The Thread about Nothing....

matagi said:
I wield a mean chef's knife - 15-inch blade for those who like to compare lengths. :D

15 inches!!!!....geez we'll have to start calling you 'Ma Holmes'! :D

Hitchy said:
15 inches!!!!....geez we'll have to start calling you 'Ma Holmes'! :D
My 15 inches turned into 22 inches today!! :eek: New monitor time.... It's like having a farken movie screen in front of you.:) hehe...time to hit the pr0n sites :D

classic1 said:
We need to save the 'martin jackson' thread.
When I read that about six months ago
I have never ever laughed so hard
that's probably why I keep looking at all this **** - the vain hope that one day I'll see something that's half as funny
"I can bring the power like Scotty"
and what about all those lame idiots who kept posting in and bagging him
Martin Jackson
if you are out there
for the love of Lance
please come back

In honour of the impending arrival of my new commuter steed, I did a recce of the likely route from home to work ...... now, I can go all day on the flat but put the slightest incline in my path and I die big time - any solutions to this problem, oh wise sages of the TAN? Just find a hill and ride up and down it ad infinitum? Or is there something else I should be doing?

matagi said:
In honour of the impending arrival of my new commuter steed, I did a recce of the likely route from home to work ...... now, I can go all day on the flat but put the slightest incline in my path and I die big time - any solutions to this problem, oh wise sages of the TAN? Just find a hill and ride up and down it ad infinitum? Or is there something else I should be doing?
yeah not much can do but practice riding hills. Maybe you could hire some excavation equipment and remove the hill.:rolleyes:

so, this forum gets another reprieve from its eventual death sentance :p

I thought it was gone this time for sure :)

matagi said:
$21.50 will get you a very nice bottle of wine, which, if you pace yourself, should last you 3 or 4 days. :D
I've only had red wine 3 or 4 times in my life, and each time, after only 2 or 3 glasses, I had an instant, shockin' fukn headache! :p And white makes feel a pretty sick, too :)

My 'most local' bottleshop has Hansa, Kozel, Krok, Dab, and a whole heap of other weird-**** eastern Euro beers, which is kinda odd, coz it's a pretty small shop. I'm having some Kozel Premium and Hansa Pills right now, so excuse me if I offend you :D

Jono L said:
Bah! For that price you could get 2 five litre casks, which, if you pace yourself, should last as long as the winnie blues:D
White wine? Blah!! :D When I used to go to Darbys (Caulfield) in the early '80s, girls could get free wine & orange juice! So, the 'trick' was to talk to a chick so she could get you a free drink. The stuff was farkn vile! I had many a hangover from that horrible ****. I still feel a bit squeamish if I cop so much as a wiff of white wine

531Aussie said:
so, this forum gets another reprieve from its eventual death sentance :p

I thought it was gone this time for sure :)
hmmm
so damn slow its hardly going at all

in fact I'm expecting this place to
jump the shark
any minute
either that or it'll be
cf the musical

matagi said:
Use mountain bike gearing? Walk the bike up the hill? Drive the uphill way, and bike commute the downhill way? Lose weight? Attach helium ballonns to the bike? Sell Tiger Tank and buy modern 1980's bike?... :p

matagi said:
Yep, the only way to get better riding hills is to . . . ride hills.

Hill repeats are a good thing.

I'm no climber though, so anyone who is might actually have additional insight.

531Aussie said:
I've only had red wine 3 or 4 times in my life, and each time, after only 2 or 3 glasses, I had an instant, shockin' fukn headache! :p And white makes feel a pretty sick, too :)
Well, I won't need to share my Grange with you then. :p :)