The Thread about Nothing....

classic1 said:
Of course he is. GV looks up to me.

My preferred one is Poppedlollybaglungssoftcockovitch. bbp has one as well that is too vile for me to repeat.:rolleyes:
He should have worked better with Van SummensaidIshouldhelpcadeleren.

And Wim Vansevenminutesbackfromwheridebeanyusenant was disappointing a bit as well.

Mario Aeitthurts was spotted once...or twice.

Crankyfeet said:
And Wim Vansevenminutesbackfromwheridebeanyusenant was disappointing a bit as well.

How can you say that? Wim put in a sterling effort to take the Lanterne Rouge.

matagi said:
How can you say that? Wim put in a sterling effort to take the Lanterne Rouge.
The Red Lantern aint been awarded yet. Watch Eisel come in on the time cut off tomorrow...
wink.gif

Geoff Vadar said:
Yeah I agree with all that. I just didnt want to poke my head up too high around here cos if ya do Classic1 chops it off lol. (By the way do you know what is wrong with Classic1? He gave up calling seppos 'seppos'? Is he fully ghey now?)

I also wondered about Stage 17. I would of tried to put money in someone's pocket the night before. Probably Valverde was the **** for hire on that occasion. I would have offered anywhere up to 200,000 euro to set tempo up the last climb.

But having said that I sort of love how Cadel doesn't have a clue how to be a cnut. Robbie knows how to be a cnut but he had no way of being there when he needed a team-mate to muscle the other teams. Poppedoutthebackagainyoubitch didn't seem interested in riding with heart. That's usually a good time for a coach to employ Plan B - a hefty double fisted jumper punch in the bus...
dont know what team would have taken the money who had the cavalry.

Caisse would have been right, unless they double crossed him when Sastre was attacking, but then no 200thou Euro.

Money speaks more than patriotism in this case.

If Armstrong can bribe Verbrugghen with 500 US thousand, then so can Evans.

Crankyfeet said:
The Red Lantern aint been awarded yet. Watch Eisel come in on the time cut off tomorrow...
wink.gif
Nah, it's in the bag - there's an unspoken agreement that the holder of the Lanterne Rouge at the close of the penultimate stage remains unchallenged on the last stage. :p

Crankyfeet said:

no Cranky, I told you before.

Wim Vansevenant had a good ride, think the first mtn stage they defended the Tour, he was there late after the HC climb he got on the front.

The reason he won lantern rouges, is because he was a sprint team domestique.

That means, you ride autobus in the mtn passes. But, you never coast thru on the same time as Cavendish in the sprints, because you are pulling in the wind for the last 100km. You drop off with 20-10 km left, and get a 5 min deficit on the flat stages. No other riders in the autobus lose time on the bunch kick stages.

Come on Cranky

matagi said:
Nah, it's in the bag - there's an unspoken agreement that the holder of the Lanterne Rouge at the close of the penultimate stage remains unchallenged on the last stage. :p
Incorrect. In the 1979 Tour Gerhard Schoenbacher hid behind a tree on the last stage to 'win' the lantern rouge

thunder said:
no Cranky, I told you before.

Wim Vansevenant had a good ride, think the first mtn stage they defended the Tour, he was there late after the HC climb he got on the front.

The reason he won lantern rouges, is because he was a sprint team domestique.

That means, you ride autobus in the mtn passes. But, you never coast thru on the same time as Cavendish in the sprints, because you are pulling in the wind for the last 100km. You drop off with 20-10 km left, and get a 5 min deficit on the flat stages. No other riders in the autobus lose time on the bunch kick stages.

Come on Cranky
Sorry mate. I forgot you had huge posters of him on your bedroom wall at home.

Crankyfeet said:
Touchy touchy...Did I offend you... or your boyfriend Wim?...
tongue.gif
the thing about Sevie Vansevenant, he is near 38, but he always has the 23yo haircuts like Tom Boonen.

I think he will find retirement difficult on account of his haircut

thunder said:
the thing about Sevie Vansevenant, he is near 38, but he always has the 23yo haircuts like Tom Boonen.

I think he will find retirement difficult on account of his haircut
He's 37 this Christmas. He should retire with Rocket and they can hit the Belgian clubs together. That long stuff at the front is to hide a receding hairline by the looks of it.

220px-Wim_Vansevenant.jpg

Crankyfeet said:
He's 37 this Christmas. He should retire with Rocket and they can hit the Belgian clubs together. That long stuff at the front is to hide a receding hairline by the looks of it.

220px-Wim_Vansevenant.jpg
nah, he always has those faux mullets.

Sergeant is talking about building up the S-L team even more around Cadel for next year. He was disappointed with Popo of course.

Sounds like they want to keep Cadel... and if Evans was prepared to stay for this year's effort... and given that his TV displays may not have improved his market value much...it looks like he might be staying with Lotto.

Any thoughts oh thunderous one?

Crankyfeet said:
Sergeant is talking about building up the S-L team even more around Cadel for next year. He was disappointed with Popo of course.

Sounds like they want to keep Cadel... and if Evans was prepared to stay for this year's effort... and given that his TV displays may not have improved his market value much...it looks like he might be staying with Lotto.

Any thoughts oh thunderous one?
Popo, Vansevenant, Aerts and maybe Cioni wont be there next year. At the Tour.

They have some good young guys, Vandenbroeck, De Greef, and Lloyd.

Van Huffel may even ride the Tour.

De Greef wont next year, but Lloyd and Vandenbroeck will.

Dekker or Rogers will be brought in for Popo.

So, team will be

Hoste
Tjallingii
Vansummeren
Van Huffel
Lloyd
Vandenbroeck
Rogers
Evans

if they get both Dekker and Rogers, Evans could be more confident.