The Thread about Nothing....

classic1 said:
I swear looking at the list my nan must have voted.
Are you sure? It lists "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys at #156 FFS..:eek: !! Not even someone's nan could vote for that :D

62vette said:
unless your Nan lives in Brisbane. Rednecks LOL :p
Hey I heard that.:mad: The only rednecks in Brisbane are all the people that live north of the Gold Coast... :D Everyone in the Gold Coast and down to the border are bogans.:confused: :rolleyes: :)

Wilchemy said:
Are you sure? It lists "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys at #156 FFS..:eek: !! Not even someone's nan could vote for that :D
OMG. Now I have that fuggin song in my head. Contender for worst song ever.

No, nan does not live in brisvegas. Ms_Merida does. Did you vote for Kokomo Merida? :p

Actually, that list is contemporary in QLD.

classic1 said:
OMG. Now I have that fuggin song in my head. Contender for worst sone ever.
What are you talking about... lovely chord changes.... :p

They're singing about a gay community in Florida Keys... what do you expect?... :rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
What are you talking about... lovely chord changes.... :p

They're singing about a gay community in Florida Keys... what do you expect?... :rolleyes:
Here's a tip. If you have to qualify whether a song is good by using terms such as 'lovely chord changes' you have already lost the argument.

Here are three of my contenders for worst song ever.

We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel
All I wanna do is make love with you - Heart
'We Built this City' and any other song by the alleged band Starship.

flipper said:
classic1 said:
'We Built this City' and any other song by the alleged band Starship.
+∞
Gawd they were ****.
So what happened to them after the legendary days of Jefferson Airplane (well, apart from running out of acid)? :eek: I still love to play "White Rabbit" on 11 from time to time to scare my kids.

classic1 said:
We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel
Oi! I like that song! Takes me back to my CFA days. Bunch of bloody piratemaniacs. I remember one day when we did drills with 'real' fire. Dickheads cooked up said gasbottles and scrub fire so hot we had to put through a call to the CFA next town over to come give us a hand to put it out. Farken hell.
biggrin.gif

62vette said:
Yes, life used to be like that everywhere in the 80s till reality bit businesses on the bum. I remember going back to work at 5pm from lunch to pick up my brief case.
SNAP!
I remember one of my workmates wandering into work late one morning still wearing the clothes he had on the day before, blind drunk after a night on the turps with two women. he gave a very loud (and very unlikely) account of his "adventures" with aforesaid wenches, read loudly from the paper for half an hour, offered his unflattering opinions of everyone senior to him in the office...then went to sleep at his desk until lunchtime.
Then it was back to the pub for the rest of the day.
Nobody thought this in any way unusual.
Government work...ya can't beat it! :D

Gusboh said:
Probably have.
Corriander leaves won't keep the corriander flavour in a ferment - it'll just go 'grassy', as in cut grass/chewing on leaves.
Lemongrass is probably a little subtle, although i reckon you could probably get enough in to have the flavour. Chilli gets REAL old, real quick in beer. You've had enough by about half a beer. Although that's usually cos people figure that if a little is good, a lot is better...
Lime juice, or rind would end up tasting like the orange rind in Hoegaarden. They use a very sour orange in that.

I reckon you'd have to add the flavours as essential oils, rather than as ingredients.

You can do a pumpkin pie beer though - lots of cinammon and that **** that the yanks put in pumpkin pies.
I want a really good coffee inspired dark ale. Unfortunately everyone seems to want to make seriously bitter and roasted dark ales. I'm on a sweet/smooth phase at the moment.
Choko and food dye?

*Devastated* I've lost my bike for however long.. gear levers [apparently] shot themselves this morning on a ride.. and now I have no bike!!!

How long does stuff take to come back? My LBS have to send stuff back to Shimano apparently.. this SUCKS!!!:(

In the mean time, I have dad's Felt to ride, but all his settings are too whack for me and I don't want to risk injury.

classic1 said:
OMG. Now I have that fuggin song in my head. Contender for worst song ever.

No, nan does not live in brisvegas. Ms_Merida does. Did you vote for Kokomo Merida? :p

Actually, that list is contemporary in QLD.
I haven't been following the thread for some time - too busy studying!!
However, I assure I haven't voted for anything, so you can leave my red-neck outta this!:p

[And don't hate me just coz i live here.. for me I'm still a NSW woman..]