The Thread about Nothing....

Did these people learn nothing from the unfortunate Polish cycling team?

080913_G2C_665.jpg

62vette said:
semi-ghey, only fully "hello vicar" ghey when worn with matching coloured bibs, jersey, socks, gloves and cap.
I'm comfortable enuff with my sexuality to wear them. Unfortunately I am not comfortable enough in the wallet to afford them.

bbp said:
Nice. Somehow I missed that pub when I was up there last year. How long were you up there? Did you duck across for a swim at Berry Springs? Run across any of the Darwin roadie bunch rides?
One week, could have managed another couple of days off as it turned out. Never had a swim at all actually, seems silly when you consider a minimum temp of 25 at night & 32 / 36 day maximums.
Roadie bunches, didn't see any more than 1 rider at a time going in the opposite direction. I suppose you gotta expect it when the earliest I started was 7.15 & 8.15. Plenty of commuters on mountain bikes riding on the shared paths that are beside most of the arterial roads. Good cycling infrastructure in that regard. The paths are posted 20kph max which I reckon is fair enough.
Flat, bloody flat!! I could get by with a 19. I carry a 27 'round here.
The Humpty Doo ride was 51ks there & 41ks back via a different route, so in 92ks, total climbing was 313m with a variation of 40m highest to lowest. I had to do a bikely for those stats 'cause I left my computer at home :eek:

My next annual holiday in Sep 09 will be a week near Moorabbin in Vic so there better be a coupla hills down that way.

Albert 50 said:
My next annual holiday in Sep 09 will be a week near Moorabbin in Vic so there better be a coupla hills down that way.
Ha cool thats Bartos territory. He will show you around I'm sure. (Well I dont have a clue but he might!). I fly through Moreabo some mornings - its quiet as all fark about 5am. Just how I like it. Arthurs seat isnt too far from there and is an ok little climb. Otherwise you could grow a pair and head up to donna buang in the hills which I like.

I did like the roads Classic1 told me about especially Dumbalk/Mardan/Thorpdale areas but its too dangerous between Warragul and Korrumburra IMO plus its about a farken 200km round trip for me!! And I got lonely. And lost.

Lots of Indians learn how to fly planes at Moreabo. Needless to say they have a habit of falling out of the sky....those curry munchers need to stick to call centres I reckon.

Jono L said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/sep08/goulburn08/080913_G2C_212
more evidence for the need of an 11 tooth Oz'ster. Maybe a 56 tooth on the front as well??
well there ya go! 94kph! Did you have an 11?

I'll do it again for slow kids at the back of the class: :)

A 53/12 has a 9.31m rollout for 1 rev.
94 kph = 94,000m per hour.
94,000m/60mins = 1566.66m per min.
1566.7m/9.31m = 168rpm!! :p
Ok, a 53/11 only brings it down to 154rpm (10.157m rollout), but still....

Albert 50 said:
Very funny! Flat as a skinny old chick's saggy **** :)

And the other news for the morning is that Richard Wright (Pink Floyd) has died. :(

matagi said:
WTF is this I'm hearing? Lance Armstrong is coming to Oz to race the TDU? :confused:
Probably something along the lines of.....been out of the press for too long....sales of yellow armbands on the decline.....let's fire up the rumour mill about a 'comeback'.

Dear Lance,

Please **** off.

Yours sincerely,

People who love interesting bike races and think you'll never be Merckx because you suck at the hour record and anything else that isn't the TdF.

Geoff Vadar said:
I did like the roads Classic1 told me about especially Dumbalk/Mardan/Thorpdale areas but its too dangerous between Warragul and Korrumburra IMO plus its about a farken 200km round trip for me!! And I got lonely. And lost.
Quiet as anything when I did it about 5 months ago, but it was midweek and pissing rain. Great ride through there IMO. The Sun Tour goes through there this year. Korumburra-Leongatha is too busy tho.

classic1 said:
Where you from down here?

I had put GV onto some routes (thats routes, not roots) down this way last year around Korumburra and Leongatha, as well as Trafalgar, Willow Grove and Hill End. He loved them. He said he did anyway, but he gets lost all the time and likes to ******** too. :p

Dads got a mate at Woodend on Mt Macedon road. Nice in Summer & Autumn, pox in winter.

Born & bred at Inverloch....only left for Uni & work, otherwise I'd still be there...me & me bruvver still own a joint there. I know most of the roads you are on about pretty well...used ta ride Inverloch to Venus bay & back every Satdee with a surfboard under one arm....regularly rode to the prom & back, Meenyan, Kongwak,Bena, poowong...the 'Strezlecki's' were me stompin' ground ....ROFL, some of the roads around Woodend do REALLY suck during winter/early spring...farkin black ice!...lost count of the times I've been tootling along & sitting on me **** 30secs later with no warning! :D

Thylacine said:
People who love interesting bike races and think you'll never be Merckx because you suck at the hour record and anything else that isn't the TdF.
if I may quote Hinault again: :) "it's impossible to compare Amrstrong to previous Tour champions, such as myself and Merckx. If Merckx concentrated only on The Tour, he would've won 15 of them!"

Hitchy said:
Born & bred at Inverloch....only left for Uni & work, otherwise I'd still be there...me & me bruvver still own a joint there. I know most of the roads you are on about pretty well...used ta ride Inverloch to Venus bay & back every Satdee with a surfboard under one arm....regularly rode to the prom & back, Meenyan, Kongwak,Bena, poowong...the 'Strezlecki's' were me stompin' ground ....ROFL, some of the roads around Woodend do REALLY suck during winter/early spring...farkin black ice!...lost count of the times I've been tootling along & sitting on me **** 30secs later with no warning! :D
LOL.

My grandfather had a place in Inverloch on Wonthaggi Rd until Jan this year, so I used to spend a bit of time there. He sold it, we had to ship him off to the old peoples home.

Did you race with Leongatha club? I've probably raced ya! Track every Friday night during summer or combines in the winter.

Hitchy said:
Born & bred at Inverloch.......! :D
what about your footy career? You told me you were the best thing never to get out of the deep south-east, until to did your knee :p
Hitchy said:
HA! :) Me and a couple mates trained once at the Poowong Footy Club in '84 or '85, coz we heard they paid out-of-towners $100 a game, but it never came to 'fruitician', so we never went back. Probably a good thing, coz I didn't think $100 was worth it to get beaten up every week by District League thugs in the freezing cold :)