The Thread about Nothing....

62vette said:
We worked out from the ship's web cam that they've done a big circuit round the lumpy seas and are getting in to Whitsunday over 12 hours late. Nice flat looking sea ATM.

I like the BOM high seas warning:

Phenomenal!!!
Never seen that one! :eek:

stevebaby said:
DONE!
Do I win the Gheytime?:D
PS. This should not be viewed by those of tender sensibilities, or any sense of decency at all. Actually it's a farken disgrace and this Goof character should probably be BIRCHED!
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=44&posted=1#post44

WTF, can't post link?
Oops, yes I can. Asterisks for the rude bits...bwahaha.
Personally I reckon you blokes have made their forum more retarded than their letters page, and that's saying something.

The proliferation of the Goff Vadars, Gunt inVadars and whatever other Vadars only confirms that they are experiencing a ******** invasion

62vette said:
I like the BOM high seas warning:

Phenomenal!!!
BOM has just updated the warning

BOM website said:
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligans Isle.

So this is the tale of the castways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.

The first mate and the Skipper too,
Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primative as can be.

So join us here each week my freinds,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded castways,
Here on "Gilligan's Isle."

classic1 said:
Personally I reckon you blokes have made their forum more retarded than their letters page, and that's saying something.

The proliferation of the Goff Vadars, Gunt inVadars and whatever other Vadars only confirms that they are experiencing a ******** invasion
It's scandalous. Bring back the lash for these hooligans I say.

Team Vadar car spotted in Kew.......

1yb7deed9baa9df479e97d2.jpg

roshea said:
The 2 Aussie pairs kept the pace on out of the first sprint and got 20 m on the field before the Euro pair responded. The Euros got to within ~10 m of them at one stage but couldn't bridge - they spent 40 laps off the front but couldn't lap the field. The Euros were great in the sprints but never had a real shot at getting the lap back - game over.

The Golden Mile final was awesome. Joel Leonard (I think?) did an awesome job getting Howard + O'Shea (both off scratch) to the middle of the main pack by the the last bend and got out of the way. The backmarkers just couldn't get around the traffic and took 2nd and 3rd from Schultz. Highlight of the night for me - Keith Oliver off 160 m was right in the mix but faded just at the end. This guy used to ride a bit - he won the first 3 madisons 1972-74 and the Sun Tour in 1969! He's farkin 68 and beat guys who started 40 meters ahead of him in his heat!
I went down and had a look....O'Shea is a real talent, half the teams shouldn't have been allowed to start and the Swiss and German blokes weren't paying attention. On a little velodrome they probably would have got the lap back but at Bendigo with O'Shea driving they were no chance.
Oliver just rode position and basically rolled into placings. Years of experience coming to the fore. Plenty of guys there could have learned a heap from watching him. A real tough nugget in his day. Some of his rides off scratch at Wangaratta are legendary too.

heinkel12 said:
Oliver just rode position and basically rolled into placings. Years of experience coming to the fore. Plenty of guys there could have learned a heap from watching him. A real tough nugget in his day. Some of his rides off scratch at Wangaratta are legendary too.
I have an Ollie story (sorry if I've told it before)

Dad was in a half mile final at the old Traralgon 10,000 carnival one year. Ollie would have been off scratch. Dad would have been off 10 or 15m and won loads of them over the years. They get the outmarkers, the racing is 5 or 6 wide and dad is rounding them up right up on the fence, he is motoring. He thinks he is gonna win it, but Ollie pips him. Ollie has ridden up on the inside of a wall of riders! Dad says 'how did you manage to get through?' Ollie tells him 'I just shut my eyes'. :D

Jono L said:
hahaha cyclingnews forum has decended into idiocy before it ever got off it's feet. Love it.
I'm regretting introducing the word gunt to you gunts. It's already overtaken the word ghey as the most overused word on the TAN.

classic1 said:
I'm regretting introducing the word gunt to you gunts. It's already overtaken the word ghey as the most overused word on the TAN.

Gunt up ghey cnut! Awesome words! But I really do like cnut. The normal c word offends most chicks I know... so it has power.... but cnut, said as 'see nut' means nothing... so its all about context. Lesson over cnuts.

LOL We havent even told Hitchy about it yet. Just wait til that sillycnut from Sunbury fires up. I do hope some seppos take the bait. You cant win the golden gheytime until someone gets banned.
biggrin.gif

gplama said:
Gunt up ghey cnut! Awesome words! But I really do like cnut. The normal c word offends most chicks I know... so it has power.... but cnut, said as 'see nut' means nothing... so its all about context. Lesson over cnuts.
Ah yes, but when it's written you can see exactly what it's meant to be - a bit like fcuk.

Can I put in a vote for the abandonment of the terms gunt and cnut? They're starting to get a bit overused and are no less offensive for the fact that they're "disguised".

Geoff Vadar said:
LOL We havent even told Hitchy about it yet. Just wait til that sillycnut from Sunbury fires up. I do hope some seppos take the bait. You cant win the golden gheytime until someone gets banned.
biggrin.gif

I'll have to hide behind something other than gplama if I want to take a stab... no anonymity with this name.