The things you see at a time trial...

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:47:01 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

> 'scuse me whilst I get me tits out in public...

JPEGs!

;)

"Sniper8052" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Oh Ch**** aren't we getting a bit serious over this? He should have tied
> his towel better and he should have had more consideration for others it's
> as simple as that. Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.
>
> Sniper8052

On this entire thread so far, the above is the most sensible posting yet.

Cheers, helen s

Sniper8052 wrote:
> Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.

A comment that could be applied equally to either side of this discussion.

Jon

"wafflycat" <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Sniper8052" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> Oh Ch**** aren't we getting a bit serious over this? He should have tied
>> his towel better and he should have had more consideration for others
>> it's
>> as simple as that. Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
>> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.
>>
>> Sniper8052

> On this entire thread so far, the above is the most sensible posting yet.

Sniper,

Is masked blasphamy and swearing really necessary?

Didn't you notice that Wafflycat has said repeatedly that she just found it
amusing?

Wafflycat,

Just wait a wee moment here.

You've been spending ages telling us that it was just a joke - didn't we see
the smilies - you should have used more smilies because we're all too thick
to get the joke, and now you're saying that someone who seems to have taken
the whole thing quite seriously and responded as if you had been serious,
has "the most sensible posting yet".

Just a touch of hypocracy?

Sniper8052 wrote:
<snip intemperate exchange>

> Oh Ch**** aren't we getting a bit serious over this? He should have tied
> his towel better and he should have had more consideration for others it's
> as simple as that. Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.

well actually I think it was killermike who started getting "a bit
serious" (IMO of course) although my post was deliberately provocative
in response. I still see nothing in the OPs posts to suggest anything
beyond an inadvertent slip of the towel in an area where there would be
a reasonable expectation of people getting changed.

I don't see that provocative nudity or anti-social behaviour (which
both exist) have anything to do with this thread.

Of course the underlying point about the discussion getting a little
out of proportion is valid but this is usenet after all and the tone of
your response hardly raises the standard of the debate

best wishes
james

Mike K Smith wrote:
> Dave Larrington wrote:
>> Simon Bennett wrote:

>>> Indeed. You could've swum in that 'puddle' in Preston Candover.

>> And shortly before Old Alresford, where there was a minor tributary
>> of the Itchen flowing across the road. The chap behind me got a wet
>> leg; I got an early bath. At least it was /warm/ rain...

> So what event were you guys riding? One of the Denmeads?

Indeed, the Denmead Summer Randonnée.

Do not top-post like a Cretinous Foul-Yob fit only for Stoning.

Dave Larrington wrote:

> Summer

Ha! well, it was nice earlier in the day.

Simon Bennett wrote:
> Dave Larrington wrote:
>
>> Summer

> Ha! well, it was nice earlier in the day.

Denmead Warmrain Randonnée would have confused everyone else... Nice until
Hartley Wintney, except for the 1:4 climb just before Liphook.

Among the calamities of war may be jointly numbered the diminution of
the love of truth, by the falsehoods which interest dictates and
credulity encourages.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:12:58 +0100, David J wrote:

> "wafflycat" <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Sniper8052" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>>> Oh Ch**** aren't we getting a bit serious over this? He should have tied
>>> his towel better and he should have had more consideration for others
>>> it's
>>> as simple as that. Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
>>> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.
>>>
>>> Sniper8052

>> On this entire thread so far, the above is the most sensible posting yet.

> Sniper,
>
> Is masked blasphamy and swearing really necessary?
>
> Didn't you notice that Wafflycat has said repeatedly that she just found it
> amusing?
>
> Wafflycat,
>
> Just wait a wee moment here.
>
> You've been spending ages telling us that it was just a joke - didn't we see
> the smilies - you should have used more smilies because we're all too thick
> to get the joke, and now you're saying that someone who seems to have taken
> the whole thing quite seriously and responded as if you had been serious,
> has "the most sensible posting yet".
>
> Just a touch of hypocracy?

Hello Steven :)

Sniper8052

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:01:43 GMT, Sniper8052 <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello Steven :)

Are you going to accuse every new poster who uses Individual of being me?

You really are a bit of a pratt, aren't you?

And being a fully paid up agnostic, so called blasphamy doesn't bother me at
all, and I hardly consider 'bloody' to be swearing in this day and age.

Do grow up and get your paranoia under control, there's a good[1] little plod.

[1]Actually, I suspect, mediocre at best.

Sniper and Stevan: Would you please stop involving other people in your
silly spat?

Stevan: just because you don't care about bad language, and are very happy
to use it when it suits you, doesn't mean that others don't find it
objectionable.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 03:27:20 GMT, Sniper8052 wrote:

> Oh Ch**** aren't we getting a bit serious over this? He should have tied
> his towel better and he should have had more consideration for others it's
> as simple as that. Trouble with people now is they have no Bl**** regard
> for anyone but themselves, well some of them.

I must admit that I had slightly misunderstood Wafflycat's original story
and assumed that the man had decided to get changed in a public area. It's
a slightly different situation if he had made a (perhaps slightly
misjudged) attempt to quickly get changed somewhere inappropriate and his
towel fell at the wrong moment. It sounds like he was a bit inconsiderate.

That said, I can see the humor of the situation and can't see why anyone
would object to Wafflycat remarking on it. Sounds like an amusing situation
to me too.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>>At least it was /warm/ rain...

> Ar. A few weeks more and we'll be into Windyrain.

Coldrain surely? I thought Windyrain followed Sleet.

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.rec.cycling/browse_frm/thread/ed5b47442c52cc26/5f878070cda073c5?tvc=1&q=coldrain+windyrain+warmrain+sleet&hl=en#5f878070cda073c5>
refers.

Mike

Sniper8052 wrote:
> Like the naked guy I arrested in six inches of snow, G** knows where it
> went but I swear he didn't have one!

Six inches? How apposite.

d.

David J wrote:
> Stevan: just because you don't care about bad language, and are very happy
> to use it when it suits you, doesn't mean that others don't find it
> objectionable.

It's the asterisks that are objectionable - ie either use the word
properly if you don't find it objectionable, or find a different word
to use instead if you do.

Only c***s use asterisks.

d.

On 17 Aug 2005 03:26:48 -0700, "davek" <[email protected]> wrote:

>David J wrote:
>> Stevan: just because you don't care about bad language, and are very happy
>> to use it when it suits you, doesn't mean that others don't find it
>> objectionable.

>It's the asterisks that are objectionable - ie either use the word
>properly if you don't find it objectionable, or find a different word
>to use instead if you do.
>
>Only c***s use asterisks.

Yeah, those crows really have a very limited knowledge of the alphabet.

in message <[email protected]>, Mike K Smith
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>>>At least it was /warm/ rain...

>> Ar. A few weeks more and we'll be into Windyrain.

> Coldrain surely? I thought Windyrain followed Sleet.

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.rec.cycling/browse_frm/thread/ed5b47442c52cc26/5f878070cda073c5?tvc=1&q=coldrain+windyrain+warmrain+sleet&hl=en#5f878070cda073c5>
> refers.

Nonononononononono. The four seasons, at least as experienced in
Scotland, are:

* Winter
* Winter 2
* Son of Winter
* Winter, the Prequel.

to err is human, to lisp divine
;; attributed to Kim Philby, oddly enough.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:40:29 +0100, "wafflycat"
<waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote:

>OOW! Cats have been known to go for the old bedsnake under the covers ...
>
>Cheers, helen s

It's worse in a sleeping bag, believe me - no room to manouvre.

Tony