The stench of Vitamin B-2...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by OmManiPadmeOmelet, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    :: In article <[email protected]>,
    :: "Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    :::: Doug Freyburger wrote:
    ::::
    ::::: On tablets - I've gotten coated tablets lately. I was never
    ::::: bothered by the smell but the coating makes me not smell it at
    ::::: all.
    ::::
    :::: I'll have to look for that, thanks!
    :::
    ::: For my multis, when I run out I look for generics labelled something
    ::: like "Compare with Theragram-M" or anything similar that suggests
    ::: they target well above Centrum. My current bottle is from Costco.
    :::
    ::::: The one I get is indigestion from zinc supplements. I can only
    ::::: take zinc with food.
    ::::
    :::: I don't take zinc by itself. It comes in both my multi-mineral and
    :::: my trace mineral tablets.
    :::
    ::: My dad had prostate surgery in his 50s. I'm in my 40s. I want to
    ::: head that one off at the pass if I can. I've read that B6 plus
    ::: extra zinc tends
    ::: to prevent prostate growth. An ounce of prevention is worth a
    ::: pound of cure. If I can avoid prostate surgery it will have been
    ::: worth taking the
    ::: extra pills and occasional mild short indigestion.
    :::
    ::
    :: Ok, I'm not trying to be tacky, but regular sex or masturbation
    :: (twice
    :: per week) is also supposed to make a major difference. I've read
    :: about statistical research in that direction.
    ::
    :: I'm sure it can be googled.
    ::
    :: If you think about it, it makes sense. Your testicles are constantly
    :: producing sperm that then moves eventually into the prostate. If it's
    :: not ejected, where is it going to go????

    Thanks for posting this. Even if it ain't true, it gives me good
    motiviation to keep trying to get some. :)

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ::: My dad had prostate surgery in his 50s. I'm in my 40s. I want to
    > ::: head that one off at the pass if I can. I've read that B6 plus
    > ::: extra zinc tends
    > ::: to prevent prostate growth. An ounce of prevention is worth a
    > ::: pound of cure. If I can avoid prostate surgery it will have been
    > ::: worth taking the
    > ::: extra pills and occasional mild short indigestion.
    > :::
    > ::
    > :: Ok, I'm not trying to be tacky, but regular sex or masturbation
    > :: (twice
    > :: per week) is also supposed to make a major difference. I've read
    > :: about statistical research in that direction.
    > ::
    > :: I'm sure it can be googled.
    > ::
    > :: If you think about it, it makes sense. Your testicles are constantly
    > :: producing sperm that then moves eventually into the prostate. If it's
    > :: not ejected, where is it going to go????
    >
    > Thanks for posting this. Even if it ain't true, it gives me good
    > motiviation to keep trying to get some. :)

    <smiles>

    I really was trying to be helpful...... :)
    --
    Peace, Om.