The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. jock.c

jock.c New Member

Bruski, your saddle isn't UCI legal. And I don't think they've ratified pannier racks yet. Otherwise nice ride. Especially love the subtle way you say 'I can spin faster than Ryan Bailey' with the little chainring setup. :)

2. Bruski

Bruski New Member

last time i checked, competition riders didn't have to carry a change of clothes and a packed lunch with them (or vegies and a bottle of wine on the way home). Spinning fast is usually only achieved on the downhill sections, just tilt the camera a little when you take the video.

3. jock.c

jock.c New Member

This is what I reckon you might sound like when you get up to speed on that thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJ-HzNWJGM&feature=related ;)

Ma, you would like it.

4. Bruski

Bruski New Member

That does sound familiar. Might have to put some slicks on it as the off road component of my usual ride is limited. any suggestions?

5. Bruski

Bruski New Member

actually, i like those tyres. that siren noise will warn small animals and pedestrians to get the fuck out of my way.

6. cricketk

cricketk New Member

*grumble*

Got knocked off my bike by a car last week, two broken ribs, sprained a couple of facet joints, and right AC and shoulder joint.

Bike is most likely salvageable - front wheel obviously wrecked, forks look dodgy. Wasn't hugely expensive to begin with, so might still be a write-off. Might actually have the brain together enough to get it checked out next week.

Currently happy to be not-dead, not-braindamaged, not-maimed and on a great supply of painkillers.

Lesson learned - just because you can see their eyes doesn't actually mean that they've noticed you. Particularly on East Parade in rush hour.

*end grumble*

7. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

did he pull out in front of you?

8. 531Aussie

Oh yeah, I forgot

yeah, I guess he's a bit smug, but I don't wanna piss him off in case I need him :p

Now I've gotta read that whole "bike weight" thread :)

9. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

10. cricketk

cricketk New Member

Yup. Coming the other way, paused at the light, looked at me and then turned right across the intersection into me.

11. 531Aussie

Yeah, I reckon that's one of the most common 'arseholey' thing drivers do, when they look right at ya, then turn or pull out in front of you anyway, forcing you to slam on your brakes.

I reckon a lot of dirvers treat cyclists like a bag of rubbish blowing down the road: they'd rather the bag of rubbish not to hit their car coz it might make a mess or scratch the paint, but if it came down to it, the bag of rubbish will come off much worse in a collision.

12. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

ARRGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!

It's a farkin bike, not a 'Ride'. Seppoese is banned from this thread. If things like this aren't stomped on immediately we'll have people going 'you go, girl' all the time or going 'Whoop, woo hoo, whoop' when they are happy.

Otherwise, nice bike. Well done.

13. Bruski

Bruski New Member

I promise I won't "pimp" it ok, all that "bling" would slow me down too much. Would it help if i rode it to the pub to get some stubbies? sorry for the faux pas (or if froggy-ese banned here too)

14. flipper

flipper New Member

Nice rig Bruski. When did you pull the trigger?

15. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Don't go bleating that around State of Origin time... [​IMG]

:D

16. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

You can get farked.

:p

17. flipper

flipper New Member

:D :D

18. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

Went up to JAFAland for my Mum's 80th birthday party on Satdee. I can tell you that the wrinklies drank as much wine as the young buggers. Bacon and eggs with coffee on my brother's patio this morning was a necessary start to the day.

We got woken up late in the night by some local hoon ripping past the house (in a suburban 50kmh zone) at fuck knows what speed in a V8, drifting round every corner in the neighbourhood for at least 15 minutes. As impressed as I was that he didn't crash, I was almost hoping to hear a smash and silence.

I must be getting old, my Mum certainly is :p

19. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

Glenvale today was hot. The nongs were even hotter. Haven't ridden in warm weather for a few weeks now, forgotten what it felt like...

20. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

Hotham was warm... some found it a little too warm:

[​IMG]