The Thread about Nothing....

matagi said:
Sure she's no raving beauty but she's not all that ugly really - she just needs her eyebrows done and a decent hairstyle and she'd be passable.
Dude, no. Just no.

Matagi

=

mrmagoo-02.jpg

swampy1970 said:
Dude, no. Just no.

Matagi

=

mrmagoo-02.jpg
Haussler is pretty quick to go thru the women's Cervelo test team. No one told him you don't have to be as quick as you are on the bike, and that they are not there for "testing".

Häusler hurts on Mur

By Bjorn Haake in Huy, Belgium

Claudia Häusler (Cervélo TestTeam) stormed to a third place in the women's Flèche Wallonne on Wednesday. Häusler made the first move on the final climb of the day, the Mur de Huy.

"I went full gas at that steepest part; there is a left turn and from there I went all out." The reason was quite clear, with many of the women still in contention. "I thought I'd start to go hard early so it would hurt the sprinters. That's better for me as a climber."

Her aggressive move didn't work out but Häusler was all smiles. "In the end it wasn't enough to win but I am really happy about my third place," she told Cyclingnews after the race.

Besides the hard training there was another motivating factor on the final 1.3-kilometre climb. "The spectators are unbelievable, you don't feel any pain – of course it hurts, but you just give all you have."

Häusler has a teammate with a similar name, Heinrich Haussler. "Many think we are siblings, but now within the team everyone has caught onto the fact that the umlaut [and the number of s] is quite important..." she said with a smile.

Her next important race is the World Cup in Bern, Switzerland. "That's almost a home race for us," the German said. "After that the Tour de l'Aude is also very important."

Häusler is quite pleased with her season so far. "Things are looking good and I hope my form will be getting even better."

531Aussie said:
Surely you find it tough to resist stuff like this stuff: :D

Top five Riders of All Time

1- Eddy Merckx
2- Fausto Coppi
3- Jacques Anquetil
4- Roger De Vlaeminck
5- Lance Armstrong

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=479

Or:

Top 5 Tours from the last 25 years

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=492
My top 5 is
1. 1989- LeMond v Fignon, decided on final stage, 9 secs
2. 1987-Roche v Degado, great battle, truly memorable moments, La Plagne
3. 1986- LeMond v Delgado, teacher v pupil, internal team rivalry
4. 2003- Lance v everyone, lots of unforgettable moments, crashes
5. 2008- No idea who is gonna win, oh Sastre, really!!!

Hahaha...

From what I remember:

1. it was 8 seconds.
2. The "power of Conconi" (Roche) Vs whatever you could eventually be masked by probenicid.
3. Delgado? Didn't he quit in the Pyrenees that year?
4. Lance Vs Dehydration.
5. Carlos Q-Rings wins on D'Huez.

Nice to see that every one forgot about Hinault on both lists. I preferred De Vlaeminck's brother - he took more drugs of the two and was eventually busted for selling the stuff. Acting like a fool after 9 hours on a bike is a class move. Roger was a hard ******* but funny how he really never won anything after May.... Call me a cynical *******.

Some of my favourite Tours

83 - one of the most open Tours in years, Fignon wins at 22yo.
84 - Fignon dominated but I thought it was a great Tour. Hinault attacking day in day out
86 - Lemond vs Hinault
87- Roche vs Delgado. JF Bernards memorable TT on the Ventoux, Roches collapse at La Plagne, him gaining time back the next day on the decent of the Joux Plane, Systeme U attacking everywhere
89 - Lemond vs Fignon - 8 seconds
96 - Another open race. Riis the winner. Indurain cracking
03 - Exciting Tour

Geoff Vadar said:
I wish that guy would stop lying to himself about his past. He needs to have a good cry IMO and let it all out. He will never win anything unless he learns to just 'feel' life.

He needs a real coach. Not a numbers man. A coach. There is a big farken difference. Someone who can unlock him.

okbyefornow.
I think he is tactically naive. I didn't see the finish last night but if he has gone early with Rebellin, Schleck and Cunego just sitting there then that is stupid. He could win one of these big classics but I don't think he knows how to. He was at the finish of a world road title a couple of years back and stuffed that too.
I'd like to see him ride Roubaix and Flanders actually.

swampy1970 said:
Nice to see that every one forgot about Hinault on both lists. I preferred De Vlaeminck's brother - he took more drugs of the two and was eventually busted for selling the stuff. Acting like a fool after 9 hours on a bike is a class move. Roger was a hard ******* but funny how he really never won anything after May.... Call me a cynical *******.

Eric deVlaeminck was farkin nuts. I know a Belgian woman who was his social worker for a while. She confirmed his general nuttiness. He never discusses his 'dark period'. Wild rides in cars, gunplay, drugs.........

Roger won a couple of Belgian road titles, **** loads of Giro stages, a couple of Tours of Lombardy's, and a Paris-Brussels, so it blows your after May theory out of the water. He did despise racing in France in any race other than Paris-Roubaix though.

Anyone who doesn't have Hinault on their top 5 of all time list isn't objective and is probably a window licker.

heinkel12 said:
I think he is tactically naive. I didn't see the finish last night but if he has gone early with Rebellin, Schleck and Cunego just sitting there then that is stupid.

Especially after he handed Kirchen a magnificent lead out last year.

He could win one of these big classics but I don't think he knows how to. He was at the finish of a world road title a couple of years back and stuffed that too.
Yep

Evans would find a way to break three collarbones at Roubaix.

heinkel12 said:
I think he is tactically naive. I didn't see the finish last night but if he has gone early with Rebellin, Schleck and Cunego just sitting there then that is stupid. He could win one of these big classics but I don't think he knows how to. He was at the finish of a world road title a couple of years back and stuffed that too.
With his background, I would have thought he would handle the rough stuff pretty well.

matagi said:
I often wonder what Tom Selleck would like without that mo.

You shouldn't spend too much time in public dunnies ........ all sorts of unsavoury types hang out around there.

george_michael_pic.jpg
Ha! No mo!
My mo is more Ron Jeremy than Tom Selleck.

thunder said:
Haussler is pretty quick to go thru the women's Cervelo test team. No one told him you don't have to be as quick as you are on the bike, and that they are not there for "testing".

Nonsense. They are nearly all lesbots. Then again HH looks a bit like a lesbian himself.

classic1 said:
Some of my favourite Tours

83 - one of the most open Tours in years, Fignon wins at 22yo.
84 - Fignon dominated but I thought it was a great Tour. Hinault attacking day in day out
86 - Lemond vs Hinault
87- Roche vs Delgado. JF Bernards memorable TT on the Ventoux, Roches collapse at La Plagne, him gaining time back the next day on the decent of the Joux Plane, Systeme U attacking everywhere
89 - Lemond vs Fignon - 8 seconds
96 - Another open race. Riis the winner. Indurain cracking
03 - Exciting Tour
96 wasn't an open race. Riis had that one in his pocket after the first day in the mountains. Riis on Hautacam was a farce. Watching Mr 60% casually slide back through the lead group checking everyone out before just knocking it up and gear and gracefully riding off into the distance...

swampy1970 said:
96 wasn't an open race. Riis had that one in his pocket after the first day in the mountains. Riis on Hautacam was a farce. Watching Mr 60% casually slide back through the lead group checking everyone out before just knocking it up and gear and gracefully riding off into the distance...

Wrong. Your argument re: Riis having it in the bag on first day in the mountains does not hold any water. Indurain was red hot favourite. When he cracked nobody knew who would win overall. Berzin was yellow jersey on the day of migs collapse, not Riis.

Hautacam wasn't until the third week of the Tour. Indurain wasn't completely out of the picture until the following day to Pamplona when he was distanced on the big Pyreene stage. Finally, Riis cracked in the final TT and only beat Ullrich by 1.40 overall.

^ Jee, that took longer than I expected -- and you even broke you new "I don't post on here no more whilst at work, since the fat, ugly chick in the next cubicle dobbed me in to the supervisor" rule :D

classic1 said:
Wrong. Your argument re: Riis having it in the bag on first day in the mountains does not hold any water. Indurain was red hot favourite. When he cracked nobody knew who would win overall. Berzin was yellow jersey on the day of migs collapse, not Riis.

Hautacam wasn't until the third week of the Tour. Indurain wasn't completely out of the picture until the following day to Pamplona when he was distanced on the big Pyreene stage. Finally, Riis cracked in the final TT and only beat Ullrich by 1.40 overall.
If anyone has seen Classos' life, can you please give it back to him? ta.

Oh, almost forgot :

It's a Holiday in Deeee-troit-ia.....where Estate agents dress in black......

I just attempted to join cyclingnews.com forum, and the 'random question' was "Did Pantani win the TdF?" to which I answered "sort of".

Apparently that's the wrong answer. :rolleyes: