The Thread about Nothing....

Thylacine said:
Hang on.....how is it that Macs come with a zip/unzip ability built in to OSX, and Windows doesn't?!?!
Server 2003, Vista and Server 2008 have a compress/uncompress utility, but it's shite, so I always bung jzip on.

classic1 said:
Yes, you are.

Vadar knows I love him and he loves me.. He even dresses up for me.
This might sound a bit impolite... but my post had naught the fark to do with you and your loving relationship with Darth's brother ... :D

And you quit competitive cycling when you were like 21... so obviously that Beach Rd. - sand in your mangina - got to be a real problem that you can relate to with experience. :p

Geoff Vadar said:
I have a $14 cateye and make my pedals go round and round as quick as I can.
one of my mates (who hasn't been riding very long) is going for the old-school look, with nothing on his bars: no speedo, no HR monitor, etc....but he wants to know how many ks he does, so he bought a cordless speedo and rides with the 'unit' in his pocket.

Crankyfeet said:
This might sound a bit impolite...
Yeah it does. You have picked up some terribly bad manners and poor habits in seppoland. You need to come back to Oz were us cunz are all farkin kultured and ****.

Geoff Vadar said:
I miss teams
whadda ya mean? :) Aren't there pseudo teams and cliques all over the crits? There is in fkn vets, that's fer shurre...people sittin' up infront of the bunch when their mates are up the road...

I reckon i even saw some deliberate bunch stalling at the front of the pack by 'teammates' in a couple of races. I'm sure I know the drill: the teammate thinks he's strong enough to jump across to a break, so he slows the bunch just enough to get the gap to the break just the size he wants, then tries to hop across :)

classic1 said:
Yeah it does. You have picked up some terribly bad manners and poor habits in seppoland. You need to come back to Oz were us cunz are all farkin kultured and ****.
lol
biggrin.gif

(have they got any cure in Aussieland for the US habit of psychobabbling that I've picked up... that doesn't involve someone punching me in the head repeatedly?)

classic1 said:
He even dresses up for me.

darth-vader-fetish.jpg
Nah that is Cracknfail girl. She sent me those pictures as well. God she turns me on.

ClassicUnt said:
Vadar knows I love him and he loves me
I told on you to Jack. I told him you were picking on me again. He asked me where the internet was and then said **** it pass on this message:

Old Jacko to Classic1 said:
Stop being a Cnut. You kunt. And get back on the bike. Now **** off.
He said more but I had to leave out the non polite bits.

parawolf said:
You scare me with your interests beyond cycling classic1...
You mean you're not turned on by that? There is something wrong with you, not me. :p

Google image search is awesome IMO.

Geoff Vadar said:
Nah that is Cracknfail girl. She sent me those pictures as well. God she turns me on.

I told on you to Jack. I told him you were picking on me again. He asked me where the internet was and then said **** it pass on this message:

He said more but I had to leave out the non polite bits.
LOL

531Aussie said:
pseudo teams and cliques
Yeah that is true. I dont really mind riding as a complete loner/loser except when fully proper teams rock up and that gets me a bit shittys up. Cos its unfair and they play games. I remember spitting the dummy at one aussie 'pro' chick for being a wally. She was just practicing her team tactics and I was practicising my 'fkn french'. Apparently they complained to the President about me after the race!!??
frown.gif
Whatever happened to 'what happens on the field stays on the field'? whateverz.

Geoff Vadar said:
Yeah that is true. I dont really mind riding as a complete loner/loser except when fully proper teams rock up and that gets me a bit shittys up. Cos its unfair and they play games. I remember spitting the dummy at one aussie 'pro' chick for being a wally. She was just practicing her team tactics and I was practicising my 'fkn french'. Apparently they complained to the President about me after the race!!??
frown.gif
Whatever happened to 'what happens on the field stays on the field'? whateverz.
Yeah, well the stupid wally should be 'practicing' her wally moves on her own farkin wally time with her wally mates. WTF 'team tactics' would this genius be 'practicing' in a race anyway? Team tactics generally would be one of either 1/ go to the front and chase, 2/ go the front and block or 3/ tow the team leader to the front or 4/ go and get some bidons from the team car. Is she so dumb she needs to practice that. Crivens some of these institute riders are farkin bungholes sometimes.

Geoff Vadar said:
Yeah that is true. I dont really mind riding as a complete loner/loser except when fully proper teams rock up and that gets me a bit shittys up. Cos its unfair and they play games.
Plan A. Work out who the 'pea' is, mark them, beat them.

Its actually harder when its supposedly individuals, because then you have to work out who is in the joke, what they are doing and who they are taking for the win. Last time I raced track at Wangaratta there were three jokes going in my grade. Tassie at Christmas is normally the same, doesnt matter what grade. A grade on the track nearly all the time has 2 or 3 jokes running.

Scratch clean up at tassie carnivals more often than not because they can get organised better than the blokes of limit who wanna screw each other over..or so I've been told.

Jono L said:
Scratch clean up at tassie carnivals more often than not because they can get organised better than the blokes of limit who wanna screw each other over..or so I've been told.
Yep, especially because the backmarkers actually get organised in the heats as well as the finals. And also because the promoters chop and change the heats right on the start line to suit the backmarkers :rolleyes:

None of this mattered to me when I was over there because I was going so shithouse I couldn't do a thing about it, even when I had the jokes sussed in my scratch races.

classic1 said:
Yeah, well the stupid wally should be 'practicing' her wally moves on her own farkin wally time with her wally mates. WTF 'team tactics' would this genius be 'practicing' in a race anyway? Team tactics generally would be one of either 1/ go to the front and chase, 2/ go the front and block or 3/ tow the team leader to the front or 4/ go and get some bidons from the team car. Is she so dumb she needs to practice that. Crivens some of these institute riders are farkin bungholes sometimes.
Four of them driving the bunch and then basically 'flattening off' the pace as subtly as they could so the lead 'chickie' could meander off the front for a solo. For some reason it got the shittys up for me so I wandered past them giving them all the 'fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn xmas carol'. Is this kind of behaviour fair enough or should I just be more 'classy' and polite.

Geoff Vadar said:
Four of them driving the bunch and then basically 'flattening off' the pace as subtly as they could so the lead 'chickie' could meander off the front for a solo. For some reason it got the shittys up for me so I wandered past them giving them all the 'fkn fkn fkn fkn fkn xmas carol'. Is this kind of behaviour fair enough or should I just be more 'classy' and polite.
Toolish in the extreme imo (them, not you) and wankism of the highest order. It's a farkin club race, not the world road championships, besides the fact that it is a dumb tactic that Stevie Wonder could spot. Funnily enough, some of these shielas used to complain when they weren't allowed to race with the men, then complain when they get spoken to the same as you would speak to a bloke in a race for doing something stupid. Make your friggin minds up.

Alternatively, leave the cow out there to suffer for 10 laps. Unfortunately I doubt she'd learn a lesson.

classic1 said:
Toolish in the extreme imo (them, not you) and wankism of the highest order. It's a farkin club race, not the world road championships, besides the fact that it is a dumb tactic that Stevie Wonder could spot..

Alternatively, leave the cow out there to suffer for 10 laps. Unfortunately I doubt she'd learn a lesson.
Yeah it took me ages to figure out at the level I race at that no one can ride solo for very long!
tongue.gif
smile.gif
All 'one minute' wonders :)

Two more fairly impressive rides at the Oceanias.

Women 500m time trial final

1 Kaarle Mcculloch (Aus) Toshiba 0.34.831

Men team pursuit final

1 Jack Bobridge (Aus) Australia 4.03.890
Zakkari Dempster (Aus) Australia
Rohan Dennis (Aus) Australia
Mark Jamieson (Aus) Australia

Jono L said:
The last time I was in Tassie they cleaned up because there was 8 of them off scratch in the finals. The gaps out the front were so big that by the time they got organised scratch were on top of them.
If scratch wasn't getting up it was some local kid who was riding 100 metres further out than he should have been burgling a big wheelrace. The last time I was there we were having to organise jokes in the heats just to get someone other than a scratchie in the final.