The Thread about Nothing....

Runitout said:
Ha ha. That's exactly what Mortlock used to do in the Lindfield U11s, kicking them over from the corner flag and curling them over the cross bar. I thought it was a bit dumb at the time, because if he tried to kick a conversion from the corner flag, he'd be easier to charge down than if he tried to kick it from the 22. No appreciation of skill, me.
Ha! I played against Lindfield's Subbies a few times.
They were a good club to play, good on the field and welcoming hosts afterwards...from the little I remember of after-match functions. :D

bbp said:
I just spoke to em and they said it's being posted this arvo, so it should be at your newsagents early/midweek. Patience squire :cool:

ROFL...he's pacing the floor like an expectant father...'cept this time he's sober! :D

Hitchy said:
ROFL...he's pacing the floor like an expectant father...'cept this time he's sober! :D
Now now, I was sober the entire time even for the conception. :eek:

Hey, I already have the pdf of the test, so I'm just interested in the context when put next to the others in the 'comparison'.

I can wait......

:cool:

Rant alert.

There I am having just gotten home after having been out visiting, deciding to have a listen to ABC radio (yeah yeah, classic1 is turning in to an old fart), with Will Hagen waffling on about cars. News comes on. Tony Delroy comes on, then he cuts to some stupid ****en Kathy Letts ********-o-thon.

I FARKIN HATE STUPID ANNOYING KATHY 'PUBERTY FARKIN **** BOOK THEY MADE CNUTS READ AT SCHOOL BLUES' LETTS.

Every farkin time I hear that farking Kathy Letts its the same old stupid stories, like she is on a continuous loop tape. Here is some advice stupid Kathy farkin Letts. Puberty Blues was 30+ years ago. Everyone has heard your **** stories before, just like last time you came home to flog off some **** to decent hard working Aussies who didn't fark off to live in pomgolia, and the same as the time before that. No one wants to here how the Cronulla boys are evolving into apes or how you used to tan blokes names on your guts or how you had a root in a panel van with a chicko roll and got called a pig or whatever. Go and make some new **** up or help your husband defend poor reffos in court or go away and die or go back to pommie land (same thing).

Even though that other sheila she rote the book wif is an air-head space kadet at least she has the sense to shut the fark up and not bother everyone. Especially me.

Also, thanks to the ABC for farking up my night. Go and get a dead black dog up ya ABC.

Umm ....... is it possible you were visiting the in-laws? Sounds like you were a tad peeved even before Ms Puberty Blues hit the airwaves. :p

Although I have to agree, I don't find her particularly interesting or entertaining. (and I'm lucky, we didn't have to read her book at school)

matagi said:
Umm ....... is it possible you were visiting the in-laws? Sounds like you were a tad peeved even before Ms Puberty Blues hit the airwaves. :p

Although I have to agree, I don't find her particularly interesting or entertaining. (and I'm lucky, we didn't have to read her book at school)
No. I'd actually had a wonderful night. My new Vittoria tyres arrived today from PBK putting a smile on the dial and I'd been out to drop off the couple of tyres dad ordered. Us and mum watched TV and had just had a huge laugh at Harold Holts inability to recognise rough surf (why couldn't have JWH, Reith or Alexander Downer have taken up diving off Cheviot beach?), laughed more about rumours of Liberal pollies having affairs with women (everyone knows they only root other men) and of course fell off the couch making seal noises looking at Billy McMahons humungous wingnuts. Then dads mate rang to say he found half a toenail in his flake he got from Nick the Greeks fish and chip shop in 1971 and reckoned it was all that was left of Harold Holt. All in all it was a bit of a giggle.

THEN KATHY FARKIN LETTS FARKS IT ALL UP! Annoying *****.

matagi said:
Poor Classo!

And ........ it's Kathy Lette, btw. :p
So she is a pretentious cow adding the e on the end. :p

I'll articulate and summarise what I hate about her

a/ everything she says
b/ everything she does

classic1 said:
So she is a pretentious cow adding the e on the end. :p

I'll articulate and summarise what I hate about her

a/ everything she says
b/ everything she does
I won't argue with you there ........ I particularly dislike that quasi-superior attitude she takes when she runs down so-called "stereotypical Australian behaviour" (most of which died out 20 years ago, if it existed at all) :rolleyes:

matagi said:
To be honest, I think I prefer "gumby". :p
No way!! Gumby's a legend. :D Steve Vai had a Gumby t-shirt on for one of his first ever Guitar Player mag cover-shots

482408817_cbbbeb7479.jpg

531Aussie said:
No way!! Gumby's a legend. :D Steve Vai had a Gumby t-shirt on for one of his first guitar mag cover-shots
*********** Nev! Talk about dragging up stuff from the depths of the thread! :rolleyes:

I know very little of Gumby the plasticine figure, my only exposure to gumbys was through Monty Python - so I reckon gumby works.

Who is this Steve Vai person of whom you speak? Is he someone famous? :p

"my brain hurts"

matagi said:
.Who is this Steve Vai person of whom you speak? Is he someone famous? :p
"
O....M....G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p

Only (arguably) THE guitar rock god from the '80s and '90s!!

He's probably best known for playing with David Lee Roth in the late '80s.
He did that 'talky' bit on the guitar at the start of Roth's song Yanky Rose

531Aussie said:
O....M....G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p

Only (arguably) THE guitar rock god from the '80s and '90s!!

He's probably best known for playing with David Lee Roth in the late '80s.
He did that 'talky' bit on the guitar at the start of Roth's song Yanky Rose
Steve Vai sucks.

Yes, he can play guitar extremely well, but he appears to be completely in thrall of running his fingers up and down the frets as fast as possible with no consideration to hook, melody or a decent tune.

531Aussie said:
No way!! Gumby's a legend. :D Steve Vai had a Gumby t-shirt on for one of his first ever Guitar Player mag cover-shots

Ok..this'll test ya...what was gumby's horses' name?

edit: ....& anyone that know's the answer with out having 'google' assistance is a very, very sad individual & should take this opportunity to have a good hard look at themselves! :D