The Thread about Nothing....

531Aussie said:
is she tall? :( :) Boo! I thought she was a cutie shorty
Well most references I found on my not very thorough google search had her at 5'5" but there was one that put her at 5'3", so I it's up to you which one you believe.

Crankyfeet said:
You know what. Now that classic is not the *****... I don't really give a fark.
I'm still a *****, just not the ***** you thought I was.

Crankyfeet said:
We're so far behind in our delayed coverage here in the leading nation of the free universe that we got the ladies' bumnastics floor exercise going on... and I'm not sure if it's Beijing or Athens?
Just did a little proofreading here... :D

matagi said:
Well most references I found on my not very thorough google search had her at 5'5" but there was one that put her at 5'3", so I it's up to you which one you believe.
I think she's 5'5" when she wears that cowgirl hat and sings... "I'm a little bit country..."

Thylacine said:
These olympics have me confused. I thought we were good at swimming and cycling.

Well we're farkin not!....I'm off the bandwagon!...gettin' me a '470'...wattever the fark that is?...appears to be boat small enough to fit in me spa & ya gotta be 5 ft 2 & weigh 45 kg to race it...gimme some sailing terms?, the only ones I know is 'ARRRR, pieces of eight' & 'yo ho ho & a kick up the bum'....do they have pedals?

Hitchy said:
Well we're farkin not!....I'm off the bandwagon!...gettin' me a '470'...wattever the fark that is?...appears to be boat small enough to fit in me spa & ya gotta be 5 ft 2 & weigh 45 kg to race it...gimme some sailing terms?, the only ones I know is 'ARRRR, pieces of eight' & 'yo ho ho & a kick up the bum'....do they have pedals?
Try these for starters ..... spinnaker, jib, sheet, halyard, main, reef, vang, tiller, rudder, helm, beat, reach

And the most important phrase is "dump the ****ing main!" which needs to be screamed at the top of the voice just before you lose all steering control :D ;) :p

matagi said:
Try these for starters ..... spinnaker, jib, sheet, halyard, main, reef, vang, tiller, rudder, helm, beat, reach

And the most important phrase is "dump the ****ing main!" which needs to be screamed at the top of the voice just before you lose all steering control :D ;) :p

Ah, Ok, appears to have some similarities....*jib* is a bloke that won't take his turn on the front, *sheet* gets yelled loudly when one realizes said 'Jib' is not taking a turn, *halyard* is any yard having to be ridden at a gradient of more than 13%, *reef* spelt backward is the feeling of descending macedon at 95kph & suddenly realizing it's wet & you left the carbon pads on your alu rims, *rudder* spelt backward is the colour in the cheeks when climbing halyards & *helm* is whats left of me your 'lid' after you hit a tree at 50kph.....cool, I've just about got it down pat...now, do ya get to wear cool shades & does Zipp make dimpled hulls? :D

matagi said:
a lot of them Septics in showboz lie about their height :)

Hitchy said:
Ah, Ok, appears to have some similarities....*jib* is a bloke that won't take his turn on the front, *sheet* gets yelled loudly when one realizes said 'Jib' is not taking a turn, *halyard* is any yard having to be ridden at a gradient of more than 13%, *reef* spelt backward is the feeling of descending macedon at 95kph & suddenly realizing it's wet & you left the carbon pads on your alu rims, *rudder* spelt backward is the colour in the cheeks when climbing halyards & *helm* is whats left of me your 'lid' after you hit a tree at 50kph.....cool, I've just about got it down pat...now, do ya get to wear cool shades & does Zipp make dimpled hulls? :D
Roflmfao...
biggrin.gif

another "is it just me".......:)

Is it just me, or is the trihardletes who ride on their aero bars whilst in the bunch just about the dumbest thing you'd see on a bike?

:)

531Aussie said:

Is it just me, or is the trihardletes who ride on their aero bars whilst in the bunch just about the dumbest thing you'd see on a bike?

C'mon Nev, it's much for fun for the viewers with 'em doing that, cos if/when they clip a wheel, they have no chance of staying upright! :D....I thought they weren't allowed to draft anyway?...now THAT'S retarded

Hitchy said:
C'mon Nev, it's much for fun for the viewers with 'em doing that, cos if/when they clip a wheel, they have no chance of staying upright! :D....I thought they weren't allowed to draft anyway?...now THAT'S retarded
HA! They should just pad them up like the Japanese Keirin riders and let them smash all over the place.

Yeah, the drafting is a bit of a joke! Apparently they did it coz the popularity of triathlons totally bombed after the initial boom, so they had to make the finishes close to generate more interest, which I guess it has.

It was funny today: there was a three-man break on the bikes, but one guy wouldn't work, so, as you'd expect, the other 2 blokes got the ***** with him. :)

I think there are other non-drafting races.

531Aussie said:
HA! They should just pad them up like the Japanese Keirin riders and let them smash all over the place.

yeah...something like 'Rollerball' but on pushbikes!....now THAT would rate on the telly!

531Aussie said:

Nope, the dumbest thing is when they try to turn a corner.

I must confess, I can't be too hard on the wankers. Some are pretty mean on the bike....as long as you don't go too close. The bunch I grew up with as a teenager didn't know how to ride under 45kph, which was ace coz we all just sat on until they imploded.

531Aussie said:
I didn't know 'Mr Hillman' died. He was 88
Who?

I'm not sure I've seen anything more ridiculous than table-tennis pairs - where are the triathletes? :(

At least they have nicer bodies. :p

matagi said:
Who?

I'm not sure I've seen anything more ridiculous than table-tennis pairs - where are the triathletes? :(

At least they have nicer bodies. :p
Forget it Ma, yet another sheep shagger medal :p

Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons allow drafting, but ironman and half ironman distances are no-draft events. I guess it's too hard to keep the cyclists apart when they all come out of the water in a massive bunch.