The Thread about Nothing....

Speaker of the House (referring to Joe Hockey) responding to a point of order:

"Hockey Bear will contain himself!"

Gold.

(Previously ignored point of order went to the lack of adherence to standing orders relating to the correct reference of opposition members in the house by those opposite (Government)).

How long since we've made a Kennedy fit reference? TOO LONG...

So I present.... Taylor Phinney's "yeah like super wow cool heh awesome" Trek-Livestrong Trek Madone:

Phinney_Madone_full_view_3alt.jpg

gplama said:
How long since we've made a Kennedy fit reference? TOO LONG...

So I present.... Taylor Phinney's "yeah like super wow cool heh awesome" Trek-Livestrong Trek Madone:
It's not the fit that's the problem, it's the stupid ****ing frame.

Livestrong......Ridewrong.

*edit* I just read that article. Funny enough, he's the same height as me but with much shorter inseam. Keep that in mind when I say I run a 71.5 seat tube angle with a layback seatpost. :cool: If he has long femurs, although unusual it would not be out of the question that he could need in the vicinity of 120mm of setback.

ps: Jono is smack on the money. That course would be awesome - great exposure on the part of Melbourne that really is the heart of Melb Cycling.

It bugs me a bit that it's trendy to have a lot of setback. Ya should she some of the short blokes at Sandown riding around with their stool slammed right back on a 7cm setback post :p

classic1 said:
3. Thieving Gypos
4. Fat Italian grandmothers squeezing the boys legs and pinching his cheeks on the bus saying 'bellissimo bambino'. (his ash-blonde hair got a bit of attention in Sthn Europe)
Thieving Gypos +1
so true so true
"look at my piece of paper" - :D:D

Jesus, does Phinney have femurs like a telephone poles and arms like an ape? For most people that bike could double as a torture device

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors Corp. has signed a deal to sell its Hummer truck unit to a Chinese industrial company, a person with knowledge of the deal said Tuesday.

The news comes a day after GM (GMGMQ) filed for bankruptcy protection in New York. The company did not identify the buyer nor name a price, saying only that the deal would close by the end of September.

But a source identified the buyer as Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd. in China
Sichuan Tengzhong? Sounds more like something spicy you'd eat down the local Chinese rather than something you'd expect to see stuck on the back of a Hummer...

I wonder if they'll also be making the US Army version of the Humvee too? Hmmm.

swampy1970 said:
Sichuan Tengzhong? Sounds more like something spicy you'd eat down the local Chinese rather than something you'd expect to see stuck on the back of a Hummer...

I wonder if they'll also be making the US Army version of the Humvee too? Hmmm.
<<<<< see left
american-freedom-made-in-china.jpg

Snapped another chain last night. Lucky for me it snapped two links from the quicklink, so backtrack to pick it up, wiggle the link open, wind it back around, and minus a gear or two I was away again quick smart.
Hang on what's that godawful noise? Maybe I somehow bent the derailleur? Looks ok. Muck around with the barrel adjusters for a while, nup.
**** what have I done?
It finally dawns on me when I'm looking down stopped at a red light (whodathunk?) that I've gone outside the cage with the chain at one of the pulleys. D'oh :eek:

531Aussie said:
What kind of **** chains are you using?
This one was a wipperman 9spd. But it was getting old.
The last one I broke that led to the sad drowning of the Gary Fisher was definitely just an ancient junk one though, so I can't really blame my MASSIVE POWER™ output :cool: