The Thread about Nothing....

Hitchy said:
...well it wouldn't be 'warm love' :D
or it could be " 'til i gain control again" cause there "Ain't nothing you can do".

Or

"Baby please don't go". I've got to, I've got a "fire in my belly"

There are so many puns.

Hitchy said:
...well it wouldn't be 'warm love' :D
Imagine you were there with someone new to the sport. 'and over there taking a dump by the car in front of everyone is former Olympic Champion....'. :rolleyes:

I've got enough 'date roll' rolled up inside my bars "In Case Of Emergency Remove Bar Plugs" :D

Yet to take advantage of it but it would sure beat the **** out of gum leaves :p

Albert 50 said:
I've got enough 'date roll' rolled up inside my bars "In Case Of Emergency Remove Bar Plugs" :D

Yet to take advantage of it but it would sure beat the **** out of gum leaves :p
I keep amphetimines in mine, just in case I blow up on the way home, or some farkin triathlete starts half wheeling me.

As for gum leaves, you are missing out on giving your blurter that nice eucalyptus smell.

classic1 said:
.....do you remember
we used to sing sha la la la la la la

You could actually have three different backing tracks. Brown Eyed Girl, Moondance, or in this specific instance Bright Side of the Road.:D
We shouldn't stop there. I think Van must have been inspired to write songs by Kathy in a premonition. For a Van Morrison Kathy Watts Tribute Compilation Album you could have:

It Fills You Up
Fire In The Belly
Take it Where you Find It
Do It
In The Forest
Brown Eyed Girl
Dweller On The Threshold
Chick-a-Boom
Slim Slow Slider
Heavy Connection
All The Bits
Don't Look Back
Got To Go Back
Moondance
Half As Much
I'm Not Feeling It Anymore
Alan Watts Blues (Alan must be her husband?)
Freaky If You Got This Far

:D

Crankyfeet said:
We shouldn't stop there. I think Van must have been inspired to write songs by Kathy in a premonition. For a Van Morrison Kathy Watts Tribute Compilation Album you could have:

Chick-a-Boom
It Fills You Up
Fire In The Belly
Take it Where you Find It
Do It
In The Forest
Brown Eyed Girl
Dweller On The Threshold
Slim Slow Slider
Heavy Connection
All The Bits
Don't Look Back
Got To Go Back
Moondance
Half As Much
I'm Not Feeling It Anymore
Alan Watts Blues (Alan must be her husband?)
Freaky If You Got This Far

:D

LOL

Gusboh said:
Anyone who knows anybody who was hurt or damaged in that incident tell them to PM me.

The Civil Liability Act that limits damages for Torts in NSW does not apply to an intentional tort which is what this road rage was.

That idiot can be sued and damages no matter how small will be awarded, plus legal costs.

The kicker is he/she is uninsured for those sorts of actions so it won't be paid by an insurer and must come out of their pocket.

A criminal penalty is one thing, and some dopey magistrate might let them off with a warning - that's happened before. Getting sued by 20 people or more might make a few motorists take notice.

Heck I'll do it for free!!!!

Only last week on my usual Satdee morning Eastern suburbs La Perouse ride some goose in green P's tried to "teach me a lesson" by pushing me out of the bike lane then near Centenniel Park some idiot red P driver blew her horn at my cycling companion because he had the temerity to use the road in front of her.

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!

46kgToDate said:
Anyone who knows anybody who was hurt or damaged in that incident tell them to PM me.

The Civil Liability Act that limits damages for Torts in NSW does not apply to an intentional tort which is what this road rage was.

That idiot can be sued and damages no matter how small will be awarded, plus legal costs.

The kicker is he/she is uninsured for those sorts of actions so it won't be paid by an insurer and must come out of their pocket.

A criminal penalty is one thing, and some dopey magistrate might let them off with a warning - that's happened before. Getting sued by 20 people or more might make a few motorists take notice.

Heck I'll do it for free!!!!

Only last week on my usual Satdee morning Eastern suburbs La Perouse ride some goose in green P's tried to "teach me a lesson" by pushing me out of the bike lane then near Centenniel Park some idiot red P driver blew her horn at my cycling companion because he had the temerity to use the road in front of her.

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!
woodduck over at TOP was on the ride. He has no damages claims, except those which would be covered by punitive damages, and as i understand it punitive damages don't exist in Aus. He might have names and numbers though...
You might want to try to get in touch with Ben Kersten, he seemed pretty fired up by the whole thing. I'm sure someone here knows someone, who knows someone.
Only problem i can see is that there is absolutely no way that a pelican like him will have enough money to cover 50k plus of bikes and another 50k in medical costs. How is that handled? Govt pays out straight away, and they take his wages/pounds of flesh?

Gusboh said:
woodduck over at TOP was on the ride. He has no damages claims, except those which would be covered by punitive damages, and as i understand it punitive damages don't exist in Aus. He might have names and numbers though...
You might want to try to get in touch with Ben Kersten, he seemed pretty fired up by the whole thing. I'm sure someone here knows someone, who knows someone.
Only problem i can see is that there is absolutely no way that a pelican like him will have enough money to cover 50k plus of bikes and another 50k in medical costs. How is that handled? Govt pays out straight away, and they take his wages/pounds of flesh?
No Gusboh I'm not talking about punitive damages, just ordinary damages. But
1. Punitive damages are available in australia and in NSW - they're just not covered by any insurance policy sold here and judges award it all the time
2. These are just ordinary damages for cost of replacement of damaged bike and parts, that is still available. Pain and suffering for bruises and cuts were taken away by the Civil Liability Act because ambulance chasers were putting in $2,000 claims against councils for people who stubbed their toes on curbs and making $8,000 in costs on those dodgy little claims. So the rule is now you have to be 15% of most extreme case before you get your pain and suffering. BUT s3B(1) excludes the CLA where the injury was intentional. What that driver did was intentional, so CLA doesn't apply and they can all bring pain and suffering claims and would all qualify for punitive damages if they can establish is was road rage, and heck it sure looks like it to me!

Re Pelican aspect. Pricks like that deserve to be bankrupted or have thier salary garnisheed or something, we need to send a message.

I AM STILL VERY CRANKY AT THAT *****

sorry for shouting

Where's TOP??

BF right?
"have you ever been harassed when riding"?
have posted there, calming down now

more law courses LOL
don't waste your time the whole law thing's a joke!

46kgToDate said:
BF right?
"have you ever been harassed when riding"?
have posted there, calming down now

more law courses LOL
don't waste your time the whole law thing's a joke!
Might be a joke - but an expensive one to get wrong :D

Woohoo...get home, open the letterbox.....& theres me latest "ride"....tear the plastic off, straight to the bike review section...what?...no 'Tigger'?....what gives Tigger?, they couldn't have hated it that much....could they?....oh, I forgot, Tigger doesn't live here anymore, he's over at Brian's 'seppo central'..ahh well

Hitchy said:
Woohoo...get home, open the letterbox.....& theres me latest "ride"....tear the plastic off, straight to the bike review section...what?...no 'Tigger'?....what gives Tigger?, they couldn't have hated it that much....could they?....oh, I forgot, Tigger doesn't live here anymore, he's over at Brian's 'seppo central'..ahh well
Was it meant to be in this issue?

I'm sure Thylo will be back eventually.