The Thread about Nothing....

flipper said:
You know the requirements. Stat Dec and pics with the day's newspaper.
At least we can produce group photos to prove we rode together - this one from the first ever TAN ride (the boys tucking into my trademark carrot cake) just to jog your memory.

IMG_0084.jpg

What's the use of a school class photo without a left-right name list? :cool:

Handles are fine. I'm guessing the lady with the nice figure is possibly a doctor. But I think I already knew that when this pic was posted earlier... :p

Is that sogood in the orange kit sitting down? I recognise the logo. I think Gus has been previously ID'd.

Crankyfeet said:
What's the use of a school class photo without a left-right name list? :cool:

Handles are fine. I'm guessing the lady with the nice figure is possibly a doctor. But I think I already knew that when this pic was posted earlier... :p

Is that sogood in the orange kit sitting down? I recognise the logo. I think Gus has been previously ID'd.
No, it's climbo. He's not posted for a year now.
Yes, it's the doc with the chainring tatt.

Crankyfeet said:
When's the bicycle racing season in Oz? Please excuse my ignorance.
Racing is all year round in the land of milk & honey:D
Locally, we have crits & track from nov-march & road april-september. I don't know why we don't have anything in October :confused:

Hey gus, make sure you haven't been invited to a wedding before you make any TAN commitments :eek: :D :D

Beeps, & you keep off the nest :p

Albert 50 said:
Hey gus, make sure you haven't been invited to a wedding before you make any TAN commitments :eek: :D :D
Done. :D

One of the practicalities that hasn't really come up yet, is what everyone will be doing if we do end up drinking a bit much.

I really do hope that the coasties all come out and play :D

Gusboh said:
Done. :D

One of the practicalities that hasn't really come up yet, is what everyone will be doing if we do end up drinking a bit much.

Party at beeb's place? :p :D

Albert 50 said:
Racing is all year round in the land of milk & honey:D
Locally, we have crits & track from nov-march & road april-september. I don't know why we don't have anything in October :confused:

Beeps, & you keep off the nest :p
October is 24hr mtb racing month.

I just threw out two single mattresses, a prince and a queen; one of those a mattress ;) , but yes there's still a spare room with a queen sized bed, a lounge with a sofa bed, a sofa, a dining room table, a couple of sleeping bags and lots of floor space, and plenty of bars, clubs, tittie bars and tat studios nearby.
Come one come all.
I'll even get the shortcourse urban cross course sorted out for your late night entertainment. There's still plenty of time to get the couriers and notsowankerish local roadies invited if yas so wish.
Nothing like improving the potential gene pool aye ms m?

Thylacine said:
Cheers mate! You want the 08 P-R? It's in French is the only downside, the upside is of course the commentators are fixated on 'Tombernan' and don't even notice when 'Ohgradee' goes off the front.
bien sur
I would Yes!
the French talking bit won't bother me
je parle un petit peu
did you get my address off the previous pm?

Hey Al, heard horror stories from rob Lyte about the Mangrove mountain part of the Century challenge - just how bad is that bit near Mangrove mountain are we talking longer and or steeper than the climb out of Mooney Mooney?

46kgToDate said:
bien sur
I would Yes!
the French talking bit won't bother me
je parle un petit peu
did you get my address off the previous pm?

Hey Al, heard horror stories from rob Lyte about the Mangrove mountain part of the Century challenge - just how bad is that bit near Mangrove mountain are we talking longer and or steeper than the climb out of Mooney Mooney?
No, there is nothing around that is worse than the climb out of Mooney, Peat's Ridge Rd has some up and down bits but nothing all that hairy.

matagi said:
No, there is nothing around that is worse than the climb out of Mooney, Peat's Ridge Rd has some up and down bits but nothing all that hairy.
Pauline Mooney, 1985... boy... was that a difficult relationship to climb out of. She wasn't all that hairy though.

matagi said:
Agree. Blood Hill is no steeper than Mooney & much shorter. Blood is after about 30ks, Mooney is about the 52k mark.

matagi said:
At least we can produce group photos to prove we rode together - this one from the first ever TAN ride (the boys tucking into my trademark carrot cake) just to jog your memory.
I seem to remember one of our many TAN rides earlier this year complete with group photo... and the sign Hitchy made especially for you.

flipper said:
I seem to remember one of our many TAN rides earlier this year complete with group photo... and the sign Hitchy made especially for you.
I seem to recall the "group" was somewhat lacking in TANners ..... most of them were ring-ins. :rolleyes:

The sign was cute, tho' :D

Speaking of signs .... I wonder how "my sign" at Tawonga Gap is faring these days - probably gone by now, I guess.

flipper said:
Only one way to find out :)
Not any time in the near future ..... although I foolishly committed myself to doing the AAC and buying Hitchy a beer at the end, so I guess I'll get to check it out then.

*of course, that assumes I get enough training time in between now and then to actually manage a distance of 20km let alone 200km!*

matagi said:
Not any time in the near future ..... although I foolishly committed myself to doing the AAC and buying Hitchy a beer at the end, so I guess I'll get to check it out then.

*of course, that assumes I get enough training time in between now and then to actually manage a distance of 20km let alone 200km!*

....did you think I'd forgotten?...get training woman! :D

Oi Jono, you doing the 3DT?....hopefully bring all your VIS mates?....we've opened it up to 'all comers' this year...even got permission from CSV (provided you've got a letter from your club)...come one, come all, for a 3 day smash fest! :D