The Thread about Nothing....

oely said:
Tjallingi is going to Rabobank next year. To ride a very B program no doubt too.

i heard some question marks over Van Huffel on belgian tv the other night. Dunno what his contract is like but he's not happy. Perhaps a smaller belgian team, located near a Trappist brewery is the best option for him.
Van Huffel serial underachiever. Might be the duvals.

Could not be any worse than Aerts Brandt Cioni and Popo

cs124 said:
they need a higher calibre owner/manager than Redant and a DS with a higher education than Diploma of Turnip Cultivation from Kortijk TAFE.

That's gold.

Cadel has farked up his team IMO... now he's farked up this forum. The GT forum has now exposed to me that many of the "I hate Armstrong" brigade may be really hating Lance because of the way he talks in the media or the shape of his face. I always thought it was the lying, doping ****. We've got 26 year old ladies who ride a bike round the park on a Saturday explaining how Evans' tactics are all **** and that he doesn't attack because he is a snivelling whinging *****. You need to laugh at it or it would get you down.

I think if these cycling fans had their way... the TdF would be changed to 15 stages starting from the bottom of Alpe d'Huez and the like. Forget the time trial ****. And the flat stages. Because the climbing stages are the most fun to watch.. let's do away with the rest of cycling.

Crankyfeet said:
........The GT forum has now exposed to me that the "I hate Armstrong" brigade may be really hating Lance because of the way he talks in the media or the shape of his face. I always thought it was the lying, doping ****. We've got 26 year old ladies who ride a bike round the park on a Saturday explaining how Evans' tactics are all **** and that he doesn't attack because he is a snivelling whinging *****. You need to laugh at it or it would get you down.
Welcome to the internet! :rolleyes:

You want logical, reasoned discourse, go to uni and sign up for a philosopy class. What you have here is a snapshot of how humanity behaves when it has the illusion of anonymity. I'm sure some of the people on the GT forum would be total brainless arseholes in real life, but most of them would be fairly innocuous looking, middle-class "mice-on-the-treadmill-of-life" who wouldn't dream of behaving like that in a face-to-face encounter.

Crankyfeet said:
Cadel has farked up his team IMO... now he's farked up this forum. The GT forum has now exposed to me that the "I hate Armstrong" brigade may be really hating Lance because of the way he talks in the media or the shape of his face. I always thought it was the lying, doping ****. We've got 26 year old ladies who ride a bike round the park on a Saturday explaining how Evans' tactics are all **** and that he doesn't attack because he is a snivelling whinging *****. You need to laugh at it or it would get you down.

I think if these cycling fans had their way... the TdF would be changed to 15 stages starting from the bottom of Alpe d'Huez and the like. Forget the time trial ****. And the flat stages. Because the climbing stages are the most fun to watch.. let's do away with the rest of cycling.
Now you know one of the reasons why some of my recent postings there have been rather ......to the point.:rolleyes:

captain-hyperbole.jpg

Oh no a girl wants to have an opinion on the Tour. Who cares if its wildly off the mark. Ive watched a few people try to position themselves as 'above the fray' for a while now and I find it quite humourus. While some come to enjoy some nonsense and light hearted banter others appear to come to solidify their own perception of themselves as intellectual giants. Whatever. Both are fine in my book. But dont be naive enough to think your perception of how the internet (or forum) 'should be' (and the way in which YOU choose to conduct YOURSELF) is in anyway more valuable or worthy than someone elses. Cant stand elitist ****.

Less captain serious and more captain anything goes. The forum seems ok and always goes wacky in July.

Gusboh said:
That was mine.
Can't have beebs being blamed for my stupidity.
I couldn't believe that ride. I would have put houses on Cadel being within 20 seconds either way.
Gusboh not bbp said:
sastre is doping.
You can have that one back too. ;) After browsing a few of the GT forum threads here I don't want to come across like some of those 'he's doping' obsessed blokes. I've haven't heard or seen any evidence about Sastre doping and I'd rather appreciate what I know he has done, namely win the biggest prize in cycling. Well done bloke.

Geoff Vadar said:
captain-hyperbole.jpg

Oh no a girl wants to have an opinion on the Tour. Who cares if its wildly off the mark. Ive watched a few people try to position themselves as 'above the fray' for a while now and I find it quite humourus. While some come to enjoy some nonsense and light hearted banter others appear to come to solidify their own perception of themselves as intellectual giants. Whatever. Both are fine in my book. But dont be naive enough to think your perception of how the internet (or forum) 'should be' (and the way in which YOU choose to conduct YOURSELF) is in anyway more valuable or worthy than someone elses. Cant stand elitist ****.

Less captain serious and more captain anything goes. The forum seems ok and always goes wacky in July.
Oh..the irony. **** off you elitist dicknuckle....
biggrin.gif

has Evans got the hottest missus amongst the Aussies?
She's farkin or-right, mate.
French? Ooo er

What about the other pros?

Crankyfeet said:
Oh..the irony.
LOL. That's right, GV has never ever called out some monger on the interweb about a stupid opinion. :p

Vadar does have a point, but if you are going to express an opinion at least base it on some semblence of evidence. If you take a position on something take one thats defensible. If you take a position based on nothing expect to cop it IMO.

Yes I should add that whilst elitist **** is bad it is ofcourse entirely OK when I do it. Some say if you keep digging you can reach China...