The Thread about Nothing....

Thylacine said:
So, back to the Tour. Assuming Cadel manages to hang in the hills over the next three days, which of the top ten could put time into him in the last ITT?

could, or likely too?.....Unlikely any of 'em can put significant time into cadel....the spaniards can't TT worth a zac...cadel put a minute or more into both Schleks over 29 km, so you'd reckon on that at least over 52 km...He can't afford to be to far behind anyone, but menchev & Vandevelde would be the biggest dangers. He lose the yellow, but should gain in back in the TT for a cruise into paris!

People are carrying on about Ricco. If he was capable of attacking and dropping them once Peipoli and Cobo had the gap he would have IMO. And F Schleck blew up in the end the other night. Plus someone should take the skinny cnut to McDonalds. Evans group was stop start, stop start.

Personnally, I'm really looking forward to the Italian stage and the other stage that goes over the Restefond. Spectacular.

Hitchy said:
could, or likely too?.....Unlikely any of 'em can put significant time into cadel....the spaniards can't TT worth a zac...cadel put a minute or more into both Schleks over 29 km, so you'd reckon on that at least over 52 km...He can't afford to be to far behind anyone, but menchev & Vandevelde would be the biggest dangers. He lose the yellow, but should gain in back in the TT for a cruise into paris!
yep

matagi said:
Nah, stick with the pepitas and linseeds - they have other benefits.
I reckon the laxative 'impact' of foods taper off a little bit if you eat them regularly. Like, if you have a whole can of beetroot out of the blue, it'll blow through ya like a pipe cleaner, but if beetroot is had everyday, the effect becomes less dramatic. Same with ground linseed, I reckon. So, my advice: rotate your laxatives, people :p

classic1 said:
People are carrying on about Ricco. If he was capable of attacking and dropping them once Peipoli and Cobo had the gap he would have IMO. And F Schleck blew up in the end the other night. Plus someone should take the skinny cnut to McDonalds. Evans group was stop start, stop start.

Personnally, I'm really looking forward to the Italian stage and the other stage that goes over the Restefond. Spectacular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp3Cs3tDuR8

roshea said:
He was clearly a better rider when he was a Team Disco boy. Like Lance's other mates - Landis, Hamilton, Heras, Joachim, Andreu, Beltran . . . ;)

was better @ Landbouw too. Nearly won the Giro as a neo prof.

531Aussie said:
I reckon the laxative 'impact' of foods taper off a little bit if you eat them regularly. Like, if you have a whole can of beetroot out of the blue, it'll blow through ya like a pipe cleaner, but if beetroot is had everyday, the effect becomes less dramatic. Same with ground linseed, I reckon. So, my advice: rotate your laxatives, people :p
Nah, unnecessary - insoluble fibre is insoluble fibre as far as the gut is concerned. You're not looking for a laxative effect as such, more of a faecal bulk effect to give the gut something to work on in order to promote peristalsis and mass movement. The only time you get habituation is with the stimulant laxatives like senna, etc. They lose their effectiveness with continued use and your gut can also become "lazy" so you need to keep taking laxatives and rotating them in order to get something approaching normal function.

If it comes out in 24 hours or less, you're fine.

BTW, for those interested in such matters, there's a thing on Catalyst (ABC, 8pm Thursday) about the human gastrointestinal tract.

hankey_flush.gif

Taners,

I just realised I haven't spammed you guys very much recently so here's your latest serve of num-num tasty Tiger Spam.

The new 2008 team gear just arrived and I have a few odds'n'sods left over. Mostly short-sleeve jerseys in average sizes, but if there is enough demand and I run out, I can easily and cheaply do another run now that I have an account with these guys.

Prices and related info is here.

If you pre-ordered, drop me an email reminder and I'll get your item/s out asap.

If you didn't order but are keen, let me know. Never know your luck in the big city, I might have some spares left.

Now back to our regular colonic programming........

531Aussie said:
I reckon the fact that diverticulitis even exist shows how totally farked up the English-speaking, western diet is.
Big Kevin Rudd doesn't eat his roughage eh? (he had that disease for those that don't know)

Yay me: :p

.......when I used to worked nights at the gym in the early '90s, I'd usually take in a bowl of veggies for dinner, and the first time I did it, all the staff stood around me and stared at it like I was a freak; they'd never seen so many veggies in one bowl for one person! :p

Ok, I mainly did it coz I was obsessed with my weight, but still.....:)

matagi said:
senna leaf.
I once had the senna stuff they sell in the supermarket, and blah!! I only had about a 1/4 of a teaspoon, and I felt a bit **** the next day, and shitted all afternoon. :p I was too scared to leave the house. I didn't even ride my bike that day

Gusboh said:
Big Kevin Rudd doesn't eat his roughage eh? (he had that disease for those that don't know)
Possibly. It's estimated that less than 10% of Aussie and Yanks eat the recommended daily servings on veg and fruit, so chances are he's one of them

531Aussie said:
Possibly. It's estimated that less than 10% of Aussie and Yanks eat the recommended daily servings on veg and fruit, so chances are he's one of them
That's pretty much all I do eat, so I'm guessing I'm safe.

I will say one thing though. We mostly feed our 1yr old on a vegetarian diet, but when he does eat meat, his nappy smells like something died. Which, I guess, did. :D

See Cadel go apeshit at the reporters poking his shoulder? I would have punched the fcukers in the mouth.

531Aussie sharing his bowel habits with the world said:
I once had the senna stuff they sell in the supermarket, and blah!! I only had about a 1/4 of a teaspoon, and I felt a bit **** the next day, and shitted all afternoon. :p I was too scared to leave the house. I didn't even ride my bike that day
Yeah that stuff can be pretty brutal.

OzMan said:
It's estimated that less than 10% of Aussie and Yanks eat the recommended daily servings on veg and fruit
It is true that a large number of people eat a highly refined diet and it shows. You should watch Catalyst tomorrow, apparently the doctor in this episode compares her intestinal transit time against that of a woman whose diet consists primarily of cheese and chocolate. They eat some labelled corn, I think, and the doc gets rid of hers within 24 hours whereas the other woman takes 4 days! :eek: Where's Gillian McKeith when you need her. :rolleyes:

On the subject of diverticular disease, there are some unfortunate individuals who are just predisposed to it even if they have eaten industrial quantities of fibre their entire lives.

Thylacine said:
That's pretty much all I do eat, so I'm guessing I'm safe.

I will say one thing though. We mostly feed our 1yr old on a vegetarian diet, but when he does eat meat, his nappy smells like something died. Which, I guess, did. :D
You've been lucky - in my experience a 1-year-old's nappy smells like something died regardless of what they've been eating. Every baby out there is a bioterrorist - that stuff is lethal, I tells ya! :p

EDIT: Given the current subject matter, can someone who isn't using AdBlocker tell me what sort of ads are coming up at the top of the page at the moment? :D