The SS gods have spoken... speedo woe

hippy

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
1,806
So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying around
to the SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of SS'ing. I like my ride stats... what more can I say?

Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch battery, bring it home and fit it...

Does the speedo turn back on? No
Does it show any sign on life? No
Even when moved passed the sensor I've already fitted to the bike? No
Even after pushing the little reset button on the front? No
Even after banging the little bar stud against the bench? No

So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a working
old one!) and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Does anyone want either the batteries or the MITY2 unit & mount?

hippy
- I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!!

> So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying
> around to the SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of
> SS'ing. I like my ride stats... what more can I say?
>
> Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch
> battery, bring it home and fit it...
>
> Does the speedo turn back on? No Does it show any sign on
> life? No Even when moved passed the sensor I've already
> fitted to the bike? No Even after pushing the little reset
> button on the front? No Even after banging the little bar
> stud against the bench? No
>
> So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a
> working old one!) and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone want either
> the batteries or the MITY2 unit & mount?
>
> hippy
> - I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!!

gday, not sure about the MITY, but after a battery change on
my cateye enduro, it needed a reset before the display would
come back to life.. i think i had to press the centre button
with a paperclip and hold down the other two buttons at the
same time?

And cecil walker were (about a month ago) having a special
on sigma bc1600 computers for ~$50 and that included the
cadence sensor etc:)

hippy wrote:
> So I decide to fit the Cateye Mity 2 speedo I have lying
> around to the SS... contrary to the "no tech" rules of
> SS'ing. I like my ride stats... what more can I say?
>
> Pay the exorbitant $5 for a frickin' 3V lithium 1616 watch
> battery, bring it home and fit it...
>
> Does the speedo turn back on? No Does it show any sign on
> life? No Even when moved passed the sensor I've already
> fitted to the bike? No Even after pushing the little reset
> button on the front? No Even after banging the little bar
> stud against the bench? No
>
> So, I have a brand new 1616 battery (and probably a
> working old one!) and an apparently dead Cateye Mity 2.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone want either
> the batteries or the MITY2 unit & mount?
>
> hippy
> - I want a cadence computer!! waaaa!!!
>

> --

The bike gods in general work in mysterious ways. My cadence
bike computer has worked fine for 18 months, yet the next
ride after I started the cadence thread the cadence no
longer works (I'm looking over my shoulder now because I'm
convinced my bike is watching me).

DaveB

>Originally posted by Dejonica
>gday, not sure about the MITY, but after a battery change on
>my cateye enduro, it needed a reset before the display would
>come back to life.. i think i had to press the centre button
>with a paperclip and hold down the other two buttons at the
>same time?

Dejonica... you are a LEGEND!!

Legend, legend, dead set legend! :)

Of course initially I didn't try the _only_ combo that would work. Hit all three buttons tonight though and bam! LCD fires up. I entered 196 for the circumference (26" slicks) and I'll see if it actually works with the sensor tomorrow - and I was going to
give it away! pha to charity! ;-)

Thanks man!
hippy