The Thread about Nothing....

Hitchy

Jan 26, 2004
G'day cyclingforums folk,

A number of Aussies have been banned from a rival Seppo forum "bikeforums' by a Xenophobic, dictator of a moderator who decided that not only could we not use the term 'seppo' to describe those from the continent of Nth America...but any thread we started, if she didn't like the topic,she just deleted...what a pain...anyway, looks like we've decided to migrate here...(where we probably shoulda been anyway)...I'm sure the lads will be across soon...registering takes time ya know.....anyway feel free to jump in & say g'day....in the thread about nothing....well sometimes it's about cycling...only sometimes , mind :D

Yes well, I have been thinking for some time that the moderator in question too intolerant and indeed ignorant to be a moderator and the attempted interventions in recent times have been a little too extreme and heavyhanded - not just referring to the events of today. Oh well, them's the breaks I guess.

Well, It could be worse. We could've posted while wearing kaftans. :rolleyes:

Koffee Brown if you're listening, you're a self-rightous, xenophobic fascist. Get over yourself.

I'm happy to move over here. Heck, I've already been banned from two cycling forums so why not make it indirectly three? :D

It's unfortnate that we expect some form of good humoured decency from people who run forums, but at the end of the day it just appears that most are frustrated dictators who - in the height of irony - actually want more people to join their sites and contribute to the glorious multi-whatever melting pot that is the Intarwebby, but then feel as though they can be little Hitlers when things don't pan out exactly how they like it.

Well, farkit I say. Aussies Cyclists of the Web UNITE and KICK AGAINST THE PRICKS!!!!!!

matagi said:
Yes well, I have been thinking for some time that the moderator in question too intolerant and indeed ignorant to be a moderator and the attempted interventions in recent times have been a little too extreme and heavyhanded - not just referring to the events of today. Oh well, them's the breaks I guess.

You're about the only one she doesn't want gone!.I think you've been caught in the middle.....associating with us miscreants! has had you branded a 'bad girl' by association...I'm completely over KB.....anyway, if we hide here for awhile, we'll see how the 'lie of the land is'...expatriate's going into bat for us...I guess we see what happens

What exactly did I miss here? I mean, Kotter whent in a bit to hard with the Seppo bashing, but why would you delete an entire thread - the most sucessful thread in the history of threads mind you - just because Kotter when on a rant and we don't all think Landis is 'The Second Coming'?????

I'm dumbfounded.

I'm also dumbfounded to see an avatar I haven't used since 2004! :lol:

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAARRRRRGH

Koffee definitely needs to get out more. :D

It would seem that Bikeforums is on the brink of self-imploding because they haven't got or don't use a uniform set of rules for their mods. When you get guys being pretty lazze fair and unwilling to offend then the character of threads is going to drift towards the seedier end of town. It then gets on another mods goat and they can't understand why ppl laugh at them when they try to enforce the rules.

Thylacine said:
What exactly did I miss here? I mean, Kotter whent in a bit to hard with the Seppo bashing, but why would you delete an entire thread - the most sucessful thread in the history of threads mind you - just because Kotter when on a rant and we don't all think Landis is 'The Second Coming'?????

Yeah sorry about that guys. But Koffee started bashing us about our colonial past. I thought I would point out some of the stuff ups the yanks have had. Well I learnt my lesson: never point out to an American that they are wrong.
Doesnt really matter because it just degenerated into he said/she said.

Thylacine said:

I'm dumbfounded.

I'm also dumbfounded to see an avatar I haven't used since 2004! :lol:

She ranted & raved into TAT for about 2 hours at some ungodly hour this morning (our time)....I fair dinkum thought she was gunna blow a pfoofer valve.....It's not all kotters fault...she took exception to me as well...again!...she was ranting about the reply I sent to her in OZtralian....she didn't understand a word of it....which was my point exactly, about 'modding' the word seppo...she had no idea.....but this morning she reckoned I was using 'disrespectful' language...... She then decided to delete the follow up thread within about 5 minutes....& then some other bloke started athread asking "what happened to TAT"....& she banished that as well, without even giving him the coutesy of a reply!...unbelievable...we're naughty...but we didn't deserve to be banned

Hitchy said:
...expatriate's going into bat for us...
to what end? so we can go back and play where we're not altogether welcome, a mod wants to educate/reprogram us and the use of our antipodean vernacular, and where the "server is too busy" most of the time? bugger that for a bad joke!

any cycling related stories out there in the real world today?

After racing last night I joined up with a coupla guys for an easy ride this morning, including one of our juniors who just came back from a month long smashfest in the USA. When my turn to do a bit of work came up it was straight into a block headwind. My legs were completely stuffed after 5 puny km!!! Lucky the guy who'd just pulled for about 40km had freshened up :rolleyes:

Everything hurts now though!

Thylacine said:
I'm happy to move over here. Heck, I've already been banned from two cycling forums so why not make it indirectly three? :D

Im wondering Thy, did the advertising on bf make you many sales?

I did about 3 hrs today, strong westerly down here, so not huge fun....my coach has got this idea that I'm gunna do 'warnie' again this year...wouldn't mind, rumour has it that it'll be the last that ammo's are allowed in...so...but I'm not convinced I've got my head in the right place yet...bloody training for the thing is harder than the race!....anyway, I'm off to the footy....brother in law has way too much money & has a superbox...so off going to enjoy his hospitality (read: a crownie or 57)...could be some p!ssed postings later tonight!:D

Hitchy said:
could be some p!ssed postings later tonight!:D

please post them on bf, you and I have done enough damage, I dont want to get us all banned again. :D

Hitchy said:
You're about the only one she doesn't want gone!.I think you've been caught in the middle.....associating with us miscreants! has had you branded a 'bad girl' by association...I'm completely over KB.....anyway, if we hide here for awhile, we'll see how the 'lie of the land is'...expatriate's going into bat for us...I guess we see what happens
Ha! Ha! Little miss goody two shoes me!
tongue.gif

Not to say I haven't felt like posting some really incendiary comments on occasion, but I wouldn't be able to maintain the enthusiasm to keep going for any length of time so in the end I've never bothered.

Wasn't today an absolutely magic day for riding, so of course, we had lots of other stuff to do and couldn't get out on the bikes.
frown.gif
Hope the forecast for tomorrow is good.

eh, sorry . my asking for an appology probably didnt help things! not to worry. i sent her a PM calling her a racist and a bigot that will prbably see me banned from BF, ce la vie. going to change ISP soon anyways ;) she really needs to get her knickers out of the knot they are in.

hoorah!

I just got back from being hailed on, and it was farkin ****!
....and that is a real "I" :)
only 36km, and only 315km for the week, over 7 rides!! :(

matagi said:
Ha! Ha! Little miss goody two shoes me!
tongue.gif

Not to say I haven't felt like posting some really incendiary comments on occasion, but I wouldn't be able to maintain the enthusiasm to keep going for any length of time so in the end I've never bothered.

Wasn't today an absolutely magic day for riding, so of course, we had lots of other stuff to do and couldn't get out on the bikes.
frown.gif
Hope the forecast for tomorrow is good.
Yes it was a beautiful day in Sydney too, I guess we got the same deal as you did on the central coast! Sorry to hear of the hail storm in Melbourne. My sons birthday today, so I didn't ride.

Reactions: paulambry
531Aussie said:
hoorah!

I just got back from being hailed on, and it was farkin ****! :)
Mate, you need to move to Sydney in the winter - clear sunny skies most days and a nice balmy 17-20 degrees.
biggrin.gif

matagi said:
Mate, you need to move to Sydney in the winter - clear sunny skies most days and a nice balmy 17-20 degrees.
biggrin.gif
I've gotta start getting up before 12pm, then I might've been on my bike before 3pm, when the rain started. :)

Naughty boys you lot from Aussie bikeforums thread, offending the Seppos & all the trivial banter & BS you [use to] dribble about, where will I entertain myself now I can't read 300 pages of absolute ****.......BTW could you repeat the last 3.5 pages as I never got to read em:)
Edit Hey I just checked out some other threads here, are you going to behave yourselves "here" or get all Aussies banned from all Forums:rolleyes:

Gawd that KB's a piece of work... I PM'd Joe and had a rant... the wallpaper's nicer here anyway... I own ausbike.com BTW ;)

So I went and did me TT today. I tried to follow Hitchy's plan etc but I managed to completely stuff it up.
Went through my warmup... (40min) packed all me stuff away, rode around to the start only to find that they delayed the start (where we parked was nowhere near the start so I didn't realise 'till it was too late).
Undulating course with some fairly longish shallow climbs and a few short sharper ones.
Riders went @ 30sec,
1st 8km sat above LT (this has got me reconsidering where my LT actually is) hard to pace yer HR when you're on rolling hills too.
2nd 8km felt pert good so ramped it up just a bit... I passed my 30sec man before the turn-around
Last 3rd and I was starting to get some nasty pain near the nethers so I just kept going @ 5 over LT. (Wifey is a massuese and later told me it's an adductor strain) The hills were starting to hurt said strain, but I still managed to pass my 1min man with about 2.5km to go... (and a bunch of others that blew up)
Ended up having a sprint finish with one of the blokes I'd passed earlier that'd got his legs back.
Although I buggered a lot of things up, I'm still pretty happy with it.
25km
0:43:32
34.46 kph average

Odin... erm flipper