The Thread about Nothing....

bbp said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorsport/stoner-a-highspeeddrug-pusher/2008/08/28/1219516664882.html
ASH should get the gubmint to make him change his name while they're at it too. It's definitely a bad example for the kiddies.

What a load of ****. Anti-smoking group pah.... I don't like the idea they have to promote not doing something.... why not just ignore the issue? Works for me, my lungs are clear...

Imagine every day waking up and fighting the 'good' fight against something you're against.... then at the end of the day all you've dealt with is the issue you hate - ie in this case smoking, tobacco companies, etc. Then you die of a stress related issue.

gplama said:
What a load of ****. Anti-smoking group pah.... I don't like the idea they have to promote not doing something.... why not just ignore the issue? Works for me, my lungs are clear...

Imagine every day waking up and fighting the 'good' fight against something you're against.... then at the end of the day all you've dealt with is the issue you hate - ie in this case smoking, tobacco companies, etc. Then you die of a stress related issue.
Yeah. It can drive you to smoking. Some of them anit-smokers should just light up and relax IMO.

Thylacine said:
Looks like my profile hasn't been stalked coz I dun got no prezentz from yall.
Hmmm what do you get a man who has everything? Pot Plant...I'll drop it off tonight. Ive called kathy watt's shop and asked her to sign it for ya but she said **** off over the phone. But I reckon if I just drop in and show it to her first hand so she can see the sheer quality of the workmanship she might still sign it '***** and giggles love Kathy'. See how we go. Carey's a grumpy cnut though so I may not get past him.

matagi said:
The answer to stopping kids smoking is easy ...... ban tobacco.

yeah that'll work...not!!

prohibition of ANYTHING never works, especially for the young...telling kids they CAN'T do something is a sure fire way to get them do it!. You need a more rounded view of the world Ma instead of living in DINKS 'ville...bout time you had some kids...tell Mr. M 'practicing' is over, it's the real deal from now on! :D

Still......if smokes were only available on the black market, there wouldn't be too many 13-yr-olds forking out 50 bucks twice a week for a pack of Ardaths :D

Come to think of it, prohibition would obviously make a lot of crooks rich, but I reckon the smoking numbers would plummet (even amongst 'sensible' adults) if the price of a pack of fags doubled or tripled, especially if they had to buy them in a dodgey laneway in Sunshine off a couple of guys named Moose and Rocco :)

I have to share this I think its **** funny!
biggrin.gif

531Aussie said:
Still......if smokes were only available on the black market, there wouldn't be too many 13-yr-olds forking out 50 bucks twice a week for a pack of Ardaths :D

Come to think of it, prohibition would obviously make a lot of crooks rich, but I reckon the smoking numbers would plummet (even amongst 'sensible' adults) if the price of a pack of fags doubled or tripled, especially if they had to buy them in a dodgey laneway in Sunshine off a couple of guys named Moose and Rocco :)
:p Nah we'd just go to Bali more often or get Torpedo7 to add em to our order like I do when I choose which pizzeria to get delivery from, based on whether I also need beer from the bottleo next door or not.

Hitchy said:
yeah that'll work...not!!

prohibition of ANYTHING never works, especially for the young...telling kids they CAN'T do something is a sure fire way to get them do it!. You need a more rounded view of the world Ma instead of living in DINKS 'ville...bout time you had some kids...tell Mr. M 'practicing' is over, it's the real deal from now on! :D
When I said ban tobacco, I meant across the board as in no growing , importing or selling of the stuff. Although it was meant in a semi-sarcastic "the answer's obvious but they'll never do it" kind of vein. Sorry, forgot the rolleyes smiley. :rolleyes:

Geoff Vadar said:
Hmmm what do you get a man who has everything? Pot Plant
That reminds me of my first trip to Europe. I got a KLM flight to Amsterdam which included two nights stay at a hotel at Schiphol, which sounds like it should translate as shithole but apparently means airport, but I'm digressing again; so I had a night out in Amsterdam and despite it only being a 15min train ride back to Schiphol managed to succumb to um, jetlag and fall asleep on the train before I got there.
I woke up at godknows what hour of the night on a dead train in a train station in farkin Belgium FFS. And could I find an unlocked toilet? Um, no. So I um, fertilised a tree in the park outside. And waited for Europe to wake up so I could get back on a train north and keep my appointment with a very nice old bike builder in the boonies of Holland the next morning.
Just call me Kathy. As much as I truly endeavoured not to be, at that moment I was yet another yobbo unleashed on Europe.

Thylacine said:
Fixed.

Which Dutch framebuilder did you visit?
Caseyed, thankyou very much.

I can't remember, oddly enough. He wasn't a wellknown name here but a couple of Amsterdam shops pointed me to him. I remember it was an ordeal to get there, a shedbased operation in a small town about 50km southwest of Amsterdam, and despite the fact he was great and I really valued the effort and his wisdom, I thought it was a tad expensive so I decided to continue my jaunt through Europe and planned to end up at Treviso and buy from the Pinarello factory as I'd fantasised previously for not that much more money.
Of course as I've mentioned before plans went awry and I never did end up getting that dream bike I'd expected to buy and travel on in Italy, and home with; and the lowly Diamondback mtb I ended up with was happily forsaken in London.

Actually I never did inhale in Europe. It was actually jetlag. I was virginal as the driven Christian snow at the time. The one time I'd tried it previously in SA I'd ended up left for dead vomiting bile on a sandhill, so I steered clear of it for a long while after. There ya go. That's my wisdom for the kiddies done for the day.

I just had a quick look for Dutch frame builders on Classic Rendezvous and saw these in the "rarest of rare" section

Enjoy and marvel: :p.......

PMPfiniL.jpg

Geoff Vadar said:
Anyone see these on cyclingnews? 500 euro for some velcro straps.

Thank you very much!!!
eek.gif

"Dirt Repellent" though. Bonus.
I've had a gander at them at this blokes shop
http://www.cyclefitcentre.com/Newsletters/Newsletter August 2008.pdf
mmm bier
and they actually are amazing shoes, featherlight, custom fitted carbon footbed etc, and also believe it or not, much cheaper here. I vaguely recall they're Aussie made?
I'm not shelling out for them though.

This is what happens when crusty old cycling ***** think they're the first to discover Photoshop.