The Thread about Nothing....

Albert 50 said:
Well you have recently told 46 that there is nothing to steep along Peats Ridge Rd so may I suggest you start there :p
I don't think once a fortnight on Peats Ridge is going to cut it.

It's not that I can't get up hills - I can - it's just that I don't seem to be able to get any faster going up them. :(

matagi said:
I don't think once a fortnight on Peats Ridge is going to cut it.

It's not that I can't get up hills - I can - it's just that I don't seem to be able to get any faster going up them. :(
As I was told by a cycling trainer when I was training for an event, to get better climbing hills, find a nice-sized hill and do hill repeats, going up it 3 to 5 times, at least twice a week. You should get better with time if you work on it.

C'dale Girl said:
As I was told by a cycling trainer when I was training for an event, to get better climbing hills, find a nice-sized hill and do hill repeats, going up it 3 to 5 times, at least twice a week. You should get better with time if you work on it.

Anorexia is the answer...... Think like an Olsen twin, be an Olsen twin... you ARE an Olsen twin... now float up the hills!

gplama said:
Anorexia is the answer...... Think like an Olsen twin, be an Olsen twin... you ARE an Olsen twin... now float up the hills!
Huh, I haven't tried that one. And that sounds so much easier really. Well, except for a few crutches, like chocolate and wine . . . At least I could still have my Starbucks . . . they seem to always have one in their hands when photographed. Coffee must be the key to not eating.

C'dale Girl said:
Huh, I haven't tried that one. And that sounds so much easier really. Well, except for a few crutches, like chocolate and wine . . . At least I could still have my Starbucks . . . they seem to always have one in their hands when photographed. Coffee must be the key to not eating.
Yeah, just like Starchucks is the key to not drinking actual real coffee.

Ma, you want to get up hills quicker, just pedal faster.

There, simple. :D

531Aussie said:
yeah, talk about cracking down!! :eek:

methinks it's just a money grab!:D.....seriously, DQing the odd rider for crossing the line isn't unusual...but the whole grade? (unless of course they all did it!)....but good on 'em...suspect they were looking to make a point...crossing double white lines has been automatic DQ for sometime (used to be just a fine)...the leaders of both A & B grade at Coleraine were chucked out at various stages for doing it this year

http://petamullens.blogspot.com/2008...stage-1-2.html

LOLZ.

Scroll down and read the bit about Kathy Watt.
biggrin.gif

progress.gif

Albert 50 said:
OK, any geeks that can tell me what the little circulating comet thingy is :confused: or has the king got no clothes on :D
It's an animated gif. Right click on it and you can save it or copy it's location and use it elsewhere :)

progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif

62vette said:
It's an animated gif. Right click on it and you can save it or copy it's location and use it elsewhere :)

progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
progress.gif
It's from the blog site. It's an icon to signify loading (like the hour glass) that is a rip-off of the mac loading icon, which is circle made of rectangles.

They're trying to be cool with their site by using mac-like icons and graphics.

And they're wearing see-through panties :D

Albert 50 said:
OK, any geeks that can tell me what the little circulating comet thingy is :confused: or has the king got no clothes on :D
I posted this at Brians site as well. I may have picked up that weird thingo when I cut and pasted. Dunno. Techo stuff confuses me.