The Teflon Killer

micron

Jun 19, 2003
Di Luca not guilty, apparently

DL, Dirty Bertie and Piti - they obviously know where the bodies are buried...

micron said:
Di Luca not guilty, apparently

DL, Dirty Bertie and Piti - they obviously know where the bodies are buried...
Just as long as he doesn't soft pedal to victory in the Giro like Basso. He should add to the spectacle.

I seriously doubt that DiLuca would be able to "soft pedal" to victory, especially with 2 very difficult hilly TTs and a killer stage 15. Last year he got in Pink thanks to the team time trial and then only had to defend it.

I would be backing Schleck if he goes, and perhaps Simoni to go for one last hurrah (if he is concentrating on it and not doing track this week). Cunego is concentrating on the Tour no?

jimmyjay said:
I seriously doubt that DiLuca would be able to "soft pedal" to victory, especially with 2 very difficult hilly TTs and a killer stage 15. Last year he got in Pink thanks to the team time trial and then only had to defend it.

I would be backing Schleck if he goes, and perhaps Simoni to go for one last hurrah (if he is concentrating on it and not doing track this week). Cunego is concentrating on the Tour no?
Schleck is riding the Tour instead and Simoni is very much concerntrating on his last Giro and (I hope) third win. DiLuca will also have Il Falco flapping at his side with some serious support. Should be an interesting Giro.

Rolfrae said:
Schleck is riding the Tour instead and Simoni is very much concerntrating on his last Giro and (I hope) third win. DiLuca will also have Il Falco flapping at his side with some serious support. Should be an interesting Giro.
Il Falco was awesome in last years race... attacking like he does on the downhills (I think he did it twice last year, to good effect) is such a great thing to watch. Makes it more interesting when it's not just the uphills where the GC leader has to watch what's going on.

Yup, no Schleck nor Cunego. But Simoni in his last Giro (not with a particularly strong team, though), DiLuca and il Falco... I will go for a wild choice and pick Ricco' as the man to watch in this year's race (haven't even checked if he is riding the Giro, now that I think of it :eek:).

This years Giro is going to be probably worse than the Vuelta! Never thought that the Italians would skip this beautiful race for the Tour?!

No Cunego, Garzelli, and baby Schleck takes the Tour too... Must be embarrasing for the organisors...
Hmm... But it's Dope DiLuca's race to loose.
Vai vai!

Aquamarinos, I have to disagree with you. The GTs are always great. The race makes the riders, not the other way around, and if none of the 'traditional' big boys are there, new riders will surface and make things exciting. It is a loss for the guys who will not come.

Simoni, Ricco', Savoldelli, DiLuca are amongst a group of the guys who will make it an exciting race. Trust me. I'm Italian. :cool:

Pete, I love Giro, so no dismissing. It's the best GT, IMO.
Just sad that so many "favourites" skip it this year, the race will be very piano...
Added that they didn't invite all the PT teams makes the race even more boring...
I hope Simoni wins though, I loved it when he called Basso an E.T.!!:D

No worries Aquamarinos. I am actually not concerned about which teams participate (although I would have liked to see Cunego there). There will always be good racing, and with Simoni giving interviews it always is interesting... :D