The Thread about Nothing....

classic1 said:
No it doesn't. Craven used to promote it.
yea it does, the joke hinged on Jono sleeping with Trevorrow's wife, not the fact of a non-existent promoter tangent.

Now, you just console yourself with your loss to Carlton you joker :p

Jono L said:
You just gotta know when to be on the front, gives the illusion that you are actually doing something even if the results say otherwise.
kids today and their long socks -- I dunno!! Why don't ya just pull 'em right up to your knees? :)

classic1 said:
lol. Shame that race isn't on anymore. Good circuit, big fields.

What used to crack me up when I was racing was when you'd ride a crit or kermesse and there'd be the clowns who'd only attack past the start finish line in an attempt to impress the state selectors who were standing around.
they learnt from the best. Your avatar shows that.

parawolf said:
Given the forces that a fork undergoes in racing (particularly crits) I wouldn't want to go cheap on one...
:)
I could go with the aged-old argument that: "90% of forks come out of the same 3 factories in Taiwan anyway, so it makes no difference", but I won't :)

Anyhoo, 'irregardless', i probably won't use the fork , coz it's a little flexy for my big fat can, so I've put my trusty-old Columbus Link on the BH

I've got a few cheap-**** forks with aluminium steerers which I reckon are stronger than a lot of the fancy super-light forks. At about 580g, they'd wanna be :)

531Aussie said:
I could go with the aged-old argument that: "90% of forks come out of the same 3 factories in Taiwan anyway, so it makes no difference", but I won't :)

Anyhoo, 'irregardless', i probably won't use the fork , coz it's a little flexy for my big fat can, so I've put my trusty-old Columbus Link on the BH

I've got a few cheap-**** forks with aluminium steerers which I reckon are stronger than a lot of the fancy super-light forks. At about 580g, they'd wanna be :)

While they may come out of the same factory, it is the construction design of the forks that matters. Just using slabs of CF doesn't necessarily make it strong. Also the increased use of Unidirectional Fibre can make for different design decisions.

It isn't about the name on the fork, the factory it comes from or the fabric it is made from; it's all about the design and quality control in the process.

thunder said:
they learnt from the best. Your avatar shows that.
I got my endorsements to ride the Nationals as a junior and first year senior on merit, not through riding like a tool or being a suck-hole to state selectors.:rolleyes:

parawolf said:
While they may come out of the same factory, it is the construction design of the forks that matters. Just using slabs of CF doesn't necessarily make it strong. Also the increased use of Unidirectional Fibre can make for different design decisions.

It isn't about the name on the fork, the factory it comes from or the fabric it is made from; it's all about the design and quality control in the process.
fair enough. Actually, apart from that HASA fork which I'm not using, I haven't got any cheap full-carbons (I only use one full-carbon, which is a Columbus Carve), only a few ~600g-jobs with alu steerers

531Aussie said:
kids today and their long socks -- I dunno!! Why don't ya just pull 'em right up to your knees? :)
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the long sock look. :)

matagi said:
The worst thing Armstrong did was popularise long socks, and 'word' is he only did it so the Nike logo was more visible :)

he used to wear NO socks

001088032.jpg

531Aussie said:
The worst thing Armstrong did was popularise long socks, and 'word' is he only did it so the Nike logo was more visible :)

he used to wear NO socks
Is that because he stuffed them down the front of his swimmers? :p

matagi said:
Legitimising long black socks, knicks down almost to the knee, ghey yellow friendship bracelets, assisting in the oppression of poor yellow and brown people working in Nike sweatshops, Oprah, providing publicity to that **** actor Matthew McConnaghey, porking skanky underfed cokehag starlets.... I farkin hate that Texican Lance Armstrong. I don't care how fast he rode, he's still an ******** and looked like a cowboy.

531Aussie said:

he used to wear NO socks

001088032.jpg
fair to say
that qualifies as "ghey" eh classic?

thunder said:
fair to say
that qualifies as "ghey" eh classic?
ghey + infinity. Don't get me started on triathletes. Sluggo wearing, mechanically inept, dirty, dribbling, elbow steering spawn of Satan. Anyone who sticks food to their bike is a disgrace IMHO.

For more on my musings about elbow steerers, go here.

classic1 said:
ghey + infinity. Don't get me started on triathletes. Sluggo wearing, mechanically inept, dirty, dribbling, elbow steering spawn of Satan. Anyone who sticks food to their bike is a disgrace IMHO.

For more on my musings about elbow steerers, go here.
Gold

531Aussie said:

he used to wear NO socks

001088032.jpg
I dont think that is Mr Gunderson, or has Mrs Armstrong had more partners than hot dinners and no one knows who Lance's dad is.

classic1 said:
Legitimising long black socks, knicks down almost to the knee, ghey yellow friendship bracelets, assisting in the oppression of poor yellow and brown people working in Nike sweatshops, Oprah, providing publicity to that **** actor Matthew McConnaghey, porking skanky underfed cokehag starlets.... I farkin hate that Texican Lance Armstrong. I don't care how fast he rode, he's still an ******** and looked like a cowboy.
.....and focusing on one race, therefore helping undermine the status of all the other former 'big' races.....although I suppose Indurain was doing that before him

Hinault: "it's not right to compare Armstrong to previous Tour champions such as myself. If Merckx concentrated only on The Tour, he would've won it 15 times"

:)