The SI article...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Scott Hendricks, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. If you haven't read Rick Reilly's article re: Lance in the current
    issue of Sports Illustrated, you should.

    It's nice to know that for every schmuck like Imrem, there's a guy
    like Reilly who DOES get it.

    Tags:

  2. Badger_South

    Badger_South Guest

    On 3 Aug 2004 08:36:49 -0700, [email protected] (Scott Hendricks)
    wrote:

    >If you haven't read Rick Reilly's article re: Lance in the current
    >issue of Sports Illustrated, you should.
    >
    >It's nice to know that for every schmuck like Imrem, there's a guy
    >like Reilly who DOES get it.

    However, if you read the article, you'll be amazed at the several technical
    inaccuracies, and the dumb analogies. 'gone as fast as an Affleck film'?
    Sheesh.

    Still, overall way positive for biking.

    -B

  3. gk

    gk Guest

    > It's nice to know that for every schmuck like Imrem, there's a guy
    > like Reilly who DOES get it.

    Well there is a reason why the guy [Imrem] is a suburban Chicago
    newspaper sports writer... and he'll stay there

  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Badger_South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 3 Aug 2004 08:36:49 -0700, [email protected] (Scott

    Hendricks)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >If you haven't read Rick Reilly's article re: Lance in the current
    > >issue of Sports Illustrated, you should.
    > >
    > >It's nice to know that for every schmuck like Imrem, there's a guy
    > >like Reilly who DOES get it.

    > However, if you read the article, you'll be amazed at the several

    technical
    > inaccuracies, and the dumb analogies. 'gone as fast as an Affleck film'?
    > Sheesh.
    >
    > Still, overall way positive for biking.
    >
    > -B

    Let's see you write a column every week. I tried in college, not all that
    easy.

    Reilly is one of the better ones out there. Sometimes a reference does not
    make it, big deal.