The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
From the Goldie Blog on CCCC's web site:

...of which the Northern combines very own Dylan newell was one!....couldn't raise a gallop at the last 500 mts unfortunately :(

Hitchy said:
...of which the Northern combines very own Dylan newell was one!....couldn't raise a gallop at the last 500 mts unfortunately :(
Ol' Diesel eh!

Warny is definitely his kinda race.

Jono L said:
Ol' Diesel eh!

Warny is definitely his kinda race.

hadda couple of digs over the last 3km, but Clarke jumped across every time...6 together at 500 mts but Dylan had spent all his petrol tickets...top effort though

Stuck at ****ing Singapore "Changi" Airport for another 5 hours... ****ing qantas plane was meant to depart at 1930 local time, now not until 0230 tomorrow...

****ing qantas.... though... the first class lounge isn't too bad here, better than Heathrow T4 by a long shot, only a 'mixed' lounge that one - mixed with the unwashed masses that either get a biz class trip from work pay pocket, or they have shelled out the $500 a year for qantas club - me i'm a high flyer, don't need to pay squat and i get first class access... Heathrow's new T5 first class lounge is nice too, but Melbourne's is still the best. Food off a menu, not from a buffet, attentive waiters, not only showers but facials and massages free of charge... Everything but a BJ.... but I reckoned if you asked nicely you could give up some freq flyer points for one....

Hitchy - have you been able to post here with your recently opened new account yet? Or is it like almost everyone else's experience... no ability to post?

Hitchy said:
hadda couple of digs over the last 3km, but Clarke jumped across every time...6 together at 500 mts but Dylan had spent all his petrol tickets...top effort though
Zak Dempster has now won the Austral and the Warny! Not too shabby!

parawolf said:
Stuck at ****ing Singapore "Changi" Airport for another 5 hours... ****ing qantas plane was meant to depart at 1930 local time, now not until 0230 tomorrow...

****ing qantas.... though... the first class lounge isn't too bad here, better than Heathrow T4 by a long shot, only a 'mixed' lounge that one - mixed with the unwashed masses that either get a biz class trip from work pay pocket, or they have shelled out the $500 a year for qantas club - me i'm a high flyer, don't need to pay squat and i get first class access... Heathrow's new T5 first class lounge is nice too, but Melbourne's is still the best. Food off a menu, not from a buffet, attentive waiters, not only showers but facials and massages free of charge... Everything but a BJ.... but I reckoned if you asked nicely you could give up some freq flyer points for one....
As far as first class lounges go, The Wing at HK airport has my vote (its Cathay's) they had all that stuff years ago.

Mind you, it's 6-7 years since I last travelled OS, so it looks like the other carriers have finally caught up.

All my frequent flyer points are currently being racked up flying out of Tamworth ....... what would you like to know about the Dash 8? Reckon I could build one from the ground up. :p

And I don't pay nuffin' for Qantas Club - life member here. :cool: :D :p

gplama said:
Farkin' hard core! "Life is free" in the music.. yes indeed... but I bet taking part in this kind of event will cost an **** load. Can't help with any advertising suggestions, I'm a snobby elitist roadie - my first thought when seeing those people crossing the line and holding up their bikes was "damn, I'd want to throw the thing off a cliff after that".
they do road versions as well
from the german alps through austria and into italy
all beautiful climbing stages
seriously though, 65000ft of climbing in 8 stages on the mtb version? Ouch

heinkel12 said:
Zak Dempster has now won the Austral and the Warny! Not too shabby!
And shoulda been in the pursuit team at Beijing along with Phil Thaux....

we owe largely to Sir Percival Pott our awareness of the potential carcinogenicity of chemical agents. In the 18th century Pott astutely related the increased incidence of scrotal skin cancer in chimney sweeps to chronic exposure to soot. A few years later, based on this observation, the Danish Chimney Sweeps Guild ruled that its members must bathe daily. Few public health measures since that time have so successfully controlled a form of cancer!
Just thought I'd share this fascinating tidbit ..... after all, if I have to suffer, so should you guys! :p

Ok, back to the salt mines for me.

So tampons now have wings? Nice little animation on how the wings wrap around the little bugger and flare out (well, I guess only if you're spacious?)....

So my next thought was the mental image of this thing once its 'done its job'.

Thank god I was finished my dinner when that ad came on telly.

gplama said:
So tampons now have wings? Nice little animation on how the wings wrap around the little bugger and flare out (well, I guess only if you're spacious?)....

So my next thought was the mental image of this thing once its 'done its job'.

Thank god I was finished my dinner when that ad came on telly.
Wouldn't it be more anatomically correct to refer to them as flaps?

classic1 said:
Wouldn't it be more anatomically correct to refer to them as flaps?

Well... this is an industry that dances around reality, so being correct and accurate doesn't come into play. They do look like little warheads, or ammo for a nurf gun.

gplama said:
Well... this is an industry that dances around reality, so being correct and accurate doesn't come into play. They do look like little warheads, or ammo for a nurf gun.
Where's Geoff Vadar? This could be his next marketing exercise.

I'm a dad.

Little girl born today at 3:30.

Mum and bub are home and healthy. Dad is ****** and having a smoke out the front.

Gusboh said:
I'm a dad.

Little girl born today at 3:30.

Mum and bub are home and healthy. Dad is ****** and having a smoke out the front.
Well done Gus! Congratulations. What did you call the bub?