The Thread about Nothing....

46kgToDate said:
Don,t get me wrong, I like tje guy, but he's no genius,
And all the blood was probably rushing to his legs not his head
I did like the laid back commentators though.
On the whole ATM I'd rather be riding - To misquote W C Fields
its just so damn windy here!
I agree, he's not the brightest bulb in the box.

You want wind? Gale warning for Port Phillip today and a storm warning for Westernport. :eek:

matagi said:
You want wind? Gale warning for Port Phillip today and a storm warning for Westernport. :eek:
Wind is grouse fun! :) I might break my Beach Rd speed record today, perhaps down one of those dips near the Mentone Pub.

Ok, I've decided it's officially cold - 15.5 inside my flat at the moment :eek:

I have just put the heater on :eek: :eek:

Eh, 11 is ok. Single figures is when it starts to get chilly.
When did you last experience a deep southern winter? :p

531Aussie said:
Eh, 11 is ok. Single figures is when it starts to get chilly.
When did you last experience a deep southern winter? :p
It's been a while. :eek:

That said, Tamworth was pretty cold - but that was a newish place with insulation and stuff. This flat is 80 years old, has windows and doors that don't fit properly and isn't insulated. You can feel a breeze under the door when you go into the hallway. I'm off to Southland to buy a draught excluder. :p

^ Ha! :) My mate's joint in Nth Fitzroy is like that, and the worst of the crappy-fitting windows are in his bedroom.

Weren't you in Tassie a while ago?

-----

Speaking of your la di da area, I can't believe they finally finished that restaurant across the road from the Brighton Baths

^^^ Haven't noticed the new restaurant ..... if you want la-de-da ;) the restaurant above Middle Brighton Baths is pretty good. :p

Nah, wasn't in Tassie, hubby has bought a farm there - that's the connection.

Geoff Vadar's new hero:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2187/2080345957_6f0d036e87.jpg?v=0
2080345957_6f0d036e87.jpg

What a legend.

Geoff Vadar said:

Jelle Nijdam. Gun prologue rider and one of the few blokes ever who could attack in the last 3km and hold a off a peloton in full flight. Also known to win the odd bunch sprint.

Did you read that Joe Parkin interview on cyclingnews? Parkin is full of **** and a hypocrite IMO. Nijdam should punch him in the head again.

classic1 said:
Farking Collingwood. I was feeling pretty smug about 4 minutes to go too.

Here is a link to the last 1km of Fleche Wallonne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzU24b7An8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fposted%2Ephp%3Fid%3D61130775204%26share%5Fid%3D75349230908%26ref%3Dmf&feature=player_embedded

Does Evans have any guile at all? Fark me. He should be made to watch all Rebellins classic wins 100 times over to see how it is done.
It was almost like he was giving Rebellin the perfect lead out! Maybe he is smarter than we think and got paid for being the bunny. Nah...I don't think so either.

classic1 said:
Did you read that Joe Parkin interview on cyclingnews? Parkin is full of **** and a hypocrite IMO. Nijdam should punch him in the head again.
Yep.

Amen brother amen.

To be honest road cycling in Australia is possibly the hardest task I've sunk my intellectualizations teeth into. Its a tough gig to figure out how to fix. (its broken cos its not growing).

I think the ticket is Anzac day. Anzac tradition. I'm talking about our ticket into main stream cultural acceptance.

I think we can celebrate the Anzac tradition as a sport. We are a better fit than football IMO - with regard to building the Anzac tradition as a global celebration of the Anzac sacrifice.

I think we should hold our national champs in April on Anzac day and in France.

Both Australia and NZ together.

I think we can get decent crowds in France on Anzac day for the Aus National champs.

I think we can get the local dom pros to go over for it to make it a big field.

I think we have enough euro pros now to make it a solid event.

I think we could get better sponsorship dollar holding it in France.

I think we could convince French municipalities to back it. Maybe alternate it - every second year in France??

I think as a baby eater I could make in roads into the broader Australian culture into accepting road cycling under the umbrella of the Anzac tradition and building ties with France. It would get traction in Federal Govt. They love this sort of ****.

Maybe. I dunno.

At some point when I know enough (and know who can/could stab me in the back) I'll crack the ***** with these bunnys running the sport. I'm bit over it/them.

Anyway i'm off the grid again for ages - somebody think up better ideas while i'm gone.
smile.gif

Except swamp Rat who is pommie/seppo mongrel 'bitsza' manchild **** with no good ideas.

531Aussie said:
Hmm, I see

Yeah, farkin amazing! I can't believe the prices I see guys on BF getting stuff for. I think we trade cheap toys for a better-than-average healthcare system; at least, that's what we're told. :D

Is that not you in your avatar?

Who? Fran Drescher?
People here keep telling me that the UK has a brilliant health care system. When they finally shut up I tell them that I'm from England and that, unless you need urgent emergency care, the NHS sucks. Overthere the doc will just give you a bottle of pills and tell you to be on your way. Here, if you tell the doc you want to know what you've got, he'll stick a swab whereever you're having issues and in a couple of days you find out and in the meantime you'll be given something based upon 'best guess' following an actual examination. Cost wise, I pay about the same based upon percentage of my wage. Either way you either pay via taxes, such as National Insurance payments in England) or via a monthly health insurance premium, with the only difference being that in England my payment goes towards paying everyone's health coverage whereas here, I'm just paying for my family.

That is me - but I would have thought something about round (531 tandem - non-butted) tubes, old campag shamals and the 1992 USA Olympic team issue descente "bat suit" may have given the game away as to it not being a recent photo. It's like a tease on a dating website - yo look, it's me like 5 decades ago... or something like that. :D Currently working on getting back into that kind of shape. The power is getting there - the gut, well, that's being a little more stubborn.

Nah, not Fran Drescher (Bobbi Flekman) - the chick who was David St Hubbins' girlfriend... the one who became the bands manager after Ian Faith stopped beating the **** outa TVs with his cricket bat.

Jono L said:
lol

so much **** from Malthouse. He is like a ***** who gets booked out for a ******** on Anzac Day. It is his chance in the spotlight, and he shills himself.

Geoff Vadar said:
I think we could get better sponsorship dollar holding it in France.

I think we could convince French municipalities to back it. Maybe alternate it - every second year in France??

they generally get shitty crowds for the French national title.

classic1 said:
Jelle Nijdam. Gun prologue rider and one of the few blokes ever who could attack in the last 3km and hold a off a peloton in full flight. Also known to win the odd bunch sprint.

hee hee! This is pretty funny :)

CN -- "Who was the meanest racer?"

Parkin -- "Definitely Jelle Nijdam. I hated the guy. I got punched by him in races a few times! He didn't care for me much and made it known. Was it because I'm an American? Not sure, really. I had a unique position on the bike, was quiet and didn't make much noise. He was a loudmouth. Still hate him, actually."