The Thread about Nothing....

****** me dead! My local shop quoted me about $6.50 per spoke for some DT Aerolites!! And that was my 'special' mate's rates, cash price :p

531Aussie said:
I measured it quickly today, and the top-tube is either 57 or 56.5
Damn, thats a tad short. On 'modern' bikes I need a 59.5ish, but on older frames the top tubes tend to be short.

Guess I could slam the seat all the way back and run a 140mm stem and pretend I'm a wog. ;)

classic1 said:
Calling Campag 'Campy' is hella seppo **** ghey + infinity.
Classic is right. Calling, even worse, 'Campi' is as ghey as aids.

On a funny note,

Hey Classic, what's the only positive about being ghey?

and back to our regular programming....

TDF:
- I call Sastre 'over' if he doesn't move tonight.
- Cadel will sit and wait. again. Claiming soreness from yesterdays Estinky Eskimo stack.
- Ricco, while Italian, is growing on me. Takes balls to launch like that, even if they're small.

Lama's Holidays:
- Smashed a triathlete on the Eastlink path today. Stopped at a set of lights and had a yarn, nice guy. We then both got lost.
- Much lol at the Eastlink path sweeper getting stuck.. buy the road crossing gate things they've installed.
- I kickass at Mario Kart Wii.
- Sleeping in is the best training ever.

bbp said:
Right. It's time for bbp's TdF Week 1 highlights.
Nooooo! Broken Chimay glass! :D

As for geoff - this is where the name and sig come from... Click

Sock puppet for the grunter? I wouldn't have picked it.

Jono L said:
Classic is right. Calling, even worse, 'Campi' is as ghey as aids.
Oh man, i roffled, but i shouldn't have.

Jono L said:
Hey Classic, what's the only positive about being ghey?
HIV +

I'm bad.

I take that back. I'm very, very bad.

Thylacine said:
10 points for the La Chouffe!

Mine is sadly only a sixpack of this. If you can find it, get some (but don't drink it cold).
Nothing wrong with that. I quite like the spicy Summer ale too, even if you're a little worried that you're turning into a shandy drinker.
That Abbey Ale was a WA Malt Shovel Brewery number supposedly brewed in the New Norcia Monastery and was actually pretty darn good. I got a freebie but apparently it's expensive. Still I'd definitely say worth trying.

Gusboh said:
Sounds good. You shouldn't need them too much though, all the descents are pretty controlled and safe. Except the one that we rode up last time. That one ends up on a really dodgy piece of road with lots of rich bastards driving land yachts and not looking where they are going. Fun :D

Speaking of which, who is in for the TAN ride? It's got it all! Beer, boobs* and bikes... Can't get any better (for the ladies, the second 'B' can be "bums" :D [no **** connotations at all])

So far - ma, beebs, Merida, Myself.

Mr Ma?
Jock?
Al?
46 (65)?
Other CC'ers - relying on you jock and Al...
Lurkers?
I'm sure i'm forgetting someone.

Come on out everyone - it'll be a ripper.

*no guarantee on the boobs, but it is Sydney, so i'm pretty confident about there being some sorts out there.
what's the date again?

531Aussie said:
****** me dead! My local shop quoted me about $6.50 per spoke for some DT Aerolites!! And that was my 'special' mate's rates, cash price :p

You are getting ****ing reemed then... I paid ~$240 for 64 of the bastards to build my new wheels... Then again, i was spending about $7k with them...

Unfortunately, I need to get about 4 of 'em replaced though.. some have stretched and twisted up beyond fixing. They are holding tension now, but need replacing...