The Thread about Nothing....

Geoff Vadar said:
I was working like a dog and missed it (what a shame). Did I miss anything good? Did they roll in the army tanks with cheap little hookers pole dancing on the turrets? Or they could of just filled the stadium with 100,000 chinese children, blind folded them, taped their mouths closed and told them to spin around 5 times. Its all about symbolism isnt it?
The best bit about the closing ceremony was Jimmy Page.

They rolled him out to symbolise that its ok to take drugs and root 15yo girls.

gplama said:
closing ceremony:
]
firstly, I wanna make it clear that I didn't watch it. :) I have 2 tvs next to each other, one of which has a split screen option, so I had the ceremony on one of my three screens with the sound off while I was watching The Footy Show on tape, but.....

the first hour of that ceremony was the worst piece of ****-****ing **** **** you'd ever wanna see! :)

What the fark was going on??? Talk about fruity ghey tosh

531Aussie said:
firstly, I wanna make it clear that I didn't watch it. :) I have 2 tvs next to each other, one of which has a split screen option, so I had the ceremony on one of my three screens with the sound off while I watching The Footy Show on tape, but.....

the first hour of that ceremony was the worst piece of ****-****ing **** **** you'd ever wanna see! :)
muhahahaha

gplama said:
Spotted these in the closing ceremony:
That was the other thing from the closing ceremony, that Pomgolian Lord Mayor of London, Boris Johnson. It was really sensitive of Londoners to vote for a bloke who is obviously retarded. I'm guessing they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

uselessidiot.jpg
_41082141_boris1_ok.jpg

boris_johnson.jpg

boris.jpg
BorisJohnsonPA_468x323.jpg

classic1 said:
That was the other thing from the closing ceremony, that Pomgolian Lord Mayor of London, Boris Johnson. It was really sensitive of Londoners to vote for a bloke who is obviously retarded. I'm guessing they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

*lots of really scary photographs deleted*
All I can say is ...... WHAT THE **** WAS THAT??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

531Aussie said:
When did the 50mm Dura-Ace carbon clinchers (with the alu braking surface) come out?

I want some :)

About 12 months... PBK have been carrying 'em for some time (not sure about stock levels though).

So, before being swooped today I didn't really care much for Magpies since last season. They ate worms, I rode my bike. There was a llama-human-bird understanding that we'd each do our own thing.

Until today.

Riding the short way past the local primary school near work at 8:30am, trying not to look sideways and be pinged as a creepy pedo... I get a thwack on the head. Farking Magpie vs me.. before spring has sprung. This isn't on you little bastards. The irony(?) being is that before the swoop I didn't care for the little magpies being raised in a nearby tree... but now.... I WANT TO STAB those BABY MAGPIES IN THE EYES and CRUSH their beak-scull-things with my Blundstone boots.

Malcolm Turnbull documentary, hey?
Well you certainly can't accuse the ABC of bias on that one. I mean, assuming he doesn't chuck a Kernot, I certainly hope he's dead before the Liberals get back in power.

matagi said:
All I can say is ...... WHAT THE **** WAS THAT??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
That is the Lord Mayor of London. Like I said, its simply marvellous that poms are willing to vote for the less fortunate. As further evidence I submit this, or if you can be arsed watching him in action, this. The bloke is a dead-set monger and demonstrates why the upper-classes in the UK should all be hunted down and killed.

parawolf said:
About 12 months... PBK have been carrying 'em for some time (not sure about stock levels though).
thanks. I dunno how I missed them. Maybe I saw them a while ago, and seeing the stupid, so-called "rec retail" prices they put in both Ride mag and Bicycling Australia mag, I probably thought they were out of my reach

Did you consider getting some?

531Aussie said:
thanks. I dunno how I missed them. Maybe I saw them a while ago, and seeing the stupid, so-called "rec retail" prices they put in both Ride mag and Bicycling Australia mag, I probably thought they were out of my reach

Did you consider getting some?

The Carbon50 Clinchers weren't on the market when i got my Zipp 404's. I was tossing up between the Shimano 7801 Carbon50 Tubulars or the 404's. I went the 404's.

The new ones are the 7850 Carbon50's, would I get 'em? hmmm dunno (considering i've got the Zipps). I like the tubulars for racing on... soooo smooooth.

parawolf said:
The Carbon50....
hmm, I see. Do you know if Hitchy likes his? He got teh 50mm Shimano singles, right? Have you been racing? How are your Zipps going?

Is it too soon to fire up the lawnmower and slash some tall poppies? I know its not her fault for being in the media every 24 seconds but I am OVER Sunflower Rice. Champion athlete but get her off already. I dont really care if she got bent over sideways out the back of some club in Beijing.

Also I think other countries were smarter than Australia. They sent their best men and their hottest women. Our men got smashed in just about every sport (rowing and hockey are ghey) and our chicks looked rank compared to just about everyone elses.

Did anyone watch Sunrise this morning? They covered the arrival of the planes bringing the athletes back from China.

I have never seen such an over-the-top, vomit inducing display. To make matters worse, they not only had the PM making some nauseating speech, but some idiot decided it would be a good idea to let the leader of the opposition in on the act.

Brendan Nelson is the local equivalent of Boris Johnson.

Geoff Vadar said:
Is it too soon to fire up the lawnmower and slash some tall poppies? I know its not her fault for being in the media every 24 seconds but I am OVER Sunflower Rice. Champion athlete but get her off already. I dont really care if she got bent over sideways out the back of some club in Beijing.
Stiffenme Rice is hot. You'd care bigtime if it was you bending her over the car bonnet performing culturally apt activities such as the famous chinese manouvere 'pounding the opening soggy cherry blossom' or the western decadent 'running capitialist inperialist doggy' out the back of the 'Golden Cherry' nightclub in Peking.

Geoff Vadar said:
Also I think other countries were smarter than Australia. They sent their best men and their hottest women. Our men got smashed in just about every sport (rowing and hockey are ghey) and our chicks looked rank compared to just about everyone elses.
+1. Where do they find so many shielas with mashed faces (chick hockey players and Stiffenmyknob Rice excluded)? Even our beach volleyballers were ordinary.

matagi said:
Did anyone watch Sunrise this morning? They covered the arrival of the planes bringing the athletes back from China.

I have never seen such an over-the-top, vomit inducing display. To make matters worse, they not only had the PM making some nauseating speech, but some idiot decided it would be a good idea to let the leader of the opposition in on the act.

Brendan Nelson is the local equivalent of Boris Johnson.
Why do you keep doing these things to yourself? Surely there are cartoons on or the wog news on SBS or something?

classic1 said:
Why do you keep doing these things to yourself? Surely there are cartoons on or the wog news on SBS or something?
Yeah but my brain is only capable of handling mindless rubbish at that hour of the morning - at least until the caffeine kicks in. :p