The Thread about Nothing....

ed073 said:
Rik Verbrugghe too.

Can't do a victory salute the shoulder's so farked.
shame, he deserved to do one just after that crash a few years ago, when he lost it in a corner and was over the rails into a ditch. Very impressive

incidently, evans didnt know where he was for a moment today and the belgians on tv here seem to think hes alot worse off than anyone is admitting to. Also Boogerd was getting stuck into him on tv when he got the chance. Sympathy, lowlanders style.

oely said:
shame, he deserved to do one just after that crash a few years ago, when he lost it in a corner and was over the rails into a ditch. Very impressive

incidently, evans didnt know where he was for a moment today and the belgians on tv here seem to think hes alot worse off than anyone is admitting to. Also Boogerd was getting stuck into him on tv as well Sympathy, lowlander style.

Whispers about another collarbone?

Helmet was absolutely rooted, so I'm not surprised he could see Elvis for a bit...

ed073 said:
Whispers about another collarbone?

Helmet was absolutely rooted, so I'm not surprised he could see Elvis for a bit...
Watching the highlights on Fox this morning, he looked pretty ordinary getting into the team car at the end and that helmet had clearly taken quite an impact.

matagi said:
Watching the highlights on Fox this morning, he looked pretty ordinary getting into the team car at the end and that helmet had clearly taken quite an impact.

Piffed it to Rupert Guiness as a memento of head meets road.

oely said:

incidently, evans didnt know where he was for a moment today and the belgians on tv here seem to think hes alot worse off than anyone is admitting to. Also Boogerd was getting stuck into him on tv when he got the chance. Sympathy, lowlanders style.
Boogerd. LOL. He is the last person who should be getting stuck into someone for being a wheelsucker.

ed073 said:
there was footage of Guiness on tv here looking quietly chuffed, holding the helmet and explaining to the worlds press the bleeding obvious, that its broken.

the deadpan tv host here then said, Evans gave his helmet to some guy with really poor taste in shirts. haha

oely said:
there was footage of Guiness on tv here looking quietly chuffed, holding the helmet and explaining to the worlds press the bleeding obvious, that its broken.

the deadpan tv host here then said, Evans gave his helmet to some guy with really poor taste in shirts. haha

He looks like Rodney Dangerfield in those things.

classic1 said:
The stage was a bit of a false war. I suspect Evans struggled a bit after his fall (he missed a small split with Kirchen and was riding well back in the group) but looked a bit bettter at the top of the Aspin. Hopefully he is ok tomorrow. His team are rubbish IMO.

Ricco. LOL.

:rolleyes:
You're a hard man, Classic.

Well, Ricco has crashed already this tour and literally strolled off the front today for his second stage victory. Don't think Cadel ever did that as a 24yr old, so I say hats' off to the guy.

So many stupid crashes this year.

Thylacine said:
You're a hard man, Classic.
This guy is supposed to be hard too... Dunno about the jersey, Sheryl's?
CCLanceLeadville2.jpg

classic1 said:
The stage was a bit of a false war. I suspect Evans struggled a bit after his fall (he missed a small split with Kirchen and was riding well back in the group) but looked a bit bettter at the top of the Aspin. Hopefully he is ok tomorrow. His team are rubbish IMO.
Yes spot on. Vanhammeren is a workhorse but had a bad tour so far (unlucky). Poppedvich is the only guy capable of giving him any cover at all and even then its all too brief. Cadel had to fend for himself on a day when he shouldnt have had too.

Horner and Cadel seemed to like each other. Horner would of given more from his heart muscle than I think we will see from popobitch. Having said that I think all of lotto are holding back - they simply cant be this pathetic. They want to be strong next week IMO.

Valverde is just tooo relaxed. Either he has absolutely no respect for Evans or he has found new undetectable fairy dust.

IMO McEwen no longer belongs on a big squad. Particularly not one with GC contenders in GTs. He is an out and out champion but if he wants to keep racing its time for a smaller sqaud like Barloworld perhaps?

I cant help but think its Robbies purse that has ultimately seen Horner moved on and as predicted we see Cadel continue to be isolated at times which are clearly high risk to his GC aspirations.

IMO McEwen needs a rocket up the ****. Tonight. He needs to do some work on the flats for Cadel. Get on the front and give Vanhammerman et al a spell. Be bottle *****. I wonder what he is like in group dynamics. I hope his ego is driving hard for Cadel. I'm sure it is but I just dont see him doing the hard graft. If he cant contest realistically in the sprints then at some point he has to forget it and just work like a dog all day for Cadel (until road goes skyward).

I want to see some ****en heart muscle from silent(heart)lotto...

Sorry that quickly became a uneducated rant!!
redface.gif

ed073 said:
Rupert has Allan Peiper as DS of Gerolsteiner in today's SMH and has won the "Stevebaby" Award for accuracy in journalism.
Not.
:D

classic1 said:
Those big horrible plastic centre pull things from the 80's? A mate owned some. Ugliest brakes ever.
All alloy,zero plastic. So light I have to tie'em down or they float away.
Don't stop for **** like most brakes from that era but they look good and that's all that counts in the end.

stevebaby said:
All alloy,zero plastic. So light I have to tie'em down or they float away.
Don't stop for **** like most brakes from that era but they look good and that's all that counts in the end.
Brakes are one place were i'll happily add serious weight (and fugmo factor) if it means i'll actually stop. Big boy + bad breaks = death by ouchies.
Wheels, frame, stem, bars, saddle, seatpost, pedals, cranks and fork are other areas where i'm happy to add some porkage.
I'm sure Thylo will be with me on this one. Being the only one within 10kg of me :)

Geoff Vadar said:
He needs to do some work on the flats for Cadel. Get on the front and give Vanhammerman et al a spell. Be bottle *****. I wonder what he is like in group dynamics. I hope his ego is driving hard for Cadel. I'm sure it is but I just dont see him doing the hard graft. If he cant contest realistically in the sprints then at some point he has to forget it and just work like a dog all day for Cadel (until road goes skyward).
Yeh, and Amanda Vanstone will fly:rolleyes:

Thylacine said:
I've got my bike got my bike.........dun dundun dun........

Somebody make it stop.
*shudder*

Make note to NEVER EVER go to that crappy shop just to make a point

Geoff Vadar said:
Yes spot on. Vanhammeren is a workhorse but had a bad tour so far (unlucky). Poppedvich is the only guy capable of giving him any cover at all and even then its all too brief. Cadel had to fend for himself on a day when he shouldnt have had too.

Horner and Cadel seemed to like each other. Horner would of given more from his heart muscle than I think we will see from popobitch. Having said that I think all of lotto are holding back - they simply cant be this pathetic. They want to be strong next week IMO.

Valverde is just tooo relaxed. Either he has absolutely no respect for Evans or he has found new undetectable fairy dust.

IMO McEwen no longer belongs on a big squad. Particularly not one with GC contenders in GTs. He is an out and out champion but if he wants to keep racing its time for a smaller sqaud like Barloworld perhaps?

I cant help but think its Robbies purse that has ultimately seen Horner moved on and as predicted we see Cadel continue to be isolated at times which are clearly high risk to his GC aspirations.

IMO McEwen needs a rocket up the ****. Tonight. He needs to do some work on the flats for Cadel. Get on the front and give Vanhammerman et al a spell. Be bottle *****. I wonder what he is like in group dynamics. I hope his ego is driving hard for Cadel. I'm sure it is but I just dont see him doing the hard graft. If he cant contest realistically in the sprints then at some point he has to forget it and just work like a dog all day for Cadel (until road goes skyward).

I want to see some ****en heart muscle from silent(heart)lotto...

Sorry that quickly became a uneducated rant!!
redface.gif
i agree with all that.

Popo wont really bury himself for Evans, Horner would have for sure. I dont think Popo was ever really going to as well. More of a case that he had little options once Discovery was over. Cioni i think does put in extra, but hes limited now anyhow. Aerts also, they just arent strong enough for the bergs.

Incidently Mcewen has been willing to work for the team in recent years. relative to being a team leader and massive ego. You wont see Petacchi or Hushovd pulling at the front but in fairness to McEwen he has done it many times in the belgian classics season and in a stage race like Romandie or Tour de swiss, he has also put himself on the front. Forget which one of the two it was.

Gusboh said:
Brakes are one place were i'll happily add serious weight (and fugmo factor) if it means i'll actually stop. Big boy + bad breaks = death by ouchies.
Wheels, frame, stem, bars, saddle, seatpost, pedals, cranks and fork are other areas where i'm happy to add some porkage.
I'm sure Thylo will be with me on this one. Being the only one within 10kg of me :)
I dunno.....those old Modolo brakes sure are purdy. :eek:

Gusboh said:
When we do the TAN ride, you can test the stopping power of the brakes on my mixte (Paul's Moto Lite V-brakes), if you like - scary amounts of leverage and literally one finger required, and even then you almost do an endo if you pull them on a bee's **** too much.

Brakes are overrated. You want to spend $$$ on **** that makes you go faster, not slower.