The Sydney Morning Herald sticks it up rude cyclists (and about time!)

• Thread starter Politically Inc
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Politically Inc

Sorry for bursting the pride of the rude and impatient cyclists out there, but check out the
following article in the Sydney Morning Herald of 3 March 2003:

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/02/1046540068824.html

For those reluctant to click the link, the following extract will be of benefit...

"But even a swarm of Serious Runners would be no match for the warships of the walkway, the lions of
the joggers' jungle - cyclists and pram-pushers.

Not sufficient is it for them to take to the pavement with speed or numbers on their side, they rely
on the unassailable authority of equipment. How often have I heard the impatient trill of a bike
bell from behind, urging me to step off the footpath (and onto the cycle path instead)? Who would
dare question the moral superiority of the parent-pram alliance and not yield at once?"

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
(Politically incorrect) writes:
> Sorry for bursting the pride of the rude and impatient cyclists out there, but check out the
> following article in the Sydney Morning Herald of 3 March 2003:
>
> http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/02/1046540068824.html

> How often have I heard the impatient trill of a bike bell

Now I want a bell that sounds like an old mechanical telephone bell.

--