The Thread about Nothing....

Jono L said:
Ricco. GONE
I just got in and seriously thought you meant breakaway from the gun. But no.
I guess that still qualifies as fireworks. :mad:

Jocko said:
What? Where?

Ahh, all is revealed: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/200...ul08/jul17news4

Latest: All of S-D is goooorne
Interesting that they've done that when Liquigas and Barloworld are still there. Is there a subtext of the S-D team being directly implicated, or are they being careful smart and not risking ASO's wrath and next years participation in the race?

jock.c said:
I've finally figured something out...Without Expat this thread has turned into a bad episode of South Park. It just doesn't have the same flow anymore.

We need to kidnap Expat and the Aussie wench he stole from us and staple them to this thread.
You could always talk about 1980's road racing. That has great 'flow'.

:rolleyes::p

roshea said:
It's those damn Bianchis I tells ya! :eek:
If bikes could commit suicide those barloworld bianchis would. They are that ugly. I would put those crashes down to attempted bike suicide.

Thylacine said:
You could always talk about 1980's road racing. That has great 'flow'.

:rolleyes::p
You are indeed a sage young man Tigger.

The 80's were the pinnacle of racing. No drug scandals (despite the number of drugs being used), good racing (despite the animosity between some of the riders), and no UCI vs ASO.

Those were the days

jock.c said:
I've finally figured something out:

Every post seems to take on the life of a Datsun 120Y engine that's spent too much time hauling W bins (ask Ozman) from gig to gig. It'll tick over for a post or two, then cough a coupla times and die. Smoke optional.

"So what's the problem?" I hear you cry. Well it's simple really: Expat's not here. For a yank he had cynicism, satire and irony down pat. And he was usually very quick on the uptake.

Without Expat this thread has turned into a bad episode of South Park ("That's Ghey!", "No this is Ghey!", "Cnut, you're Ghey", "Fark you ********", etc.) It just doesn't have the same flow anymore.
Rubbish. I haven't used the word 'ghey' for at least 14 hours.

classic1 said:
Has anyone been reading in the GT forum how some of these clowns reckon Ricco will take 6 minutes in the Alps based on his stage win the other night? Did those nuffies actually watch the stage and note that once Ricco put the gap in that nobody at all chased on the climb and they were riding the climb 6 abreast across the road at times?:rolleyes:

Yeah fuggin oath!!! Dickeads! Everyone know's the boys is a once in a generation talent and could pull a locomotive up the freakin matterhorn if only they'd put a friggin towball on those ugly ass Scotts.

bbp said:
geez it's a beautiful looking stage
I've driven through that part of the world, not exactly where they are on the road at the moment, but nearby. Its not bad.

classic1 said:
I've driven through that part of the world, not exactly where they are on the road at the moment, but nearby. Its not bad.
Closest I got to there was Arles and Nimes, which I took a day or two away from the Tour to visit, and sadly missed Chiappucci's epic ride to Sestriere. Woops.

bbp said:
Closest I got to there was Arles and Nimes, which I took a day or two away from the Tour to visit, and sadly missed Chiappucci's epic ride to Sestriere. Woops.
Ricco gone!
O my prophetic soul!
he was too good to be true.
Agree, great stage near that river! And agree re Bianchi - death on wheels, more flats than any other bike!

bbp said:
We drove up from Barcelona and stayed at Sete, which isn't very far from where the stage finishes in Narbonne. The mountain terrain over the border was similar to what is on the TV now. Only really passed through the area though.

Those Skodas would be farkin useless in a stack. What were they thinking making it out of sand?

46kgToDate said:
Ricco gone!
O my prophetic soul!
Agree, great stage near that river! And agree re Bianchi - death on wheels, more flats than any other bike!
Simon Clarke was climbing with him in 2005 in giro del regioni.

46kgToDate said:
Ricco gone!
O my prophetic soul!
Here is my comment from a couple of days ago :D
classic1 said:
Ricco. LOL.

:rolleyes:

Robbie got himself boxed in. He looked for the easy ride. Chavenel hit out and got second. McEwen was right with him. Robbie sat there like a stale bottle of ****. got himself bozed in and got nothing.

classic1 said:
Robbie got himself boxed in. He looked for the easy ride. Chavenel hit out and got second. McEwen was right with him. Robbie sat there like a stale bottle of **** and got nothing.
Yeah I know. Well said. He had a split second to grab Chavenel but clearly wanted something better. Didnt get it.

If you watch Cavendish's second win you will see Robbie get clear but 20m back from him. They both stomp on the rest of the field at the same speed. Id love to see them go head to head tomorrow but unlikely.