The Thread about Nothing....

531Aussie said:
Farkin spewin! That's obviously a farkin steal!!

Yepsa, don't I know it after banging in about the cost of retail bike parts no more than 48hrs ago :).

First bike ride today on the Giant. DuraAce levers are soooo nice. Or a combination of DA levers, new gear/brake cables, and new chain = road awesomeness. 2kms from home I got a little chain clunking... the chain pin had popped and was only hanging by one side... argh.. so the only bit that needs fixing/adjusting after the strip-rebuild was something I didn't install myself.

So the old saying holds... if you want a job done right... do it yourself.

Plus, I just blew a little bit more than a few hundred on some new Sidi Genius 6.6s, which, incidentally, feel quite different to my Genius 5s and Genius 5.5s.

531Aussie said:
Plus, I just blew a little bit more than a few hundred on some new Sidi Genius 6.6s, which, incidentally, feel quite different to my Genius 5s and Genius 5.5s.
Hmmm, the number 6 seems to be featuring quite prominently in your life these days. :p

BTW, why would you expect your new shoes to feel the same as your old ones?

matagi said:
Hmmm, the number 6 seems to be featuring quite prominently in your life these days. :p
?
Hee hee. :)

My Genius 5.5s felt just like my Genius 5s, so.......

I just finished evaluating carbon saddles. Ive been riding them for four weeks or so. No good. For me anyway. I pretty much knew they were stupid anyway but I wanted to play around. For me they cause my hips to shift too much due to the nature of the surface (no purchase/grip) which seems to put extra pressure on my core. It took me a while to figure out exactly what was happening but my core fatigues at a faster rate on a carbon saddle over my normal flite. I guess i could use them as a training aid specifically for my core on longer rides and for crits the fatigue would be negligible. But to do any sort of RR on a carbon saddle would be shizen.

I decided today I dont like them. And buying one for $300 would be googarlygoogoogargar.

matagi said:
See that's where you went wrong .... just ask any girl ;)
Yep, several millenia of shoe shopping written into womens'* DNA is better than my logic, despite it (my reasoning) being flawless :p.

*hmmm, not sure about that inverted comma. Feel free to correct me :D

Lucky I aint boss of everything or I would pretty much end time trial bikes. Banish them to ridiculous sports like triathlons. Road cyclists should use road bikes but with some cool wheels and aero bars. Standard frames only though.

Look at this thing.

Imagine how nuts TT bikes will be in 100years. I assume they will be spaceships.

Q: Where's Cyclone Hamish?
A: FNQ, but ****ing off to sea

Q: Where're my mum and the in-laws?
A: On a cruise ship en route from Brisbane to Whitsunday :eek:

I hope their hips are all still intact :(

classic1 said:
Bendigo Madison - o'shea/howard from the meyer boys and Marvulli and some boxhead
The 2 Aussie pairs kept the pace on out of the first sprint and got 20 m on the field before the Euro pair responded. The Euros got to within ~10 m of them at one stage but couldn't bridge - they spent 40 laps off the front but couldn't lap the field. The Euros were great in the sprints but never had a real shot at getting the lap back - game over.

The Golden Mile final was awesome. Joel Leonard (I think?) did an awesome job getting Howard + O'Shea (both off scratch) to the middle of the main pack by the the last bend and got out of the way. The backmarkers just couldn't get around the traffic and took 2nd and 3rd from Schultz. Highlight of the night for me - Keith Oliver off 160 m was right in the mix but faded just at the end. This guy used to ride a bit - he won the first 3 madisons 1972-74 and the Sun Tour in 1969! He's farkin 68 and beat guys who started 40 meters ahead of him in his heat!

Jono L said:

Christ that is ugly. Imagine how shite that bike would be in the drops out of a corner when you needed to get some power down..... reverse mounted speed sensors don't sit with me either. Knock that thing into your spokes and you could do some damage to the wheel, fork, or your front teeth.

stevebaby said:
Thank you, thank you (bows):D
"Goof" tells me that he will make his debut post sometime tonight.
He doesn't expect to remain a member for long.
Pity that...there is a rich seam of potential comedy gold at this forum. :D
DONE!
Do I win the Gheytime?:D
PS. This should not be viewed by those of tender sensibilities, or any sense of decency at all. Actually it's a farken disgrace and this Goof character should probably be BIRCHED!
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=44&posted=1#post44

WTF, can't post link?
Oops, yes I can. Asterisks for the rude bits...bwahaha.

62vette said:
I hope their hips are all still intact :(
Me too mate.

I'd assume that the skipper would have more sense than to get into it. (but that rum ration is a worry ;) )

Gusboh said:
Me too mate.

I'd assume that the skipper would have more sense than to get into it. (but that rum ration is a worry ;) )
He'll probably head out to sea, away from anything that they may bump into, like the Reef or Australia. These kinds of ships have pretty good stabilisers...they should have a fair idea which demographic their passengers belong to and design accordingly.
They'll be safe.

stevebaby said:
He'll probably head out to sea, away from anything that they may bump into, like the Reef or Australia. These kinds of ships have pretty good stabilisers...they should have a fair idea which demographic their passengers belong to and design accordingly.
They'll be safe.
We worked out from the ship's web cam that they've done a big circuit round the lumpy seas and are getting in to Whitsunday over 12 hours late. Nice flat looking sea ATM.

I like the BOM high seas warning:

Clockwise winds above 63 knots within 40 nautical miles of the centre, reaching
95 knots close to the centre. Very high to phenomenal seas.

Clockwise winds 48/63 knots elsewhere within 70 nautical miles of the centre.
High to very high seas.

Clockwise winds 34/47 knots elsewhere within 120 nautical miles of the centre.
Very rough to high seas.

Outside the 120 nautical miles of the centre, south to 27S and west of 155E,
E/SE winds increasing to 34/40 knots tonight. Seas becoming very rough.
Phenomenal!!!