The Thread about Nothing....

Thylacine said:
So I understand the 'sinus' bit, but you lost me on the rest.

What's the dealio?

Left sinus was all full and the airways were not all that straight. So they pulled out the Makita and drilled me out.

Here is the scan from the bottom up... black = air = good, gray/white is skin and bone and isn't meant to fill the left sinus.

LamaInernalKonk.jpg

Gusboh said:
Thylo - cost of the hats?
I'm debating the style. I can do a simple black with an orange racing stripe, in wool, with embroided logo for $40. US made.

Or the dyesub Poly style for $25. HK made.

Ones Wintery, the other is Summery. Depends on what everyone wants.

gplama said:
Only in Mexico. I'm looking for the section on weightweenies to post the grams saved after having this operation.

:rolleyes:
Fark. Now that you can actually breathe, I should seriously consider sponsoring you. :cool:

Thylacine said:
I'm debating the style. I can do a simple black with an orange racing stripe, in wool, with embroided logo for $40. US made.

Or the dyesub Poly style for $25. HK made.

Ones Wintery, the other is Summery. Depends on what everyone wants.
I'd get poly - i don't really need winter hats up here.

Gusboh said:
I'd get poly - i don't really need winter hats up here.
Okay, well design-wise I think this is where I got to with the designs. Guess the most popular one gets the nod?

Thylacine said:
Okay, well design-wise I think this is where I got to with the designs. Guess the most popular one gets the nod?
I like design 02. But i'd swap the main colour to black. Fade to yellow in the stripe, and i'd put that cool grey logo on the side panel like in design 03 (left side as you look at the hat from the front). No change to the logo on the right side (as you look at the hat from the front).

Make sense? No worries if you don't want to bother with it. I'm happy enough with 02 for my vote.

Number 2 as in the Convict design?

Lets call them (left to right):

1. Orange/Yellow Panels Splat Logo
2. Convict
3. Centre Stripe Splat Logo
4. Schoolboy

Thylacine said:

2. Convict
4. Schoolboy
Sorry mate, i was using your filenames.
My comments were for centre stripe splat. The grey logo from the schoolboy design.

Well I fell off on Saturday. Not very spectacular.
Haven't done our usual Sat morning 85ker for a couple of weeks and very little riding otherwise - coming up a long hill 5 k from home, the lights changed at exactly the wrong time. Both legs, hip to ankle fully cramped up. So there I was, no longer able to stand - plopped to the side like a ripe fig. My trusty cycling companion says
"You been drinking enough water?"
Second bottle cage fitted Saturday afternoon.

Thylacine said:

2. Convict
4. Schoolboy
I vote number 1 or number 3 - black is not a sensible colour on a sunny day.

gplama said:
The procedure list reads: Endoscopic sinus surgery, Septoplasty, Turbinectomies. All I know is that it now feels like someone has kicked me inside the head. When the nurse ripped out the nose packing, I swear each nostril gave birth - I had to catch my breath between each one being pulled.

:(
You'll enjoy the feeling of being able to breathe through both nostrils once you recover from the surgery.