The Thread about Nothing....

Hey did one of you guys say you ordered some wheels of PBK or somewhere recently and got them shipped?

Anyone have an opinion on which would be better? Mavic Askium wheels or Fulcrum Racing 7's?

531Aussie said:
what about your footy career? You told me you were the best thing never to get out of the deep south-east, until to did your knee :pHA! :) Me and a couple mates trained once at the Poowong Footy Club in '84 or '85, coz we heard they paid out-of-towners $100 a game, but it never came to 'fruitician', so we never went back. Probably a good thing, coz I didn't think $100 was worth it to get beaten up every week by District League thugs in the freezing cold :)

ROFL...yeah I was a 'coodabeen' champion!...did the knee 1st at 16 & twice more before i saw the light...at that stage cycling was pretty much 'rehab'

Classo...did a season or 2 at the 'gatha track...winter was always footy...the problem was Inverloch being 18 mile down the road, the old's wouldn't drive us, so we had to ride there & back every night during summer....living 50 mts from the beach, watching all ya mates jumpin' off the jetty & it's 35 deg.....meant riding to leongatha didn't really look like an attractive option! :D

I didn't really race again until after my footy 'career' came to a sorry end!

badsac said:
Hey did one of you guys say you ordered some wheels of PBK or somewhere recently and got them shipped?

Anyone have an opinion on which would be better? Mavic Askium wheels or Fulcrum Racing 7's?
Can't say much for fulcrums, but my aksiums are unbreakable! with gatorskin tyre they are just about cyclocross wheels. With a disclaimer that I weigh 70 kg..

A mate of mine has Aksiums. Broke one spoke after about 8-10K, got it fixed, no problems since. He weights 100kg, won a few big wheelrace finals back in the day, and is a big strong boy capable of whipping 95% of the local hard Saturday bunch.

Excellent training wheels IMO. If ever I need another pair of training wheels thats what I'll be getting.

531Aussie said:
oh yeah, everyone add Bontrager cranks to your "never to buy" list

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=466101
Yeah, I'll add it to the list of cranks I have broken. Galli, Shimano, Stronglight, Sugino (171mm if you can believe that! Rare as rocking horse **** apparently), Zeus, Suntour. You may notice no Campag. Thats coz I could never afford them. I'll break the ones I have now eventually, I know blokes who have broken shitloads.

Uh oh
diatribe.

So I's been busy with work which is good coz I can be a lazy *****
and I was getting kinda excited coz I could perhaps almost afford to pay my share of Little John's superannuation package.

And then I heard that that farken credit crunching Turnbull farker got that much closer to having a chance to ruin my life
and then I made the mistake of offering a girlfriend a lift to the airport so she could go play where the wild things are
and once there I decided I needed a slash

so I ran to the toilet and back
by which time I'd gotten a $132 fine.

Needless to say I kicked up a stink and tried to get the AFP to arrest that stupid bloody Islander ***** in the high visibility vest
which they wouldn't do.

What has this ****ry come to?

Moral of the story?
If you need a **** at the airport, don't leave your vehicle unattended.
**** on the footpath; or better yet on one of those cnuts in the high visibility vests.

Not that anyone is talking about this but Campag have actually lost me. I'm a bit shocked to admit that because I had a lot of time for the history they bring and the consistency/continuity I appreciated in their design.

The new ergos are a dagger to the heart. Just doesnt sit well with me. Look ghey, over designed and doesnt reflect any sense of where the brand has come from.

Add to that the fact I started with Record, moved to Chorus (zero difference) and then moved to Centaur (again **** all difference). I'm almost tempted to run their absolute shitbox groupset and wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt a massive difference again.

Now Shimano have cleaned up their cable mess and reduced the size of their giant ***** brifters I have to look at them more seriously. I'm just a bit underwhelmed by Campagnolo right now they seem to have gone sideways at best in the last few years.

531Aussie said:
3 knees? Blah! No thanks :p
Yeah thats rough. Sean Rehn type stuff. Its ok getting injured but when you do the same injury over and over it can really **** with your head on a serious level. Not good.

Geoff Vadar said:
Now Shimano have cleaned up their cable mess and reduced the size of their giant ***** brifters I have to look at them more seriously. I'm just a bit underwhelmed by Campagnolo right now they seem to have gone sideways at best in the last few years.
No problem if you use the right lubrication.

bbp said:
I got a parking fine at the airport.
there was a thing on A Current Affair, or the other **** show, which said that airports have no legal right to issue fines coz it's not crown land, and they ain't gov or council parking officials. They can set their fees, but that's it.

Geoff Vadar said:
Like it. A lot. Gold.
Funnily enough one of her stops is a week in Vietnam.

Now I'd recently gotten into a spot of bother for daring to step over the edge of a Wharf to peek under and see if there was a piece of that polybutylene pipe stashed away that I needed; but alas without the prerequisite hiviz shirt and lifejacket
and I was scuppered by some unusually observant OH&S clown in a suit, with dire consequences.

Thusly, one of my more entertaining weekend pleasures was getting her to measure my inseam and such so she could get me a HiVis dinner suit tailored up in Vietnam for just such occasions. I reckon it'll come in handy for architect meetings too.

So, **** away, but please don't **** on the bloke in the HiViz dinner jacket, ok?

Geoff Vadar said:
Ha cool thats Bartos territory.
Otherwise you could grow a pair and head up to donna buang in the hills which I like.

I did like the roads Classic1 told me about especially Dumbalk/Mardan/Thorpdale areas but its too dangerous between Warragul and Korrumburra IMO plus its about a farken 200km round trip for me!! And I got lonely. And lost.
A lot could happen in a year. I'll plan tactics when I'm assured of going.

Donna Buang Rd looks pretty mean. We have absolutely nuttin here that's even close to that. C1 told me before climbing's overrated anyway, maybe I should listen to him.

Nah I haven't got 200ks in me, the body would be moaning long before that.

Fun and games with someone being caught out for sockpuppeting for four years on the Team CSC-Saxo forum. Turns out the sockpuppeting culprit there "Swede" is accused of also being "Grater" on this forum.

Hmmm......

Crankyfeet said:
Fun and games with someone being caught out for sockpuppeting for four years on the Team CSC-Saxo forum. Turns out the sockpuppeting culprit there "Swede" is accused of also being "Grater" on this forum.

Hmmm......
Cranky, I have to confess, I'm a little puzzled but also intrigued ...... what's with the sockpuppet obsession?

No obsession. Just someone linked to that fracas on the other site I'm on. And when I read through a couple of pages of posts on it (you think I post too many words... you should see the average post on that CSC site), someone there was fairly sure that the guy playing games with them for four years was the same guy as Grater of cycling forums. The sockpuppeting is inconsequential.

Most of the guys that posted in the GT forum during the TdF know who Grater is. If it turns out Grater was doing a Paceline-style insurgency job on those CSC fanbois for four years, he could be a hero. Or he's a ****. Or ya don't give a fark. Whatever.

Crankyfeet said:
Most of the guys that posted in the GT forum during the TdF know who Grater is. If it turns out Grater was doing a Paceline-style insurgency job on those CSC fanbois for four years, he could be a hero. Or he's a ****. Or ya don't give a fark. Whatever.

Grater=****....actually, major ****...is he someone of interest?

0,,6254333,00.jpg

Word of advice for little man.... LOOK UP! :eek: