickback? <G> Here, it's both room AND money, oh well.

    SIXTEEN minutes for a burger? Isn't that a tad long (course, I like mine rarish to medium rare, not
    burnt shoe leather <g>).

  4. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    news:v%[email protected]...
    :
    : SIXTEEN minutes for a burger? Isn't that a tad long (course, I
    like mine
    : rarish to medium rare, not burnt shoe leather <g>).
    :
    : =========

    I wish there *was* a kick back. Sheesh - a girl could get rich! LOL

    They were rare in the center and perfectly brown on the outside. They were "poifikt"! Mine were
    still slightly frozen in the middle; hence the 16 minutes. Were they completely thawed I would have
    done about 12 minutes.
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  5. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Curly Sue" & Cyndi"wrote:
    :
    : >Oh my stars !!! Tonight - hamburgers. Juicy, flavorful, wonderful hamburgers. WOW!!

    : >snip<

    : ==========
    : I'd get one in a heartbeat if I had the space!
    :
    : Sue(tm)
    ========

    Hmmm, well...? If it helps, they're about the size of a tall toaster oven...? Currently, I've been
    moving mine back and forth between the kitchen and my craft room but it may earn it's own spot on
    the kitchen counter after about 3 more uses. I can get pretty excited about kitchen gadgets as it
    is... but this one absolutely, positively ROCKS! I truly can't think of any other item(s), other
    than necessary pots & pans, that I've used this often after getting. Shoot, I didn't use my bread
    machine until after the box had gathered about 4 months worth of dust!

    If 'clean up' is another one of your concerns - don't let it bother you a bit. I can't believe
    how easily everything cleans up. It is an absolute joy when a non-stick items is *really* non
    stick. Woo-hoo!

    But Sue, I really wouldn't want to talk you into getting one... <giggle>!
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  6. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]_s51...
    > "Curly Sue" & Cyndi"wrote:
    > :
    > : >Oh my stars !!! Tonight - hamburgers. Juicy, flavorful, wonderful hamburgers. WOW!!
    >
    > : >snip<
    >
    > : >Not that I would try to entice anybody into getting one of
    > these
    > : >units... !
    > : ==========
    > : I'd get one in a heartbeat if I had the space!
    > :
    > : Sue(tm)
    > ========
    >
    > Hmmm, well...? If it helps, they're about the size of a tall toaster oven...? Currently, I've been
    > moving mine back and forth between the kitchen and my craft room but it may earn it's own spot on
    > the kitchen counter after about 3 more uses. I can get pretty excited about kitchen gadgets as it
    > is... but this one absolutely, positively ROCKS! I truly can't think of any other item(s), other
    > than necessary pots & pans, that I've used this often after getting. Shoot, I didn't use my bread
    > machine until after the box had gathered about 4 months worth of dust!
    >
    > If 'clean up' is another one of your concerns - don't let it bother you a bit. I can't believe how
    > easily everything cleans up. It is an absolute joy when a non-stick items is *really* non stick.
    > Woo-hoo!
    >
    > But Sue, I really wouldn't want to talk you into getting one... <giggle>!
    > --
    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

    Where did you get yours? What else have you made besides the burgers? How many people are you cookig
    for? Is it big enough to cook for 5? Thanks :)

    kimberly

  7. Orion

    Orion Guest

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...
    > Oh my stars !!! Tonight - hamburgers. Juicy, flavorful, wonderful hamburgers. WOW!!
    >
    > Shaped some ground beef into the traditional hamburger shape. Sprinkled Penzeys* Northwoods
    > seasoning on one side. Lightly pressed the seasoning into the burgers. Flipped burgers over and
    > placed into rotisserie basket and then sprinkled Penzeys* Ozark seasoning on this/that side.
    > Placed basket into unit - set it for 16 minutes ("set it and forget it"). WHOA!! Major delicious.
    >
    > Not that I would try to entice anybody into getting one of these units... !
    >

    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

    Cyndi, I gotta tell ya, you are REALLY making me want to buy on of those things. You should be
    getting a kick-back, you're a hell of a good salesperson for it, and I am not an easy sell!

    Snoozin

  8. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Nexis" < & Cyndi"

    <snip>
    :
    : Where did you get yours? What else have you made besides the
    burgers? How
    : many people are you cookig for? Is it big enough to cook for 5? Thanks :)
    :
    : kimberly
    : >============

    I bought mine on E-bay through a company that also sells on their own site:

    http://www.SnappySalesUSA.com

    So far, Chicken breasts (injected and marinated with WishBone* Italian salad dressing), whole
    chicken (injected with WishBone* Natalie's Nalu), pork chops (dusted with Penzeys* Northwoods
    seasoning), Roast (beef), and tonight was the burgers. The roast was about 5 pounds and fed 9
    people. The unit could easily have cooked a much larger roast. The Rotisserie is supposed to be able
    to cook a turkey up to 15 pounds! And yes, it will DEFINITELY cook enough for 5 without any problem.
    That's one of the reasons I got the size that I did (Platinum ST5000) because we frequently have
    family and/or other guests over for dinner.

    I did a peek on E-bay and this is what I found for the model that I have:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2383578997&category=20675 This has about 17 hours
    left and currently lists for $ 112.50

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2384561034&category=20675 Just under 19 hours and
    lists at $ 129.99

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2384598784&category=20675 About 22 hours and
    listing for: $ 128.55

    There are a couple more listings as well.

    Of course, here's another option; go to: http://popeilfamilystore.com/rotisseries-5000t.html Here
    they the 5000 unit and all of the goodies for only $ 184.90 It includes everything listed below:

    The Platinum ST5000 unit Speed Basket Barbeque Gloves Flavor Injector Meat Thermometer 8 Shish-Kabob
    Rods Standard Rotisserie Basket 3 Dozen Elastic Chicken Ties Recipe And Instruction Book Non-stick
    Drip Pan Instructional Video Spit Rod Assembly Spit Loading Base
    ==============
    3 Piece Steamer Tray Set Deluxe Rotisserie Basket 4 Dozen Elastic Chicken Ties Stainless Steel
    Carving Knife Solid Food Injector
    ============

    Everything listed between the ===== and ====== are extras that I just recently ordered for mine.
    Plus I went ahead and ordered the Ribs basket. Although it isn't necessary because you can string up
    your ribs using the skewers and the standard rotisserie basket... it was only a few more $$ and I
    couldn't resist. <G> This Popeil Family Store is where I ordered *just* the accessories after I
    already purchased the unit.

    Both companies have already showed me excellent customer service. Snappy Sales USA sent E-mails
    asking if I was satisfied and asking if I had any questions. With Popeil Family Store, I had asked
    them if an exchange of items could be made. They actually called the house to apologize for not
    being able to swap out the items as they were already prepackaged. Both companies also E-mail
    confirmations of the orders and gave contact information.

    I'm happy. I'm extremely happy.

    Cyndi

  9. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    & Cyndi"
    :
    : <snip

    Everything listed from here to the first set of ====== are the standard items that comes with
    ordering the Platinum ST5000. Everthing between the === and === and/or including the BBQ Rib basket
    are extras. Lovely, lovely, extras. LOL. If you decide to order off of the informercial, you'll get
    some of the extras for free but will pay a higher price and the unit you'll get is slightly
    different. The main 2 difference being the switch/knob/touch-pads for operating the machine and the
    color. If you go to the Popeil Family Store site - they show each of the different models available
    and have good descriptions as well.

    Sorry if I was unclear earlier.

    Cyndi

    :
    : ==============
    : ============
    :
[...]

  10. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:06:29 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If 'clean up' is another one of your concerns - don't let it bother you a bit. I can't believe
    >how easily everything cleans up. It is an absolute joy when a non-stick items is *really* non
    >stick. Woo-hoo!
    >
    >But Sue, I really wouldn't want to talk you into getting one... <giggle>!
    >--
    >Cyndi

    If Moosie couldn't convince me.... But based on his recommendation 3-4 yr ago, I recommended it to a
    friend who bought one. I'd love one... and a Kitchen Aid mixer...(in fact, I declined one a couple
    of years ago) and other things. But I don't have the room, really, really don't have the room.

    I'm glad to hear you're tickled with it. I completely understand... I'm a gadget person too.

  11. "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Cyndi, I gotta tell ya, you are REALLY making me want to buy on of those things. You should be
    > getting a kick-back, you're a hell of a good salesperson for it, and I am not an easy sell!

    Me, too. I just totally do not have room, but I bet my husband would love
    it.

    Chris

  12. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Chris and Bob Neidecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    :
    : "Orion" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    : >
    : > >
    : > Cyndi, I gotta tell ya, you are REALLY making me want to buy
    on of those
    : > things. You should be getting a kick-back, you're a hell of
    a good
    : > salesperson for it, and I am not an easy sell!
    : >
    :
    : Me, too. I just totally do not have room, but I bet my husband
    would love
    : it.
    :
    : Chris
    =========

    Well, I gotta confess, I didn't think I had room for it either... but last night, I *made* room for
    the unit at the end of our kitchen counter. We're using it literally, every other day. Shoot, I
    could probably set it on top of my stove because I really am only using the rotisserie and my
    microwave these days. I simply moved my fire extinguisher against another wall and removed one or
    two little 'pretties' and the unit fits perfectly, in the corner, at the end of my counter. No more
    moving it back and forth to my craft room... just slide it 8 inches from the wall, plug it in, "set
    it and forget it".

    I 'Googled' last night and read Moosie's comments and a few others from when they got theirs... I
    can't believe I didn't buy one back then! Being that I purchased the next size up from most of
    theirs I'm glad I waited - but only because of the size offered back then. I am blown away by how
    much were using it. I kid you not when I say that I didn't use my bread machine the first 4 months
    that I had it. This unit I used the day after it arrived and have been using it every other day (so
    I can eat the left overs on the in-between days). Tonight will be last night's burgers and tomorrow
    I'm thinking about doing a meatloaf in it. Ohhhhhh, and I'll pack the basket around the meatloaf
    with garlic and onions... Yeah, that's the ticket.

    Rick and I have half-heartedly watched the infomercials for the past however long... with him doing
    Atkins and the fact that we both love rotisseried foods... I have no idea why we waited so long. I
    hate sounding like some salesman from hell... but you know what they say - if you believe in a
    product it's hard *not* to sell it. I offered to let Mom & Dad use it, last week, but they declined
    - they said something like they *knew* after using it they would *have* to order it and would
    probably have a tough time returning mine to me until theirs came in. The night I cooked a whole
    chicken in it, we had them over for dinner. They were both impressed with how everything came out.
    Oh, they also were over when I did the roast this weekend...

    Anyhoo... tomorrow, after I do the meatloaf in it I'll be sure to post the results.

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply