The SS gods have spoken... speedo woe

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, May 17, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying around to th
    SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of SS'ing. I like my ride stats..
    what more can I say

    Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch battery
    bring it home and fit it..

    Does the speedo turn back on? No Does it show any sign on life? No Eve
    when moved passed the sensor I've already fitted to the bike? No Eve
    after pushing the little reset button on the front? No Even afte
    banging the little bar stud against the bench? N

    So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a working old one!
    and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2

    Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone want either the batterie
    or the MITY2 unit & mount

    hipp
    - I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!

    -

    Tags:

  2. dejonica

    dejonica Guest

    > So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying around to the
    > SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of SS'ing. I like my ride stats...
    > what more can I say?
    >
    > Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch battery,
    > bring it home and fit it...
    >
    > Does the speedo turn back on? No Does it show any sign on life? No Even
    > when moved passed the sensor I've already fitted to the bike? No Even
    > after pushing the little reset button on the front? No Even after
    > banging the little bar stud against the bench? No
    >
    > So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a working old one!)
    > and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone want either the batteries
    > or the MITY2 unit & mount?
    >
    > hippy
    > - I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!!

    gday,
    not sure about the MITY, but after a battery change on my cateye enduro, it
    needed a reset before the display would come back to life..
    i think i had to press the centre button with a paperclip and hold down the
    other two buttons at the same time?

    And cecil walker were (about a month ago) having a special on sigma bc1600
    computers for ~$50 and that included the cadence sensor etc:)

  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying around to the
    > SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of SS'ing. I like my ride stats...
    > what more can I say?
    >
    > Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch battery,
    > bring it home and fit it...
    >
    > Does the speedo turn back on? No Does it show any sign on life? No Even
    > when moved passed the sensor I've already fitted to the bike? No Even
    > after pushing the little reset button on the front? No Even after
    > banging the little bar stud against the bench? No
    >
    > So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a working old one!)
    > and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone want either the batteries
    > or the MITY2 unit & mount?
    >
    > hippy
    > - I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!!
    >

    > --

    The bike gods in general work in mysterious ways. My cadence bike
    computer has worked fine for 18 months, yet the next ride after I
    started the cadence thread the cadence no longer works (I'm looking over
    my shoulder now because I'm convinced my bike is watching me).

    DaveB

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Dejonica gday, not sure about the MITY, but afte
    >a battery change on my cateye enduro, it needed a reset before th
    >display would come back to life.. i think i had to press the centr
    >button with a paperclip and hold down the other two buttons at th
    >same time

    Dejonica... you are a LEGEND!

    Legend, legend, dead set legend! :

    Of course initially I didn't try the _only_ combo that would work. Hi
    all three buttons tonight though and bam! LCD fires up. I entered 19
    for the circumference (26" slicks) and I'll see if it actually work
    with the sensor tomorrow - and I was going to give it away! pha t
    charity! ;-

    Thanks man! hipp

    -