The Thread about Nothing....

Geoff Vadar said:
Great so I'm the bad guy?! Bloody Classic1 he starts it.
tongue.gif

Anyway I can gladly report my Brazilian connection came through with the goods!! Much joy. All the way from Pocos De Laldas! Random spontaneous global commerce rulz. The cn... the dude came through with the goods in the end so thats all that matters.
biggrin.gif
Where the fark is the photo of your bike ya punce!

stevebaby said:
Deleted after everyone declared their love for Lance!
!
Considering their bamillion, trillion, mazillion ads they have on Cycling News, along with a whole bunch of other vested interests, I can imagine that forum being even more regulated than BF!

531Aussie said:
Considering their bamillion, trillion, mazillion ads they have on Cycling News, along with a whole bunch of other vested interests, I can imagine that forum being even more regulated than BF!

I don't know that the whoever the brainiac that came up with this idea, thought it out properly. Cyclingnews is in it for the money...you're spot on, Nev, they will be that 'beholding' to just about any advertiser that the slightest criticsm of a product will leave them little choice but to modify the thread out of existence (no pun intended :D)....or risk the wraith of their 'bread & butter'...not to mention access to teams & equipment etc...I can see Bruyneel sitting down for a chat with them, when they are hosting a thread called "Lance is a uniball drug taking, motherhumping *******".I can't see this lasting too long, nor can I see it attracting your normal forum contributors....(assuming any of us are!)

Hitchy said:
I don't know that the whoever the brainiac that came up with this idea, thought it out properly. Cyclingnews is in it for the money...

CN is as clean as a whistle for me... Adblockers are awesome to block out the noise.

IMO - CN are a little late on the scene trying to build a community. The last thing people want these days is another farking online community. Two years ago they might have been onto something. In fact thinking more about it, and if they threw it enough cash and the right people, it'd be a gold mine of 30-40something cashed up farkers who spend major $cash on $******** bike parts, etc. Mine the posts for data/keywords/etc and it'd be an advertisers Olsen twins dream. (During their Full House days if you look anything like Graham Waston).

Yep, I can see the CN forum being just censored, bland, white bread BS, like:

--"ooh, nice ride by both Lance and Levi today, righto fellas?"
--"Yes, I agree indoovatably."

--"Oh my oh my, my new $30,000 Time VXRSRRSRS bike is great value. My average speeds have gone up 12km/h over all my rides."
--"Shivers, that's good news, old chap. I'm buying two: one for me and one for my life partner."

--"Jeepers, my new $6,000 Zipps are ever so fast."
--"Yes, they will add at least 6km/h to your speed, and are more indestructable than even the 44-spoke steel rims they rode over the trenches and bomb craters in WWI."

531Aussie said:
--"Oh my oh my, my new $30,000 Time VXRSRRSRS bike is great value. My average speeds have gone up 12km/h over all my rides."
--"Shivers, that's good news, old chap. I'm buying two: one for me and one for my life partner."

lolz.

531Aussie said:
Yep, I can see the CN forum being just censored, bland, white bread BS, like:

--"ooh, nice ride by both Lance and Levi today, righto fellas?"
--"Yes, I agree indoovatably."

--"Jeepers, my new $6,000 Zipps are ever so fast."
--"Yes, they will add at least 6km/h to your speed, and are more indestructable than even the 44-spoke steel rims they rode over the trenches and bomb craters in WWI."

....& don't forget the links right next to every 'mention' to where you can buy it! (with susbsequent kick back to CN)......wonder when our mate Flyer will get on!

Hitchy said:
Geoff Vadar said:
Yes you can. Those for? 1

Those against? 975989235783294759032883429398275839245393047594759

Motion denied!

Actually...I'll vote with Ma...
HA! The big fella has spoken!

Suffer in your jocks, Joffa! :p :D

531Aussie said:
BF...ptooey! P&R used to be good for a bit of sport, now you have to submit a thesis on "Why I want to bore it up a few seppos" and get checked out by the CIA.
Waynekerrs.

parawolf said:
Where the fark is the photo of your bike ya punce!
I cant post it now. I had custom decals made up that said 'cnut' 'gunt' and 'gheylord'. It would be inappropriate to post it now. My hands are tied on this I'm afraid until the nazi word brigade lift their oppressive regime.

Geoff Vadar said:
I cant post it now. I had custom decals made up that said 'cnut' 'gunt' and 'gheylord'. It would be inappropriate to post it now. My hands are tied on this I'm afraid until the nazi word brigade lift their oppressive regime.
That has got to be the most feeble excuse for not posting a picture of a bike I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

C'mon ..... show us a pic of your bike. What's the worst that can happen? We'll just point and laugh regardless. :p

Looks like Gunt Plumber has scored an acting role.....

"HOME and Away is set to divide audiences when it introduces a lesbian romance at the end of this month."

Might open up more advertising opportunities for network 7....

carpet_jester_logo.jpg

Sensationalist journalism anyone.....?

"After witnessing the worst bushfires in Australia's history, the city of Bendigo still held its annual International Madison on Sunday night. Leigh Howard and Glenn O'Shea took the honours for the second consecutive year.

The goldfields region of Victoria was devastated by extreme fires. With over 200 people losing their lives and thousands of homes destroyed the Madison was a chance for sport to assist in healing wounds. "

How those two managed to pull off such a stunt, when no less than 28 years ago a DINGO STOLE A BABY in the harsh Australian outback, is simply amazing.

Now there is talking it up with tact, and then there is talking ****....

A message from the 'outside'.....

paulie said: