The Thread about Nothing....

is this the beer experts forum? :)

What beers are a similar style to Corona, but cheaper? I don't mind Corona, coz it's easy on the head and it tastes ok, but it's a farkin rip-off! Some joints sell the 6-packs for $19.50, and each stubby is only 1.2 standard drinks!!

531Aussie said:

What beers are a similar style to Corona, but cheaper? I don't mind Corona, coz it's easy on the head and it tastes ok, but it's a farkin rip-off! Some joints sell the 6-packs for $19.50, and each stubby is only 1.2 standard drinks!!
Aldi have some el cheapo El Salvadorian beer for gringos that is similar to Corona and cheap.

531Aussie said:

Why don't you try making your own? :)

coneofsilence said:
Have you tried it???
Yep. The father in law buys it when he's feeling too scummy to cough up for 'real' beer. I wouldn't say it was any worse than Corona, and its way cheaper.

Besides, I've seen the movie 'Salvador'. The characters were ****** all the time so Salvadorian beer must be ok. The beer favoured by more escuadróns de la muerte than any other beer

531Aussie said:

What a beers are a similar style to Corona, but cheaper? I don't mind Corona; it's easy on the head, but it's a farkin rip-off! Some joints sell the 6-packs for $19.50, and each stubby is only 1.2 standard drinks!!
Just drink your own urine, or that of the nearest Donkey.

No, it must be a donkey. "el jugo de un asno, per favor!"

It's not harsh Ma! If Gus was here, he'd say the same thing.

If cheap, clean and easy drinking is the order of the day, I'd say go with a six pack of Hansa pilsner. 6 x 500ml bottles for about 14 bucks. It'll make you look really sophisticated and manly, and bogan chicks with orange fake tan and big titties will flock to you like flies to poo.

Nothing says 'I can hump like a rabbit on crack' than a 500ml bottle of something cheap and German.

Especially when said bogan chicks wouldn't know German if it ran them over, and would naturally assume anything Euro would be tre expensivo.

Thylacine said:
Nothing says 'I can hump like a rabbit on crack' than a 500ml bottle of something cheap and German.
Is that right? You speak from personal experience, I take it? :p

I read somewhere that this site was on the downward spiral. What do I need to do to get you guys to make the new place your permanent home? And bring everyone else with you?

Tiger, some wheels arrived Friday. The UPS guy still leaves them on the doorstep, the bastid.

Thylacine said:
No, it must be a donkey. "el jugo de un asno, per favor!"

It's not harsh Ma! If Gus was here, he'd say the same thing.

If cheap, clean and easy drinking is the order of the day, I'd say go with a six pack of Hansa pilsner. 6 x 500ml bottles for about 14 bucks. It'll make you look really sophisticated and manly, and bogan chicks with orange fake tan and big titties will flock to you like flies to poo.

Especially when said bogan chicks wouldn't know German if it ran them over, and would naturally assume anything Euro would be tre expensivo.
Yes he would.

Cheap, easy drinking beers - i can never go past Velkopopovicky Kozel Premium. It's a Euro Lager that's about $3 for a 500ml bottle. (much cheaper than a schooner) It's got more taste than Corona, but it won't give you a headache. If you want real cheap, Amsterdam and Haagen are very passable @ $30 a case. Seriously Nev, go to Durphies and buy 20 or so beers from the import wall. See what you like :D

Also what's that John Dory guys, are we here or there?

Gusboh said:
Cheap, easy drinking beers - i can never go past Velkopopovicky Kozel Premium. It's a Euro Lager that's about $3 for a 500ml bottle. (much cheaper than a schooner)
The Kozel Dark is a favourite in my house too!