The Thread about Nothing....

Whats all this about a 'Tigger' in 'ride'?....someone post a link, otherwise I might have to read the last 20 pages of ****...& c'mon, ya wouldn't wish that on ya worst enemy would ya? :D

Hitchy said:
Whats all this about a 'Tigger' in 'ride'?....someone post a link, otherwise I might have to read the last 20 pages of ****...& c'mon, ya wouldn't wish that on ya worst enemy would ya? :D
It'll be in june or july or something mate - not just yet.

Thylacine said:
This be her.
Long stays, laid back seat tube, a proper long top tube to go with the laid back seat tube, long wheelbase, designed to be stable, a comfortable 'all day' bike. They are gonna hate it. They probably wouldn't know that bikes come with wheelbases longer than 100cm or seattubes can be laid back more than 73degrees. You'll only confuse them.

classic1 said:
Long stays, laid back seat tube, a proper long top tube to go with the laid back seat tube, long wheelbase, designed to be stable, a comfortable 'all day' bike. They are gonna hate it. They probably wouldn't know that bikes come with wheelbases longer than 100cm or seattubes can be laid back more than 73degrees. You'll only confuse them.
They panned (ok, not panned, made a point of saying that they didn't like it) the Madone recently for being subdued. I think the fact that the Madone had a TREK sticker on the side played in that though. It's much more aggressive on paper than the tigger.

The fact that the tigger is a boutique bike, and that it's Ti, and it's no doubt bloody expensive :) - they'll love it. :D

matagi said:
There's your problem, you're supposed to blow not suck :p :D
Isn't that the nurses job in hospital? Or do the doctors have to do the job as well nowadays due to staffing cutbacks?... :confused: :p

Gusboh said:
They panned (ok, not panned, made a point of saying that they didn't like it) the Madone recently for being subdued. I think the fact that the Madone had a TREK sticker on the side played in that though. It's much more aggressive on paper than the tigger.

The fact that the tigger is a boutique bike, and that it's Ti, and it's no doubt bloody expensive :) - they'll love it. :D
Stainless, Gus, not Ti! Steel is real, and all that.

I honestly don't know what 'aggressive' geometry is. We've just had 'steeper n shorter is betterer' shoved down our throats for so long, we actually don't know what a good handling bike is anymore. We think that if something is twitchy and jittery as ****, then it must be fast because our nose is draggin on the front wheel and our eyeballs are vibrating at 100Mhz.

I doubt very few of us are doing laps of Monte Zoncolan day in, day out, so why do we need short bikes? Why do taller guys need the same length chainstays as the shorter guys? When the seat goes up and back, so too goes the CG, so to maintain handling, the stays have to get longer!

Seat angles? Determine saddle setback, decide what seatpost you want to run, and out pops the seat tube angle.

Fingers crossed RIDE can see my genius through the idiocy.

Wilchemy said:
Hey Oz, it'd have to be too farkin windy even for you to go riding today wouldn't it??
actually I was gunna ride that day (it's fun doing 70 done Beach Road), but it ****** down at about 5 o'clock

We just got the power back on. Three days (and nights) without it! Boo! I know it's far from the end of the world, but it's a bit depressing sitting in a cold, dark, silent house for hours on end :)

On the frame flex thing, I've gotta admit it's still a bit of a mystery to me, and most of the stuff the science geeks on BF go on about is also a mystery to me. All I know is that out of the 19 alu and steel road frames I've had in recent years, some 'feel' faster and stiffer than others, but even then, I'm not convinced that the perception translates to real speed.

531Aussie said:
actually I was gunna ride that day (it's fun doing 70 done Beach Road), but it ****** down at about 5 o'clock

We just got the power back on. Three days (and nights) without it! Boo! I know it's far from the end of the world, but it's a bit depressing sitting in a cold, dark, silent house for hours on end :)
Three days! Crikey. So do you get to hit the power utility up for the 40kg of wagyu beef and blue fin tuna that was in that massive chest freezer you've got?

bbp said:
Three days! Crikey. So do you get to hit the power utility up for the 40kg of wagyu beef and blue fin tuna that was in that massive chest freezer you've got?
Speaking of Wagyu. The stations staff at my customer that breeds Kobe and Wagyu beasts get a "rations" head count to cull out. Not bad if you're on one of the stud breeding stations pushing out mostly Wagyu animals. They'd have nice Satdee BBQs

This morning I was running late time trialling it to my ride start expecting pain now that we've made a dent in time trial season. Thankfully the main purveyor of pain had a cold and just wanted an easy ride so we went and joined the gentlemens' coffee ride. 2 1/2 hours at 30kmh followed by bacon and eggs with a latte.

I broke a spoke on my front Shimano WH-R550 last week. $6.99 for a replacement. ****ing hell :eek:

62vette said:
Speaking of Wagyu. The stations staff at my customer that breeds Kobe and Wagyu beasts get a "rations" head count to cull out. Not bad if you're on one of the stud breeding stations pushing out mostly Wagyu animals. They'd have nice Satdee BBQs
That's the thing with us Aussies. We're still attempting to sell ultra not so fine Merino and Angus beef or whatever, and you guys are doing the ultrafine Merino and Wagyu. **** we're dumb.

62vette said:
I broke a spoke on my front Shimano WH-R550 last week. $6.99 for a replacement. ****ing hell :eek:
Where do I send this t-shirt with the slogan "Prebuilt wheels still suck"?

Thylacine said:
That's the thing with us Aussies. We're still attempting to sell ultra not so fine Merino and Angus beef or whatever, and you guys are doing the ultrafine Merino and Wagyu. **** we're dumb.
Can't argue about the Merino, but as far as beef goes - Angas is excellent beef, different from Wagyu certainly, but that doesn't make it inferior.

Thylacine said:
They are what they are Thylo. For $200 bucks I can buy two **** training wheels that I don't care about. If the gods are riding with me then the clutch assembly (aka freehub) will last longer than 6 mths.

I race on 540's and they're a bloody good wheel despite all the diatribe on the forums. To me they roll about 15kmh better than a traditional 32 spoke 3x laced wheelset for the same effort on the flat. Thats a remarkable gain for very little outlay. The only downside is that they only last about 3000km on our **** roads. The spokes just can't handle the pounding. If I was riding in Holland or Japan or Singapore they might last longerer. The hubs and clutch assembly are fo' schizzle (pricewize, that is)

Thylacine said:

My Wagyu customer is actually in Queensland/N.T. - www.aaco.com.au. Their predominant breeds are Barkly, Angus and Brahman. The Wagyu and Kobe are just icing on the beef cake - hey that's pretty punny :D

matagi said:
Can't argue about the Merino, but as far as beef goes - Angas is excellent beef, different from Wagyu certainly, but that doesn't make it inferior.
Meat is meat. A source of stuff. Some like it. Some don't.

But $150/kg for W?? Where's the sense in that? That's just rediculous. It's bad enuf that a good cut of rump costs over $20/kg.

jock.c said:
Meat is meat. A source of stuff. Some like it. Some don't.

But $150/kg for W?? Where's the sense in that? That's just rediculous. It's bad enuf that a good cut of rump costs over $20/kg.
A nice slab of grass-fed Angas, cooked rare, with a nice mustard-cream sauce .... drool! :cool: and of course, a nice drop of red. :)

Not tucking into any red meat at the moment, but I am sipping a glass of Lindemans 1990 Limestone Ridge (good year for the Coonawarra)