The Thread about Nothing....

Crankyfeet said:
Nev... that bike is n-i-c-e. Enough to cure any mid-life crisis... :D

Just so you know the sort of shite that has to be dealt with in seppoland... here's a funny interview that cobblestone posted on FID that displays the hollywood know-nothing pricks who populate the TV politics here. It's scary how much power this country has and how lacking the young brash seppo neo-cons are in knowledge of world affairs despite their self-assuredness... :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK0d8ENS__c&feature=related
Who the **** is that loud stupid no nothing c*nt. He doesn't even know who Chamberlain is.

"When you're in a hole, stop digging"

Haha!

Who the **** actually believes that 9/11 was a result of lack of US militarism?

Robert Dunlop* died on Thursday. :(
Engine siezed at 160mph at the NW200

Bugger! :( :(

*Joey Dunlop's brother

flipper said:
Robert Dunlop* died on Thursday. :(
Engine siezed at 160mph at the NW200

Bugger! :( :(

*Joey Dunlop's brother
Sad news - not a lot you can do when your engine siezes. He and Joey had a pretty amazing string of wins between them at the TT and NW200.

Sad news and condolences to the Dunlop family. :(

What happens to your car when your engine seizes at 160mph? :confused:

Thylo - That stupid cnut is Kevin James who has his own conservative radio programme in Los Angeles (not to be confused with the comedian who stars in the TV show "The King of Queens"). He might suffer though as a result of that display.

Crankyfeet said:
What happens to your car when your engine seizes at 160mph? :confused:
You lock up the drivetrain, which means you are toast.

On a bike, which is what flipper was talking about, you lock up the rear wheel.

If you can get the clutch in fast enough and chuck it out of gear then you might recover.

I'll let someone with a touch more mechanical knowledge explain the wonderful wheel lock-up combinations which are possible with a car depending on whether you are front, rear or all-wheel-drive and whether or not you have a limited slip diff.

In a car the engine usually loses most of its compression before it siezes... and I 've never seen one sieze all of its cylinders so there wouldn't be any sudden lock-up and the power would drop away more gradually.

On GP motorcycles, you have to run the engines as lean as possible to maximise power... being 2 strokes with the fuel mixture lubricating the piston, it means you have to balance horsepower with mechanical failure.
It's bit of an art getting mixtures spot on, you can err on the side of caution, run a bit rich knowing you won't sieze but also won't have as good a top end or go for the power and risk it. We used to spend a fair bit of time doing plug chops.
Sometimes you can feel them nip up a bit and get a chance to pull the clutch but other times it happens so quickly, you have no chance of reacting.

flipper said:
On GP motorcycles, you have to run the engines as lean as possible to maximise power... being 2 strokes with the fuel mixture lubricating the piston, it means you have to balance horsepower with mechanical failure.
I've had this problem with my chain when on really good form. :p

flipper said:
... being 2 strokes with the fuel mixture lubricating the piston, it means you have to balance horsepower with mechanical failure.
blah blah blah..... knowing you won't sieze but also won't have as good a top end or go for the power and risk it.....blah, blah blah.... but other times it happens so quickly, you have no chance of reacting.

you sure you're talking about engines?...sounds more like my bedroom technique during advanced play 'hide the sausage'...I'm up to level 4! :D

Hitchy said:
you sure you're talking about engines?...sounds more like my bedroom technique during advanced play 'hide the sausage'...I'm up to level 4! :D
ROTFLMAO... :D

Classic - I think David Millar has your problem as well... :D

Hitchy said:
You've got a long way to go until you get to 11! :p :D

Is that an armadillo in your trousers or .......... :eek:

Yes, I've been watching Spinal Tap. :cool:

matagi said:
You've got a long way to until you get to 11! :p :D

So Hitchy's one of the two Vic TANners you've "seen"... :cool: :p

matagi said:
You've got a long way to go until you get to 11! :p :D

Hyuk hyuk. Me too. Damn that's a well written movie.
After it finished I flicked over to a few minutes of a Jon Bon Jovi masturbatory seppofied bio. In conjunction with the Force 11 hangover I'm currently enduring the effect was truly surreal or sublime or some other word that I actually amn't capable of pronouncing right now. I loved the earnest discussion about his philanthropic perfume release. Farkin hell.

bbp said:
Christ almighty. I just found the post I concocted at 3am this morning. I'm very grateful to the one working brain cell that mercifully died before I could press submit.
Bummer! Those are often your most entertaining posts! :p

You could post it anyway, but I guess you've deleted it.

matagi said:
Bummer! Those are often your most entertaining posts! :p
....just like my posts on Friday night: alcohol-effected and a bit 'revealing' :p

I've got a few beers right now, so please, everyone, keep that in mind for the next couple of hours. :D

By the way, BWS is still a ****n rip-off: I bought a 6-pack of 'cheap' Sol beer for $17, and the Coronas were sitting there for $21.50!!! Two of my local, small (non-drive-through) bottle-ohs sell Corona 6-packs for $17.50! How the fark does a big joint like BWS, with huge turnovers, justify such a price?!!

matagi said:
As a ****** "muso" guitar player ("you may play the 'banjo', Neville, but you are NO musician"*), the funniest bit for me in Spinal Tap was when Nigel cracked the ***** when his wireless guitar lead was picking up the air traffic control chatter when they did the gig in the Air Force hanger

* I reckon a gag in Seinfeld applies somewhat to me. :) When the foreign, gymnast chick says to Jerry: "You may tell jokes, Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian". Like, just because someone plays a guitar, doesn't necessarily mean they're a 'musician'. :) In other words, I baulk at ever referring to meself as a muso, even though that's how I makes me cash