The Thread about Nothing....

classic1 said:
I was talking to him about it a the Hun Tour the other week, congratulating him on the new contract. Then I said, 'I'll leave ya to it Gerro, everyone is probably giving you the ***** wanting to talk to ya all farkin day'.

He grinned, said 'yeah, thanks for that mate, really appreciate it' and patted me on the shoulder.

LOL

Then you let out a *cough*man-child*cough* as you walked off?

Impressive.

Oceania champs

Men 4000m Individual Pursuit Qualification

1 Jack Bobridge (Aus) Aust Nat Squad 4.19.80

Thylacine said:
46kg, if you go to Wanaka, stop by at the Wanaka Beerworks, it's just at the airport as you enter town from Queenstown, on the right.
had a great view on the top of the pass
but the last day which was a 21 k walk
was v wet 200mm at least I reckon

want to get to Wanaka next time I'm over there for the pinot and the beer
had a great beer at the Cardona

matagi said:
I love keas I reckon they're cool! :D
In the lodges there were no novels no radios no TV no papers
but there were nature books, you know Ferns of NZ and the like
there was this classic book on Kea s.
I reckon they're Parrots who think they've become falcons. They learnt how to hunt sheep in packs, one flew down onto the deck outside our lodge and ran along the deck at night, and in one lodge they've had to put full on locks on the doors to stop them coming in!!!

46kgToDate said:
In the lodges there were no novels no radios no TV no papers
but there were nature books, you know Ferns of NZ and the like
there was this classic book on Kea s.
I reckon they're Parrots who think they've become falcons. They learnt how to hunt sheep in packs, one flew down onto the deck outside our lodge and ran along the deck at night, and in one lodge they've had to put full on locks on the doors to stop them coming in!!!
Funnily enough, I was watching a doco called Four Alps on the ABC yesterday evening and Keas featured on that. Yes, what they do to sheep is pretty horrible, they even had some footage on the doco showing a kea sitting on this sheep's back digging through the wool, etc. to get to the fat around the kidneys.

They also showed them absolutely trashing the rubber bits on a car. Funny little creatures.

Hitchy said:
Ok you 'font of all knowledge' types....where do I get winzip for nuffin?....
Use the "Try First" option on the Winzip website?

Dunno, I've got a Mac. :p

matagi said:
Use the "Try First" option on the Winzip website?

Dunno, I've got a Mac. :p

yeah , getting sick of that...very 45 days I gotta unistall it, then do it all again...

gplama said:
*cough*freak-child*cough
I know it doesn't always work out this way as a comparison but here are the Olympic qualifying and final rounds

qualifying

1 Bradley Wiggins (Great Britain) 4.15.031 (56.463km/h)
2 Hayden Roulston (New Zealand) 4.18.990
3 Alexei Markov (Russian Fed) 4.21.498
4 Volodymyr Dyudya (Ukraine) 4.21.530
5 Steven Burke (Great Britain) 4.22.260
6 Antonio Tauler (Spain) 4.22.462
7 Taylor Phinney (United States) 4.22.860
8 Alexander Serov (Russian Fed) 4.23.732
9 Bradley McGee (Australia) 4.26.084
10 Sergi Escobar (Spain) 4.26.102
11 David O'Loughlin (Ireland) 4.26.102
12 Brett Lancaster (Australia) 4.26.139
13 Jens Mouris (Netherlands) 4.27.445
14 Vitaliy Popkov (Ukraine) 4.30.321
15 Fabien Sanchez (France) 4.33.100
16 Carlos Alzate (Colombia) 4.35.154
17 Alexandr Pliuschin (Rep. of Moldova) 4.35.438
18 Jenning Huizenga (Netherlands) 4.37.097

Medal rounds

Gold medal ride
1 Bradley Wiggins (Great Britain) 4.16.977 (56.036 km/h)
2 Hayden Roulston (New Zealand) 4.19.611

Bronze medal ride
1 Steven Burke (Great Britain) 4.20.947
2 Alexei Markov (Russia) 4.24.149

Hang on.....how is it that Macs come with a zip/unzip ability built in to OSX, and Windows doesn't?!?!

Memo to : People who know a hell of a lot more than me about road and track... which is basically everyone on here... but particularly the road experts, Classo, Hitch, Jono, Lama, thunder, Nev, etc. (that "etc." hopefully gets me out of jail)

Why didn't Wiggins do better in that 2007 TdF Prologue in London? It was basically set up for him it seems. Is it because he doesn't handle anything technical on the road that well? Or because he's dynamite over 4km but not nearly as good over 8km? He came 4th (-23 secs) which is obviously good (beaten by Cancellara, Kloden, and Hincapie)... but he seems to be very dominant on the track.

23 seconds would be a long way back on the track.

Local crit action today... everyone willing to chase, no-one willing to work. Sat on the front most of the race with a few hit outs to see what would happen, but with only 5 in the bunch, everyone was willing to sit on. Fine by me i'll get my exercise on the front (245 watt avg for an hour) and jumped about 15-20 metres from the final corner with the road pitches up it's hardest (not that much, mostly flat crit) and into a head wind.

Gave the jump everything to force the group out into a line. Rounded the corner, looked under my arm to see who had come with and there was one bloke coming, so I eased up and got him to come past. I got on his wheel and had a few seconds break and hit him again 40 metres from the line taking todays win.

1650 watts in the initial jump :D

Crankyfeet said:
Why didn't Wiggins do better in that 2007 TdF Prologue in London? It was basically set up for him it seems. Is it because he doesn't handle anything technical on the road that well? Or because he's dynamite over 4km but not nearly as good over 8km? He came 4th (-23 secs) which is obviously good (beaten by Cancellara, Kloden, and Hincapie)... but he seems to be very dominant on the track.

23 seconds would be a long way back on the track.
Not on the 'program', technical course, longer than a pursuit, pursuits are a steady effort vs jumping out of corners in the prologue. 4th wasn't bad, Cancellaras effort was dominant.

Holy frucking ****. He went a second quicker in the final

Men 4000m Individual Pursuit Final

Gold & Silver Medals
1 Jack Bobridge (Aus) Aust Nat Squad 4.18.80 (55.65 km/h)
2 Mark Jamieson (Aus) Aust Nat Squad OVL

Bronze Medal
3 Rohan Dennis (Aus) Aust Nat Squad 4.27.10 (53.92 km/h)
4 Jason Allen (NZl) New Zealand 4.31.70