The surge

On Feb 10, 8:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> Someone as stupid as yourself believes that words do not have consequences.
> You think shouting fire in a crowded building is all just great fun.

So you realize that the hatred filled **** that you continually spout
should rationally lead to violence and harrassment.
Tom you're no different than the Mullahs, Stalin, ******, Mao, etc...
who wanted things their own way, and only their own way, and used hate
speech to create the society to give it to them.
Bill C
The contrast between Greg's America and yours is incredible, and Greg
knows his ****.
Bill C

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> What he says is true about modeling in general, but when he says
>> models don't make predictions he is talking specifically about
>> toxicological modeling. The subtleties of science aren't your strong
>> suit are they?

> Asher, this is my last posting to you since you're an incredible fool.
> The way you test the models is to run them on known climatic changes
> and see if your models follow what really happened. The modelers have
> done that and in fact they DO NOT model what actually happened. As I
> pointed out several times here, the models require millions of
> variables that are unknown so the overwhelming majority of these
> variables are simple guesses.
>
> I'd be willing to bet that you don't even understand what method was
> used to derived something as abstract as "global average temperature".
> I've asked you about that before and you simply ignored it. Good thing
> I suppose since the calculations of that are so outstandingly vague
> that in fact it means nothing at all. Or to quote yourself, " The
> subtleties of science aren't your strong suit are they?"
>
> I think you should get back to trying to convince everyone that
> although the artic ice pack was gone, the Alpine glaciers were melted
> and the entire southern end of greenland was arable during the Medival
> Warming that it was only a local event.
>
> "Why are you so scared about climate change?"
>
> What leads you to believe that I have any fear of climate change? I
> find you and your ideas rather funny as a matter of fact. Although
> I've cited Nancy Pelosi demanding that the USA set energy reduction
> limits that would turn the USA into a third world nation you've
> refrained from a single comment regarding that.
>
> When California Governor Schwartzenegger pushes through energy bills
> that send still more companies fleeing excessive taxation, it is
> everyone that is harmed.
>
> Someone as stupid as yourself believes that words do not have
> consequences. You think shouting fire in a crowded building is all
> just great fun.
>
> But instead you are simply a dupe of a group bent on the destruction
> of the USA. You and the others here fit the profile of Useful Idiots
> with such precision that it is humorous.

You're too embarrassed to ask for the interpretive dance explanation aren't
you? Ok, here it is, you don't have to tell anyone you didn't understand
the written stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVDOpbJF8IU

Semper utilis!

--
Bill Asher

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Marco says that he traveled to the Far North by compass. He reached
> a place where the Pole Star appeared to have a southerly bearing. We
> can tell from this statement that he had reached Baffin Island north
> of Hudson Bay."

You forgot the part where it says Marco Polo brought noodles to Greenland
which is why the Scandinavians have a noodle-based cuisine.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Marco says that he traveled to the Far North by compass. He reached
>> a place where the Pole Star appeared to have a southerly bearing. We
>> can tell from this statement that he had reached Baffin Island north
>> of Hudson Bay."

> You forgot the part where it says Marco Polo brought noodles to Greenland
> which is why the Scandinavians have a noodle-based cuisine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUlGoaAOzqA

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> You're too embarrassed to ask for the interpretive dance explanation
>> aren't
>> you? Ok, here it is, you don't have to tell anyone you didn't understand
>> the written stuff.

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=GlmdhoERVgo
>
> "Global warming is wreaking havoc on glaciers and the weather."

You really have to listen to this whole thing to see what this nut is
talking about makes the idea of Big Brother seem mild.

Robert Chung wrote:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Marco says that he traveled to the Far North by compass. He reached
>> a place where the Pole Star appeared to have a southerly bearing. We
>> can tell from this statement that he had reached Baffin Island north
>> of Hudson Bay."

> You forgot the part where it says Marco Polo brought noodles to
> Greenland which is why the Scandinavians have a noodle-based cuisine.

He didn't bring noodles you retard, he brought rice. Greenlanders started
cultivating rice. Then, when the Greenland climate changed from tropical
back to arctic when the MWP ended, all the Greenlanders died because their
rice paddies froze.

Anyway, sometimes the guy raving at the bus stop actually has a kernel of
truth to what he is saying. Sort of like this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30501

Anyway, there is a lot of evidence the ancient Chinese were quite the
seafarers.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sultan/explorers.html

There are some people who seriously believe Marco Polo sailed on the
Chinese treasure junks down the west coast of the Americas (see below).
However, it is not credibly believed he made it through the NW passage to
Baffin Island, nor is there archeological evidence of Chinese influence in
the eastern north american arctic.

--
Bill Asher

http://www.marcopolovoyages.com/Articles/MPoloNewWorldMaps.html

and

http://tinyurl.com/2ez6ez

Marco Polo’s New World Expeditions:
The Role of Commercial Espionage in Westward Expansion and Discovery
from Labrador to Louisiana and the Pacific
by
Gunnar Thompson
(New World Discovery Institute)

As late as the Lewis & Clark expedition into the Louisiana Territory in
1804, explorers were still seeking an ephemeral “shortcut” to the Western
Sea and trade with the Orient. The quest was ignited in the mid-1400s by
the sudden popularity of Marco Polo’s travelogue, Description of The World.
This crazy quilt of scientific revelation and outrageous fantasy inspired
credulous explorers over a span of nearly four centuries.

The enduring impact of Marco Polo’s lost “Northwest Passage” or “Strait of
Anian” can be attributed to the common practice of using maps as
instruments of commercial espionage. Cartographers and explorers had more
obstacles to contend with than climatic changes and compass error when it
came to blazing pathways through the wilderness. The so-called “maps” they
copied from rivals often had deliberate inaccuracies that were intended to
mislead unwary pioneers. Thus, Portuguese charts of the 15th century
deceptively showed Marco Polo’s Japan and Cathay (China) a short distance
west of Europe; and Spaniards duped the English into publishing maps that
showed California as an island. Even French explorers followed the fading
chimeras of the Verazano Sea, the River Oregon, and the River of the Khan
(Canada) as they headed west.

A substantial portion of the confusion stemmed from Marco Polo’s secret
voyages to the West Coast of the New World. He led fairly substantial
expeditions in his capacity as a special revenue agent for Kublai Khan. The
tangible evidence we have that such voyages actually took place consists of
a number of very early maps showing the coasts of Alaska, Vancouver Island,
Puget Sound, California, and Peru. It was Marco’s job to determine the
points of origin and costs for such valuable Chinese imports as furs, jade,
emeralds, gold, and cochineal -- a vermilion dye used for the emperor’s
paper money.

Leo Bagrwo published a number of Marco Polo’s New Work maps in 1946 showing
the coast of Alaska and British Columbia. Flemish and Venetian maps of the
15th and 16th centuries indicated the West Coast locations of Marco’s New
World territories of “Anian,” “Quivira,” “Toloman,” and “Paru.” These names
confirm an earlier belief among Flemish cartographers that Marco Polo had
indeed visited New World shores. Although some scholars have disputed the
importance of Flemish maps (and Bagrow’s data), numerous Chinese artifacts
found along the West Coast, the presence of Chinese horse breeds in Ancient
America, and Native tales of visitors from the Orient provide
corroboration. Most telling is a statement by Marco that he had traveled to
a region of the Far North “where the Pole Star was behind him as he
proceeded in a northerly direction.” This geophysical phenomenon occurs
only in British Columbia.

On Feb 10, 7:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Asher, this is my last posting to you since you're an incredible fool.

Are you going away again? Or, at least, what can I do to add to the
"last post" list?

> When California Governor Schwartzenegger pushes through energy bills that
> send still more companies fleeing excessive taxation, it is everyone that is
> harmed.

You mean they're going to start making companies pay taxes? And how
about the sports stadiums, TK? Are the billionaires like McCombs
actually going to have to be real entrepreneurs, like the little
people who try to make a go of restaurants and lawnmowing businesses
and such, and risk his *own* money, pay for everything at market
value, and try to make a profit in the *real world*????

> Someone as stupid as yourself believes that words do not have consequences.
> You think shouting fire in a crowded building is all just great fun.

Cue the mirror.

> But instead you are simply a dupe of a group bent on the destruction of the
> USA. You and the others here fit the profile of Useful Idiots with such
> precision that it is humorous.

Is it... the LIBERALS who are the group bent on the destruction of the
USA, TK? Hal Lindsey thinks so, too. (Wiki):
<Lindsey also promotes theories regarding either the USSR or the
European Union being the home of the Antichrist and describes liberals
as an "enemy that hides in the shadows, doesn't play by any of the
rules, and is determined to use any means to bring about our literal
annihilation."

I wondered at that one, since if we're in the Last Days, are we even
going to be around long enough for the LIBERALS (Big L) to destroy us
first?

Phew, global warming, that's small stuff in comparison. --D-y

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> You're too embarrassed to ask for the interpretive dance explanation
>>> aren't
>>> you? Ok, here it is, you don't have to tell anyone you didn't
>>> understand the written stuff.

>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=GlmdhoERVgo
>>
>> "Global warming is wreaking havoc on glaciers and the weather."

> You really have to listen to this whole thing to see what this nut is
> talking about makes the idea of Big Brother seem mild.

Man, the first 30 seconds of that put me to sleep. What exactly did that
guy say that set you off? At some point did he rip his clothes off and
start foaming at the mouth, screaming "capitalist pigs must die!"? Was he
saying everyone would have to wear an ankle monitor to make sure they
weren't producing too much CO2?

If that guy got you going, I can't wait to hear your reaction to Stevie
Wonder:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DCBI2AHaFfg

(Be sure to have clean underwear ready, Stevie W. will scare you shitless!)

Here is a clear calm voice in the wilderness for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3P0cAiJU0vs&mode=related&search=

--
Bill Asher

William Asher wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
>
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "Marco says that he traveled to the Far North by compass. He reached
>>> a place where the Pole Star appeared to have a southerly bearing. We
>>> can tell from this statement that he had reached Baffin Island north
>>> of Hudson Bay."

>> You forgot the part where it says Marco Polo brought noodles to
>> Greenland which is why the Scandinavians have a noodle-based cuisine.

> He didn't bring noodles you retard, he brought rice. Greenlanders started
> cultivating rice. Then, when the Greenland climate changed from tropical
> back to arctic when the MWP ended, all the Greenlanders died because their
> rice paddies froze.
>
> Anyway, sometimes the guy raving at the bus stop actually has a kernel of
> truth to what he is saying. Sort of like this:
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30501

When I clicked on this link, this ad was in the sidebar:

http://store.theonion.com/product_info.php?products_id=190

On Feb 10, 10:07 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
> > Tom Kunich wrote:
> >> "Marco says that he traveled to the Far North by compass. He reached
> >> a place where the Pole Star appeared to have a southerly bearing. We
> >> can tell from this statement that he had reached Baffin Island north
> >> of Hudson Bay."

> > You forgot the part where it says Marco Polo brought noodles to
> > Greenland which is why the Scandinavians have a noodle-based cuisine.

> He didn't bring noodles you retard, he brought rice. Greenlanders started
> cultivating rice. Then, when the Greenland climate changed from tropical
> back to arctic when the MWP ended, all the Greenlanders died because their
> rice paddies froze.

Dumbass,

It's true that Marco Polo brought rice to Greenland
and they cultivated it there. This is how the Inuit
(who are obviously Asian) invented sushi, as they
already had the fish and seals. The Norse didn't die
because the rice paddies froze, they died because they
thought sushi and seaweed were icky Inuit food, and
they wouldn't switch to sushi when their hay crops
grew poorly and their cattle died so they couldn't
make teriyaki beef. This seems tragically blind,
but to anyone who's ever gone to a sushi restaurant
with unadventurous meat-eaters, it's obvious how it
could happen.

The sad thing is that if Marco Polo had thought to
bring edamame along with the rice, it all probably
could have been avoided as edamame are a good source
of complementary proteins to grains, important to
vegetarians and non-fish-eaters. The Norse had
to make do with beer nuts, which are a lot like edamame
(why edamame are called "Japanese beer nuts") but not
protein-rich.

I hope this clears things up.

> Anyway, sometimes the guy raving at the bus stop actually has a kernel of
> truth to what he is saying. Sort of like this:
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30501
>
> Anyway, there is a lot of evidence the ancient Chinese were quite the
> seafarers.
>
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sultan/explorers.html
>
> There are some people who seriously believe Marco Polo sailed on the
> Chinese treasure junks down the west coast of the Americas (see below).
> However, it is not credibly believed he made it through the NW passage to
> Baffin Island, nor is there archeological evidence of Chinese influence in
> the eastern north american arctic.
>
> --
> Bill Asher
>
> http://www.marcopolovoyages.com/Articles/MPoloNewWorldMaps.html
>
> and
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ez6ez
>
> Marco Polo's New World Expeditions:
> The Role of Commercial Espionage in Westward Expansion and Discovery
> from Labrador to Louisiana and the Pacific
> by
> Gunnar Thompson
> (New World Discovery Institute)

I believe this guy seriously believes that Chinese
expeditions made it to North America. I don't believe
that many other people who've studied it believe that.
A lot of this seems to be traceable to some old theories
and speculative interpretation of maps that were
re-popularized by an author named Gavin Menzies,
whose book is widely available. Here's a couple of
critical responses:
<http://www.historycooperative.org/journals/jwh/15.2/finlay.html>
<http://www.froginawell.net/china/2006/01/menzies-and-the-problem-of-
the-smoking-gun-document/>

Ben

P.S. There never was a Northwest Passage for Polo to not
sail through. AFAIK, the so-called Medieval Warm Period in
Europe/the North Atlantic was only about as warm as today
(or as the 20thC average maybe).

Robert Chung wrote:
> Beer have nuts? Just one more way they differ from LANCE.

Perhaps Curtis or Ryan could advise on the best wingnut flavoured beers,
with or without a may contain nuts health warning.

[email protected] wrote:

> [...]

>> Gunnar Thompson
>> (New World Discovery Institute)

> I believe this guy seriously believes that Chinese
> expeditions made it to North America. I don't believe
> that many other people who've studied it believe that.
> A lot of this seems to be traceable to some old theories
> and speculative interpretation of maps that were
> re-popularized by an author named Gavin Menzies,
> whose book is widely available. Here's a couple of
> critical responses:
> <http://www.historycooperative.org/journals/jwh/15.2/finlay.html>
> <http://www.froginawell.net/china/2006/01/menzies-and-the-problem-of-
> the-smoking-gun-document/>
>
> Ben
>
> P.S. There never was a Northwest Passage for Polo to not
> sail through. AFAIK, the so-called Medieval Warm Period in
> Europe/the North Atlantic was only about as warm as today

I will defer to your expertise on Norse/Inuit cuisine. I've always thought
edamame were invented so that upper middle class couples could feed them to
their children instead of Cheetos.

I looked a bit for other discussions of Chinese influence on the west coast
and couldn't find anything. The Chinese treasure junks are known to have
made it to India, probably to Africa. I dunno, it seems sort of logical
they would have gone east as well as west at least once, just to see what
was there. <shrug>

I believe I have said several times in this debate that the best evidence
now suggests that the MWP was a regional, not global, warming.
Furthermore, current climate models can simulate similar regional warmings
in the N. Atlantic, although for the reasons I have already gone into, they
can't "predict" a particular regional warming coincident with the MWP.
Climate models don't work that way.

--
Bill Asher

On 10 Feb 2007 21:21:49 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

><Lindsey also promotes theories regarding either the USSR or the
>European Union being the home of the Antichrist and describes liberals
>as an "enemy that hides in the shadows, doesn't play by any of the
>rules, and is determined to use any means to bring about our literal
>annihilation."
>
>I wondered at that one, since if we're in the Last Days, are we even
>going to be around long enough for the LIBERALS (Big L) to destroy us
>first?

Could I have a theological reading here? Can Godless Liberals be the
source of the Aniti-Christ? So we end up with this Secular Humanist
Anti-Christ, but he refuses to use the supernatural on general
theological principles. Seems like a formula to get your ass kicked.
Just wondering...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:50:40 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>> The Norse had to make do with beer nuts

>Robert Chung wrote:
>> Beer have nuts? Just one more way they differ from LANCE.

>Perhaps Curtis or Ryan could advise on the best wingnut flavoured beers,
>with or without a may contain nuts health warning.

No. I remember back in the 60s they used to put Spanish peanuts in
their cans of beer in East Lansing/Lansing, MI, but I stopped that
when I went home to Texas and learned it was better to fill the can
brims (pre-aluminum) with Bourbon instead - Texas boilermaker. I
contribute my general dissolution and lack of moral character to this
discovery and shudder to think what may have happened if I stuck to
peanuts.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Feb 11, 4:50 pm, Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Could I have a theological reading here? Can Godless Liberals be the
> source of the Aniti-Christ?

I think we get both. Liberals and the A-C. And both are Enders.

> So we end up with this Secular Humanist
> Anti-Christ, but he refuses to use the supernatural on general
> theological principles. Seems like a formula to get your ass kicked.
> Just wondering...

Me too. A-C is supposed to lose, eventually. The details seem to vary
according to source. --D-y

In article <[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:50:40 +0200, Donald Munro
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Robert Chung wrote:
> >> Beer have nuts? Just one more way they differ from LANCE.

> >Perhaps Curtis or Ryan could advise on the best wingnut flavoured beers,
> >with or without a may contain nuts health warning.

> No. I remember back in the 60s they used to put Spanish peanuts in
> their cans of beer in East Lansing/Lansing, MI, but I stopped that
> when I went home to Texas and learned it was better to fill the can
> brims (pre-aluminum) with Bourbon instead - Texas boilermaker. I
> contribute my general dissolution and lack of moral character to this
> discovery and shudder to think what may have happened if I stuck to
> peanuts.

How about that deep South tradition of getting a packet of Planters peanuts and a
bottle of RC Cola (or as I heard it pronounced: R-uh-C co-Cola) and dumping the
peanuts into the bottle? (Yeah, that was a long time ago - glass bottles.)

Don't 'wanton ways' go along with general dissolution and lack of moral character?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Jack Hollis <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:23:51 -0800, Howard Kveck
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Jack, you're misreading what I'm saying. I don't make any claims that the
> >Democrats aren't getting campaign contributions from individuals and
> >organizations who are seeking to influence them. I know they are. I'm
> >saying that Abramoff wouldn't direct his clients to give money to Democrats.
> >It goes against his interests to do that.

> Then why does he have lobbyists who are Democrats who work with
> Democratic politicians. If you're going to ignore documented contacts
> between Reid and Abramoff's associates, then you are living in a
> fabntasy world and you obviously don't understand how lobbyists work.
> Most lobbyists give money to both parties.

Indeed, "most" lobbyists do, but Abramoff wasn't like most lobbyists. Here,
by the way, are a couple of pages of his donations:

http://tinyurl.com/ddvaw and http://tinyurl.com/7o3q7

You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a donation to anyone with a (D).

(snip)

> Three weeks before the meeting, Greenberg Traurig's political action
> committee donated $1,000 to Reid's Senate re-election committee. Three
> weeks after the meeting, Platt himself donated $1,000 to Reid.

Ah, I see what I should have mentioned: What went on when Abramoff was at
Greenberg Traurig wasn't the same as what he did when he was on his own. I apologize
for not being specific about that, Jack. His serious troubles began once he was out
on his own. As for the stuff about the Marianas, again, they knew his position and
it was clear that any contacts were unlikely to change that postion. If both G-T's
PAC and Platt donated, they gave a quid - what was the pro quo? Reid voted against
their interests.

> Enough said. Abramoff directed millions to the Democrats and there's
> no doubt about it.

Millions? Perhaps if you include what happened while he was employed by Greenberg
Traurig, Donations by the tribes he hired to Dems were a continuation of existing
relationships and the tribes (not being stupid enough to buy into the idea that the
GOP would always control Congress) knew to spread their money about.

As long as I'm at it, I will correct myself. I stated earlier that the money
going to Dems from the tribes decreased; that implies that the dollar amounts went
down, when in fact, it was just the percentage that they recieved that decreased.
The total dollar amount donated to both Reps and Dems went up, but the donations
reversed a many-year trend of being predominently Dem to GOP centric. Of the top ten
tribal donors, the ones that had hired Abramoff were the only ones to give more to
the GOP than the Dems.

On the topic of the idea that the GOP would always control Congress, one of the
things that is related to is the 'K Street Project' by DeLay, Santorum, Norquist et
al. That involved telling companies that did lobbying to only hire Republicans and
to focus their efforts and money on Republican members of Congress and candidates.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Jack Hollis <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Here's another more detailed story of Harry Reid's dealings with
> >> Abramoff from the AP. I see no difference between Democrats and republicans
> >> in terms of corruption. They're all corrupt. If you want to live in a fantasy
> >> land and think that the Democrats are not corrupt, then go ahead.

> > Jack, you're misreading what I'm saying. I don't make any claims that
> > the Democrats aren't getting campaign contributions from individuals and
> > organizations who are seeking to influence them. I know they are. I'm saying that
> > Abramoff wouldn't direct his clients to give money to Democrats. It goes against
> > his interests to do that.

> I see, besides being a blind idiot, you're also stupid. All the tribes got
> together and said, "Since we're paying Abramoff so much money let's throw a
> lot more around to whomever we might like to." And DAMN, the only people
> they could think of were Democrats.

Since the tribes had relationships with various Dems before Abramoff was hired,
it seem slogical that they would continue those relationships, don't you think. I
guess what you're trying to say is that the tribes were just too damn stupid to know
to do that on their own, right Tom? After all, they're just dumb redskins.