The Thread about Nothing....

matagi said:
How to clear a forum ...... dicuss the tube-bending properties of Thylo's ****! :p :eek:

Where is everyone? :confused:
I are here! No jig tonight; I might haffta get a bloody job!!

matagi said:
How to clear a forum ...... dicuss the tube-bending properties of Thylo's ****! :p :eek:

Where is everyone? :confused:
I've been trying for over a day now... and I'm damned if I can bend even a copper tube... :mad:

I finally got rid of my alu Scapin frame today (for the second time -- I swapped it for a Monoque/Tirandrun alu 'something' frame), so if anyone wants a cheap Scapin frame (56cm effective top tube), it's at Bicycle Recycle for fark-all $$$

Yeah, that's right, Para; I put your Easton wheels in all my bikes to take pics of them before I brang them back to ya :p

scapin_eastons_2.jpg

Crankyfeet said:
Geez... this is your reject bike?...
yep! :) Well, reject frame (I've kept all the components), and the wheels belong to Parawolf. The frame, fork and head-set is at Bicycle Recyle for about $600. It's made from Columbus Altec aluminium. The frame, totally bare (without the fork, headset, and all bolts, etc), weighs 1508g

Hitchy said:
You wish.....that guy is one of the best masters riders in the state....won this race a few years ago...I'd be tipping this is the result of a mechanical
Really? :) I towed him and a couple of his mates up to the finish line at Dunlop Rd a couple of months ago

I went the old "third is better than last" moto :D

Hitchy said:
IMGP9238.JPG
You wish.....that guy is one of the best masters riders in the state....won this race a few years ago...I'd be tipping this is the result of a mechanical
Really? :) I towed him and a couple of his mates up to the finish line at Dunlop Rd a couple of months ago

I went with the old "third is better than last" moto :D
Yey me!!! Rah!

531Aussie said:
yep! :) Well, reject frame (I've kept all the components), and the wheels belong to Parawolf. The frame, fork and head-set is at Bicycle Recyle for about $600. It's made from Columbus Altec aluminium. The frame, totally bare (without the fork, headset, and all bolts, etc), weighs 1508g
What's the weight of your new frame?

matagi said:
How about finishing that nutrition degree? :rolleyes:
hmmmm, there's an idea. :p

Is there any way of doing it without doing group assigments and 'presentations' with 18-yr-old dipshits? :)

Crankyfeet said:
What's the weight of your new frame?
I swapped it for one of these, brand new (frame and fork only -- full-carbon rear), and it's 1367g, totally bare (no bolts, no fork, nothin). 57cm effective

598-img1.jpg

531Aussie said:
hmmmm, there's an idea. :p

Is there any way of doing it without doing group assigments and 'presentations' with 18-yr-old dipshits? :)
C'mon! What's wrong with you? It's character building. :p :D

matagi said:
C'mon! What's wrong with you? It's character building. :p :D
yeah, maybe it 'was', but after 3 years of being the old, craggy guy at the back of the room, I was over it :)

....then there was the whole "how the fark do I live on a hundred bucks a week" thing.....:D.

At one stage I was so farkin broke, I used to slam my brakes on to pick up 10c on the road on the way to uni to pay for my 'one-a-day' capuccino

531Aussie said:
yeah, maybe it 'was', but after 3 years of being the old, craggy guy at the back of the room, I was over it :)
You're doing something wrong Nev, chicks dig older men :p ;)

531Aussie said:
....then there was the whole "how the fark do I live on a hundred bucks a week" thing......

At one stage I was so farkin broke, I used to slam my brakes on to pick up 10c on the road on the way to uni to pay for my 'one-a-day' capuccino
Excuses, excuses. :D

matagi said:
You're doing something wrong Nev, chicks dig older men :p ;)
not the 18-yr-old chicks I came in contact with, unfortunately. :)

I remember when I was about 18, anyone in their early 20s seemed so old to me that they might as well have been 50!! :p

531Aussie said:
not the 18-yr-old chicks I came in contact with, unfortunately. :)

I remember when I was about 18, anyone in their early 20s seemed so old to me that they might as well have been 50!! :p
You have to approach it with an open mind Ozman, otherwise it isn't going to work. 18-yr-olds are very good entertainment value, especially when you're well past 18 yourself. :)

It's very worrying that you're so cantankerous and set in your ways, you know. What will you be like when you hit 60? :D

matagi said:
You have.....
Yeah, I know, I've gotta get over it. The thing is, I was at uni when I when through the horrible transition of being (just) 'young and funky', to being 'an old guy'. One minute I was 33, and just 'funky' enough to have to odd young chick giggle at me, then, in a very short 2 years, I became the old, 'avoided' 35-yr-old at the back of the lecture theatre. It was ****** ****. :p Yeah, i know.....boo hoo :D

531Aussie said:
the old, 'avoided' 35-yr-old
Hey they'll be 53 when you are a still sprightly 70 yr old
cruising around on a bike that weighs under 2kg!
You're as old as you feel...
or the person you're feeling.

Nev... that bike is n-i-c-e. Enough to cure any mid-life crisis... :D

Just so you know the sort of shite that has to be dealt with in seppoland... here's a funny interview that cobblestone posted on FID that displays the hollywood know-nothing pricks who populate the TV politics here. It's scary how much power this country has and how lacking the young brash seppo neo-cons are in knowledge of world affairs despite their self-assuredness... :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0d8ENS__c&feature=related

531Aussie said:
Yeah, I know, I've gotta get over it. The thing is, I was at uni when I when through the horrible transition of being (just) 'young and funky', to being 'an old guy'. One minute I was 33, and just 'funky' enough to have to odd young chick giggle at me, then, in a very short 2 years, I became the old, 'avoided' 35-yr-old at the back of the lecture theatre. It was ****** ****. :p Yeah, i know.....boo hoo :D
Yeah, but now you'll be in the "interesting and experienced older guy" category ;) If you don't know how to take advantage of that, I wash my hands of you. :p

Anyways, uni courses are no longer exclusively populated by vacuous 18-yr-olds, there's a wide spread of ages these days.

And just to descend into "old-fartedness" myself ...... I'm watching Rage at the moment - WTF is it with all this girlie pop that's around at the moment? If it's not boybands singing like they've had their gonads removed, it's these simpering females trying their best to emulate nails on a blackboard. :(