The Thread about Nothing....

Hitchy said:
I mighta told ya's this before...a mate had been shaving his head for 25 years for the 'look'...decided to grow it back & was horrified to find out he's bald! :D
ha, just like the gag on Seinfeld. :)

Nah, I can cover my gaps up SO well that no one call tell, really, honestly, really, nah really, no one can tell :p

531Aussie said:
ha, just like the gag on Seinfeld. :)

Nah, I can cover my gaps up SO well that no one call tell, really, honestly, really, nah really, no one can tell :p

ahhhh yes, the comb over is a great look....or you could go the 'bert newton' & just super glue a cat to your head! :D

Just saw the foxtel coverage of the 'sun tour'.....I think it's safe to say that Jono's mob have the ugliest kit I've ever seen! :D

Go Stuey CH 7 news tonight excellent!

Bloody pm tonight referred to Kohl as an Australian!!! That's all we need

hey no server errors!!

illama.jpg

The Llama houshold.

Boo! I smashed pretty hard at Sandown last night.

Nothing busted, but I've lost a bit of skin all down my left side, all the way from my shoulder to my ankle. The gravel rashes and grazes aren't too bad, actually. First thing I did when I got home was rush to the chemist to get some sympathy from the chicks there, but nothing doing. :D

It was so farking stupid: it was caused by my gears slipping when I was off the seat having a bit of a stomp! Stupid! All that time I spend hanging out with my bikes and I can't even get my gears right. :) I blame the Soloist for not having barrel adjusters on the downtube, :p otherwise I would've given it a little tweak during the race. I'm gunna put an inline barrel on it.

I'd had a crack for the line about 5kms from the finish, but it didn't work (I'm still too fat to get up the 'hill' :p), therefore, I was no shot at all for a place, so I don't know why I even had that last stomp. I was near the back, and I was about to roll up the pit lane without even crossing the line, then I thought "fark it, I'll have one last stomp to hurt my legs a bit". Then *bang*. There were only a few people behind me, and they all got around me ok. Two guys stopped to pick up me bike and get me off the track
thumb.gif

Anyway, the bunches are way bigger than the end of last season: 72 blokes in B-grade, plus a handful of chicks; and 78 in A-grade! Fark that. I might give it a miss for a while. Do the numbers usually drop off as the season progresses? I only went to race Tuesdays to avoid the carnage on Beach Rd, but it's got so big that I reckon I'd rather mix it up down there with 30 blokes than try to win against 75 people

531Aussie said:
Boo! I smashed pretty hard at Sandown last night.

Nothing busted, but I've lost a bit of skin all down my left side, all the way from my shoulder to my ankle. The gravel rashes and grazes aren't too bad, actually. First thing I did when I got home was rush to the chemist to get some sympathy from the chicks there, but nothing doing. :D

It was so farking stupid: it was caused by my gears slipping when I was off the seat having a bit of a stomp! Stupid! All that time I spend hanging out with my bikes and I can't even get my gears right. :) I blame the Soloist for not having barrel adjusters on the downtube, :p otherwise I would've given it a little tweak during the race. I'm gunna put an inline barrel on it.

I'd had a crack for the line about 5kms from the finish, but it didn't work (I'm still too fat to get up the 'hill' :p), therefore, I was no shot at all for a place, so I don't know why I even had that last stomp. I was near the back, and I was about to roll up the pit lane without even crossing the line, then I thought "fark it, I'll have one last stomp to hurt my legs a bit". Then *bang*. There were only a few people behind me, and they all got around me ok. Two guys stopped to pick up me bike and get me off the track
thumb.gif

Anyway, the bunches are way bigger than the end of last season: 72 blokes in B-grade, plus a handful of chicks; and 78 in A-grade! Fark that. I might give it a miss for a while. Do the numbers usually drop off as the season progresses? I only went to race Tuesdays to avoid the carnage on Beach Rd, but it's got so big that I reckon I'd rather mix it up down there with 30 blokes than try to win against 75 people
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24500687-11088,00.html

Cookie has a three way, but not that kind :D

531Aussie said:
Boo! I smashed pretty hard at Sandown last night. It was so farking stupid: it was caused by my gears slipping when I was off the seat having a bit of a stomp! Stupid! All that time I spend hanging out with my bikes and I can't even get my gears right.
I have a rather sizable scar on my left hip from exactly that.

However, I'm betting it's not because you were mixing Suntour, Shimano and Mavic drivetrain components on the one bike. :p

Thylacine said:
However, I'm betting it's not because you were mixing Suntour, Shimano and Mavic drivetrain components on the one bike. :p
HA! :) No. It's coz I put my ghey, bling wheels on for the race, and the shifting was just a teeny bit out, but only under heavy load.

531Aussie said:
HA! :) No. It's coz I put my ghey, bling wheels on for the race, and the shifting was just a teeny bit out, but only under heavy load.
Let that be a lesson to you to adjust your shifting when you change your wheels.

Is it big patches of gravel rash or just little bits here and there? Did ya get some tegaderm or sumfink like that to cover all the oozing bits?

matagi said:
Did ya get some tegaderm or sumfink like that to cover all the oozing bits?
Is Paraderm Plus the same kinda thing?

Actually, the gravel rash isn't that deep -- it's broad-ish, but most of it looks and feels more like a friction burn that a graze. I've got a few smaller, deeper chunks on my elbow, knee and ankle. I washed it all, then put the Paraderm on it.

I was gunna go with the old "keep it dry" thing, but the chick at the chemist reckons that's the old-school way, and now it's apparently best to keep it moist-ish, to speed the heeling and avoid hard scabs. .....??? :eek:

531Aussie said:
Is Paraderm Plus the same kinda thing?

Actually, the gravel rash isn't that deep -- it's broad-ish, but most of it looks and feels more like a friction burn that a graze. I've got a few smaller, deeper chunks on my elbow, knee and ankle. I washed it all, then put the Paraderm on it.

I was gunna go with the old "keep it dry" thing, but the chick at the chemist reckons that's the old-school way, and now it's apparently best to keep it moist-ish, to speed the heeling and avoid hard scabs. .....??? :eek:
Yep, keeping it moist is the way to go.

Tegaderm is a plastic wound film - there are other brands around like Opsite. So what you do is put the Paraderm on, then cover it with a non-stick dressing pad and then put the stick-on plastic film over that. If it's only small areas, you can buy the plastic film with dressing pads attached - OpSite Post-Op is one brand. If it's broad areas, then you need large strips to cover it all. It isn't cheap either.

531Aussie said:
hhmmm and had nothing to do with the spanky white shoes? :p

cyclist2 said:
hhmmm and had nothing to do with the spanky white shoes? :p
ha! :) Funny you should say, because there's a long white streak on my rear rim, which must've been caused be my heel being jammed into it for a split second